PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex

YouSycophant
12-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Has anyone played the new Deus Ex game on pc or xbox. I ahve been waiting for this game ever since I saw Deus Ex 1. It looks pretty good i jsut hope it isnt too alike with the first one. I'll prolly get it on box since my computer doesnt ahve the suitable graphics card, though then i cant cheat.

Speaking of xbox does anyone have any info bout emulation for an xbox game off of kazaa(off topics i know and ill prolly post it elsewhere too)

Also anyone know if there's gonna be any releases for it on kazaa?

THanx
You will all rule down before Lord Tallen :P

BullWinkle
12-14-2003, 12:40 AM
The new Deus Ex rules man. You have to get it.

YouSycophant
12-14-2003, 01:50 AM
Cool , what do you guys think? Buy a new video card and get it on pc? or get it for xbox. I enjoy computer games better and love to cheat ;) but my computer couldnt handle it

chalice
12-14-2003, 01:54 AM
My card won't run it either. Which wrecks my life no end.

If I were you I'd upgrade. You're gonna need it for Half life 2 and Doom 3 anyway.

Busyman
12-14-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by YouSycophant@14 December 2003 - 01:50
Cool , what do you guys think? Buy a new video card and get it on pc? or get it for xbox. I enjoy computer games better and love to cheat ;) but my computer couldnt handle it
I love the Xbox but if you have the money and haven't upgraded your card recently (on PC) get the PC version.
You can get it free

Is your Xbox modded?

YouSycophant
12-14-2003, 02:02 AM
you guys r right i do need to upgrade ESPECIALLY for half life 2 since i run a voodoo 3 wit 16mb :( . I havent been able to find Deus Ex:Invisible War on kazaa yet? and no i jsut got my xbox (im poor so it took me awhile ;) ) so its not modded i was wondering too about emulation and what not. Know anything?

hobbes
12-14-2003, 02:02 AM
I just purchased the game and it runs just fine. I just hate using wasd to control my character, it seems so cumbersome.

Any advice on what you use to control your pc action adventure characters?

Should I get a game pad.

I would prefer that mt mouse control all movement. forward-look up, backward-look down, left right- look lefet and right, left mouse- move forward, right mouse- mouse backward.

I would use the key board as function keys.

chalice
12-14-2003, 02:10 AM
Mouse and direction keys will do just fine, Hobbes.

I'm hearing bad things, though.

Apparently, there's been a certain degree of dumbing down since the last game so I'm in two minds at the minute.

YouSycophant
12-14-2003, 02:25 AM
i use the same controls for every game, direction button with right and elft strafing, mouse1 as fire mouse 2 as jump, shift as alternate, ctrl as crouch obviously and enter as use, allows ur hands to be closer together and with no reaching down to jump, dumbed down? Like storyline wise or just not as much effort put into it? I read some info and i was hoping there would be signifigantly more powerups and what not but it seems its jsut more challenging with a new storyline. again though anyone know bout modding xmobx or emulating for it?

Thanx,
Lord Tallen
Long live Tallenism and long live file sharing

chalice
12-14-2003, 02:32 AM
As far as dumbing down is concerned, I've heard the progression is hugely linear which is a sorry step backwards from the original.

It's developed in line with console gameplay so it just won't measure up technically, unfortunately.

The original was something special, imo.

Also this version, regardless of your graphics card, is supposed to be buggy as six week old corpse.

YouSycophant
12-14-2003, 02:41 AM
the original was pretty buggy too or at elast the version i had, im still hoping for sumthin good, though there is sumthing special bout a computer game, a little less mainstream and a bit more artistic or at least creative.. all im really worried bout is the story line +plus sumthing new new implants something, its kinda hard to beat the orignal though

YouSycophant
12-14-2003, 03:05 AM
You know what mighta given it kick was to make it on xbox live or make it multiplayer

chalice
12-14-2003, 03:10 AM
I used to play the original online.

Pretty shit compared to CS and some of the rest but I loved it anyway.

I crawled after this guy for about five minutes after he blew my legs off, still trying to stab him. :lol: :lol:

Them were the days. When losing limbs just got you angry.

YouSycophant
12-14-2003, 03:27 AM
i got the kazaa version of the original so mine dint work right so i never got too, hmm i could see it improving into maybe an unreal type online game

ya i know what ur saying, though im startin to get a lil thrown off by the attempts at realism in fighting and rpgs. I mean im all for a challenge, but they seem to forget why people play games, not to be in another reality but a fantasy world. especially me since i ahve a god complex, i dont wanna die from being shot once, i wanna storm in and take out 100s of men with some big gun with blinking lights on it :D that reminds me i wanna see another attempt at a god game black and white fell a little short

Random Rantings from:
Lord Tallen
www.expage.com/tallenism

DarkReality
12-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Go to "verified hashes" and read my topic "Deus Ex and Deus Ex 2". I have Amazon links to both games on all platforms and the strategy guides, a review (really long, and yes I wrote it!), and Kazaa Lite and eMule links for both games for the PC. If you wanna get it, that is... :D