PDA

View Full Version : Strange...

guit_steel
12-15-2003, 03:02 PM
My Plus (v1i) seems to have suffered a critical error and closed last night. First time this has happened to me. Don't seem to have lost anything besides my file data — everything is re-hashing.

Apart from the inconvenience of the re-hash, not a real big deal. Just thought I'd post the incident here and at the Plus forum on the chance anybody had had a similar prob with the new version.

thisiswhoweare
12-15-2003, 03:05 PM
was a dump file created? If there is send it to the plus team (email address is in the help section).

What do you mean by critical error though?

guit_steel
12-16-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@15 December 2003 - 10:05
was a dump file created? If there is send it to the plus team (email address is in the help section).

What do you mean by critical error though?
Don't know. XP shut her down during the night.

I had already looked for a dump file but didn't find one. Like I said, I think this might have been a one time thing. I just wanted to put it on a couple of boards b/c newness of the version and the outside chance that someone had a similar prob. More baffled than concerned.

sparsely
12-16-2003, 02:45 AM
check event log. and go to system properties | startup & recovery and uncheck the 'shutdown on critical error' thingy.
hope you recover well.
If you determine it's the client giving you trouble, I'd recommend the latest Sivka mod.
I recently switched to it in favor of my aging LSD mod, and it's quite nice.

Kevhead2
12-16-2003, 02:52 AM
This could be just a coincidence but, it seems the times have a download a microsoft product. my eMule has a "error and must close". i have always taken it as coincidence . but it just happend again the other day

guit_steel
12-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely@15 December 2003 - 21:45
check event log. and go to system properties | startup & recovery and uncheck the 'shutdown on critical error' thingy.
I had checked the log — nothing. Think I'll wait for another incident b4 I'll unselect shutdown. (Maxs out the cpu if puter is unattended, doesn't it?)

I was also running Filezilla, which was smooth. I ruled out my connection on that basis. Curious about the error, but still think this was a one time thing.

BTW: What features sold u on the Sivka mod? Never tried it personally.