PDA

View Full Version : Can I Put In Blocked Ips In Emule?

MusicChick
12-14-2003, 10:46 AM
I haven't used Emule yet and I was thinking about trying it out. I was wondering, does emule have it where you can put in blocked ips like you can in a firewall? If Emule doesn't, is there some other p2p that does? Thanks for any help. ;)

thisiswhoweare
12-14-2003, 11:00 AM
theres a file called ipfilter.dat which it looks up and blocks any ips in it. But i havent used it so i dont know how easy it is to add ips into it. Might be better asking official emule's board

ck-uk
12-14-2003, 11:30 AM
hello mc..looking horny as usual..

goto the emule folder,open ipfilter.dat with notepad & just follow the other entries.Theres a load already in there such as ria etc :)

SeK612
12-14-2003, 12:52 PM
I don't think "Bad IP's" are such a worry on emule. As things stand the RIAA are focusing heavily on Kazaa and the FT network and are not making too much inroads into other P2P apps. Also as emule is open source if things to begin to kick off I'm sure there will be similar developments that K++ went through to prevent people being picked off.

guit_steel
12-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@14 December 2003 - 06:30
goto the emule folder,open ipfilter.dat with notepad & just follow the other entries.Theres a load already in there such as ria etc :)
Just use the PG list, right?

BTW: That avatar is a hottie! Won't mind finding MC in my "stocking". :devil: