PDA

View Full Version : Mods! Let Us See What You Have Deleted!

james_bond_rulez
12-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Can 7thElement consider this as part of the forum "makeover"

make the trasher can viewable to us members so we know if something is deleted, we dont spend HOURS looking for it.

Recently mods have deleted topics that I dont think deserved to be in the trash can but it is still nice to let us know it's DELETED.

7thElement u hear me??!!!

:angry:

Where is my beer? <_<

3rd gen noob
12-18-2003, 09:31 AM
my browser incorporates this magical thing called a "history"

i can link you to a good browser, if you wish...?

:)

jetje
12-18-2003, 10:04 AM
If you think the mods deleted stuff that was not necessary you can always pm a mod (best pm the mod who did it). If you totally disagree with a mod action you can contact the admins. ;)

Since last month we never delete stuff entirely. we move it to a trash can, if we do as you suggested what would be the point of moving stuff in the 1st place?
If someone post anything against board rules (pron, racial stuff, spam etc.)
it will be still out to be seen. The purpose of moving to trashcan is to get it away from the public side of this board... ;)

camille
12-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by jetje@18 December 2003 - 17:04
If you think the mods deleted stuff that was not necessary you can always pm a mod (best pm the mod who did it). If you totally disagree with a mod action you can contact the admins. ;)

Since last month we never delete stuff entirely. we move it to a trash can, if we do as you suggested what would be the point of moving stuff in the 1st place?
If someone post anything against board rules (pron, racial stuff, spam etc.)
it will be still out to be seen. The purpose of moving to trashcan is to get it away from the public side of this board... ;)
Nice job ref.

james_bond_rulez
12-18-2003, 10:56 AM
nmv me i am just drunk and very pissed off

*drinks beer*

muchspl2
12-18-2003, 11:16 AM
http://members.cox.net/xcuse/durnkinternet.jpg

Adster
12-18-2003, 11:22 AM
damm there were about 5 links in the Soulseek chat room to do with shit and they have all been trashed :huh:

I did;&#39;t get to see any of it :(

Im guessing its the you know what battle again

ThePlasticSurgeon
12-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Adster@18 December 2003 - 11:22
Im guessing its the you know what battle again
I will refrain from asking what you are referring to since I will eventually be able to formulate an idea myself.

My idea for deleted topic would probably not be viable as we would need some modifications to the board code. Howver I have time to kill so:
When a moderator deletes a topic they move it to a "bin (already taken care of)
This "bin" should be visible to registered users
Users (of the registered variety) should be able to vote whether a topic is re-instated or expunged
If there is a majority vote in favour of expunging a topic it will be deleted within 3 earth days
If there is a majority vote in favour of re-instating a topic it will be re-instated
If nobody votes (lazy bastards) then it is automatically deleted
A moderator has the right to delete said topic at any point before the 3 earth day time period

Doesn&#39;t that sound democratic :P?

Virtualbody1234
12-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Doesn&#39;t that sound democratic :P ?
Who said this board was a democracy?

ThePlasticSurgeon
12-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@18 December 2003 - 19:59
This board is very democratic. Like the Government of the United States of America (http://www.us.gov)*.

*The government i refer to is actually one of the most evil governments in the world (if not the most evil).

Virtualbody1234
12-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by ThePlasticSurgeon+18 December 2003 - 14:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ThePlasticSurgeon @ 18 December 2003 - 14:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@18 December 2003 - 19:59
This board is very democratic. Like the Government of the United States of America (http://www.us.gov)*.

*The government i refer to is actually one of the most evil governments in the world (if not the most evil). [/b][/quote]
No. That&#39;s what you&#39;re trying to make it.

I also must point out that this board is international.

Entity101
12-18-2003, 08:34 PM
When threads are deleted it was for a reason. Otherwise it would have just been locked.