PDA

View Full Version : Klite 2.6 Errors

QuickSurfer
12-17-2003, 04:37 AM
Every time i try to load up klite 2.6 rc4 i get an "error loading dll!!" message. Anyone know why this is happening and what dll i may be missing or has been corrupted?

BTW:
All apps included in the installer work except

Klite (dll error)
DK (just makes an error noise when i try to start it)
Kanat (runtime error 13 "type mismatch)

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 09:38 AM
get kazaa 2.4.3, 2.6 is still for testing only

Kunal
12-17-2003, 09:43 AM
What Os?

1) K-lite, Run klr.exe instead of kazaa.exe

2) do you have the VB control files installed? if not get them and install them from
here (http://www.krayzzed.com/Klchat/Kazaa/vbcontrol.exe)

3) The above runtimes should sort kanat also (you would never need to use it except if you router also, so dont worry about that one :) )

elkinm
12-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Yes run flr.exe instead like kunal said.
Aslo, did you desctop shortcut open Diet-K by default which did not work? I am monstly interested in the autosearchmore function Diet-K should have. When I try to run Diet-K I get a lound sound like there is some error but nothing happens. Can't be long until RC5 as RC3 and 4 were out realy fast.

Kunal
12-17-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by elkinm@17 December 2003 - 12:46
When I try to run Diet-K I get a lound sound like there is some error but nothing happens.
Can you be more specific please? what exact error? are the VB control files installed correctly?

OSOB
12-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@17 December 2003 - 09:38
get kazaa 2.4.3, 2.6 is still for testing only
Regarding "getting 2.4.3," I have a question. I already have that version installed but deleted the "klitekpp243e.exe" afterward. I'd like to download it again (just in case I need to re-install later) but have run into a problem.

There are a number of sites on the web offering that file for download ... however, the "filesize" on some of those downloads is approximately 2.7 megs while on others, it's approximately 3.2 megs. Which filesize was the original filesize of "klitekpp243e.exe" when it was still being offered for download on KLite's homepage? Also, are versions of other filesizes malware or just other versions worked on by independent developers?

Kunal
12-17-2003, 02:13 PM
They were two version of kazaa lite k++ 2.4.3, one that used 'standard' compression and the other that used '7-zip' compression, both should work, check out www.oldversion.com for a safe version of 2.4.3

QuickSurfer
12-17-2003, 09:38 PM
well running KLR.exe got kazaa running so thats a good thing

and about the DK problem no error msg pops up. It just makes the error sound (hard to describe since you may have it set to something else)