PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Network Is A Piece Of Shit

Cotton
12-17-2003, 07:29 AM
I dont know about you guys but ive given up on KL (sharmen network), its veryhard to find legit MP3's and there are very few new games posted on kazaa for download, im always finding games and shit form other sources and making them avalible for download via kazaa. But it doesnt seem like not many other people do what i do because all the content on kazaa is very old and new shit just cant be found unless its MP3s and then u have the sift throught the corrupted files.

Ive found its alote easyier to use other means for dl beside from p2p because lets face it P2P is plain shit all these greedy fucks who dont share and these losers who post corrupted files just piss me off, and its quite hard to get good speeds even when u find somin with p2p.

i know most of u feel the same way thats y there r so many new forum sections for different p2p but those other programs have very lil users and hence are also shit, so im sticking to alternatives which are much better and u dont have to worry about corrupted files, for someone who has a dl limit is not just annoying but costly.

i feel like im trying to hold a network togethor by myself which may sound stupid but thats how i feel, i leave my kl on nearly 24/7 so that people can download of me, then i try to download a single song and it takes 10 trys to find a legit file, and i dont feel like my effors r paying off and i know its no ones falut but those dam record companys but the network is fucked so im no longer going to go out of my way to allow my files to be downloaded.

Your thoughts please.

Samurai
12-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Hmm... I don't use Kazaa for downloading music, because you're right; it sucks. Try using WinMX available here (http://www.winmx.com) to d/l your music.

Samurai

Broken
12-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Kazaa will just be the first because it was (is) the biggest network. The crowds are running scared. All the other p2p programs will soon follow. Maybe someday there will be a rebound. Until then it is left up to us to keep things going. I will share, even with all the leeches, until i get a letter in the mail telling me that i'm being sued. :D

guit_steel
12-17-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Cotton@17 December 2003 - 02:29
i know most of u feel the same way thats y there r so many new forum sections for different p2p but those other programs have very lil users and hence are also shit, so im sticking to alternatives which are much better and u dont have to worry about corrupted files, for someone who has a dl limit is not just annoying but costly.
I use quite a few apps myself — just decided to give SS a try last night.

If ur serious about avoiding p2p networks, join some trading groups. FTP sharing is my #1 source. Each of the links in my sig takes u to a trading community and I can supply more if ur interested.

Adster
12-18-2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Broken@17 December 2003 - 17:48
Kazaa will just be the first because it was (is) the biggest network. The crowds are running scared. All the other p2p programs will soon follow. Maybe someday there will be a rebound. Until then it is left up to us to keep things going. I will share, even with all the leeches, until i get a letter in the mail telling me that i'm being sued. :D
if I got a letter being sued i would still continue I would have nothing to loose I couldn't even afford to pay for the 1 song I'm sharing let alone the other 7000 files I'm sharing :lol:

Haz
12-18-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Adster+18 December 2003 - 00:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster @ 18 December 2003 - 00:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Broken@17 December 2003 - 17:48
Kazaa will just be the first because it was (is) the biggest network.&nbsp; The crowds are running scared.&nbsp; All the other p2p programs will soon follow.&nbsp; Maybe someday there will be a rebound.&nbsp; Until then it is left up to us to keep things going.&nbsp; I will share, even with all the leeches, until i get a letter in the mail telling me that i&#39;m being sued.&nbsp; :D
if I got a letter being sued i would still continue I would have nothing to loose I couldn&#39;t even afford to pay for the 1 song I&#39;m sharing let alone the other 7000 files I&#39;m sharing :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol:

Yeah same here, I&#39;d be so screwed there wouldn&#39;t be any reason not too share

Aaron_T
12-18-2003, 11:55 AM
every song or album i have searched for i have downloaded from k-lite and i dont even have broadband k-lite ROCKSS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Barbarossa
12-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Azzz@18 December 2003 - 10:55
every song or album i have searched for i have downloaded from k-lite and i dont even have broadband k-lite ROCKSS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Good on ya&#33; :)

Tmpj
12-18-2003, 08:58 PM
I mostly listen to MJ&#39;s music, and when I want something I just get a full album off the eDonkey/Overnet networks.

For software and games I use sources outside the P2P world&#33; ;)

Switeck
12-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Broken@17 December 2003 - 02:48
Kazaa will just be the first because it was (is) the biggest network. The crowds are running scared. All the other p2p programs will soon follow. Maybe someday there will be a rebound. Until then it is left up to us to keep things going. I will share, even with all the leeches, until i get a letter in the mail telling me that i&#39;m being sued. :D
RIAA/MPAA/BSA will soon find that even if they throw the same amount of resources at the next big &#39;Napster&#39; that their results won&#39;t be as good as they were on Kazaa.

Look at how much tougher it was just for them to catch Kazaa Lite K++ users than REGULAR Kazaa users&#33;

A decentralized network which only allows users to search at most somewhere between 10,000 and 1/2 million users without disconnecting and reconnecting, plus some block-by-behavior and block-by-ip features built-in would further hamper their efforts.

Such networks exist, but need more good users to make them &#39;worthwhile&#39;.

Proxy use is on the rise, so even if RIAA/MPAA/BSA DOES get an ip (of a shared copyrighted file they control), that ip will be for the PROXY not the actual user&#39;s ip. They&#39;ll then have to demand the proxy company&#39;s records to find the user&#39;s ip, then ask the user&#39;s ISP for that user&#39;s name, location, etc. This assumes the Proxy company even keeps accurate records or is willing to give them out to RIAA/MPAA/BSA&#33;

The bigger threat is not RIAA/MPAA/BSA&#39;s monitoring attempts, but outright banning attempts of ALL file-sharing networks that aren&#39;t completely under their thumb&#33; (Yes, they&#39;re dumb enough to TRY to get this&#33;) It would have to be monitored by ISPs -- which they too would be forced to do -- and users would find that much harder to avoid.

guit_steel
12-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Switeck@18 December 2003 - 19:29
The bigger threat is not RIAA/MPAA/BSA&#39;s monitoring attempts, but outright banning attempts of ALL file-sharing networks that aren&#39;t completely under their thumb&#33; (Yes, they&#39;re dumb enough to TRY to get this&#33;) It would have to be monitored by ISPs -- which they too would be forced to do -- and users would find that much harder to avoid.
Too many folk miss this point. :ph34r:

Switeck
12-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by guit_steel+19 December 2003 - 11:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guit_steel @ 19 December 2003 - 11:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@18 December 2003 - 19:29
Too many folk miss this point. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Also, too many people ARE suffering from this problem and often blame the file-sharing programs for their connection issues. :(

ISPs often don&#39;t fully block Kazaa, but instead throttle it down to 1KB/sec max or less -- then let the users figure out on their own it isn&#39;t worth using... that way they can officially deny banning Kazaa while effectively doing just that&#33;

j4y3m
12-19-2003, 09:21 PM
You only need half a brain to know when a song is fake before you download it :rolleyes:

Robert864
12-20-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Broken@17 December 2003 - 07:48
Kazaa will just be the first because it was (is) the biggest network. The crowds are running scared. All the other p2p programs will soon follow. Maybe someday there will be a rebound. Until then it is left up to us to keep things going. I will share, even with all the leeches, until i get a letter in the mail telling me that i&#39;m being sued. :D

Right on man, I’m sick of paying through the nose for music all in the name of corporate profit. Sharing is the way forward.

The authorities can threaten all they like - what are they going to arrest 5 million people?

Come get me you bstardz&#33;&#33; p2p will never die&#33;&#33;

B)

thisiswhoweare
12-20-2003, 02:45 AM
i say you give them your home address :D and demand them come over and slap a subpoena on ya lol :P

james_bond_rulez
12-20-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Cotton@16 December 2003 - 22:29
I dont know about you guys but ive given up on KL (sharmen network), its veryhard to find legit MP3&#39;s and there are very few new games posted on kazaa for download, im always finding games and shit form other sources and making them avalible for download via kazaa. But it doesnt seem like not many other people do what i do because all the content on kazaa is very old and new shit just cant be found unless its MP3s and then u have the sift throught the corrupted files.

Ive found its alote easyier to use other means for dl beside from p2p because lets face it P2P is plain shit all these greedy fucks who dont share and these losers who post corrupted files just piss me off, and its quite hard to get good speeds even when u find somin with p2p.

i feel like im trying to hold a network togethor by myself which may sound stupid but thats how i feel, i leave my kl on nearly 24/7 so that people can download of me, then i try to download a single song and it takes 10 trys to find a legit file, and i dont feel like my effors r paying off and i know its no ones falut but those dam record companys but the network is fucked so im no longer going to go out of my way to allow my files to be downloaded.

Your thoughts please.
BYE BYE :lol:

[B][O][T]
12-20-2003, 06:21 AM
Nobody mentioned SoulSeek yet?

:: click here :: (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showforum=60)

BOT

Cotton
12-20-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by &#091;B
[O][T],20 December 2003 - 06:21] Nobody mentioned SoulSeek yet?

:: click here :: (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showforum=60)

BOT
They only have music, so its shit.

And the program is very UN-user friendly, i go fucking confused cause no one was talking so i uninstalled it.

Edit: I need warez :)

sparsely
12-20-2003, 06:42 AM
right now, emule is all you need. ;)

but soulseek is good for the occasional, reeaally rare album.

internet.news
12-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Cotton@17 December 2003 - 08:29
I dont know about you guys but ive given up on KL (sharmen network), its veryhard to find legit MP3&#39;s and there are very few new games posted on kazaa for download, im always finding games and shit form other sources and making them avalible for download via kazaa. But it doesnt seem like not many other people do what i do because all the content on kazaa is very old and new shit just cant be found unless its MP3s and then u have the sift throught the corrupted files.

Your thoughts please.
For me I think the following and Kazaa is the best for the moment:

When you try to find hard mp3s be sure to look on the following p2p:

1. Kazaa Lite K++ (K++, Kazaa below v2.5)
2. SoulSeek
3. Imesh
4. Audiogalaxy User Groups
5. eMule
6. other... just ask your nearest friends.

Audiogalaxy was the fastest - and there are only these tools together which can compete with it. I am still hoping it comes back one time.