PDA

View Full Version : Plenty Of Sorces, Just Unable To ....

KevT
12-18-2003, 08:15 PM
I'm getting plenty of sources for a file I'm downloading, but the problem is I can't connect to the sources. I leave my PC on all the time, so have managed to get 100,000 Kb copied so far, but I have yet to see it downloading at any time.

firefox
12-18-2003, 08:50 PM
just have to be patient, people log on and off all day, the sources may not be on line at the time.

3rd gen noob
12-18-2003, 08:59 PM
perhaps you can find the file through other protocols...what file is it you're trying to get?

KevT
12-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by firefox@18 December 2003 - 21:50
just have to be patient, people log on and off all day, the sources may not be on line at the time.

as for the file I'm trying to get:
Madden 2004
rzr-m24a.bin

On the traffic screen, under users it'll say 5 users, under status it'll say connecting. It never connects though.

shedman1
12-19-2003, 12:14 AM
I have the same, I can get all small files easy enough. getting a file trhat is a few Mbyte is no problem but when I try to download any big files (100's) of Mbytes it seems to always just say how many users and then try to connect but never connects (just sets users back to 0 or a new number and then reties to connect and then the same again). It used to work fine but for some reason it stopped working on large files now.
Any help please

KevT
12-19-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by shedman1@19 December 2003 - 01:14
I have the same, I can get all small files easy enough. getting a file trhat is a few Mbyte is no problem but when I try to download any big files (100's) of Mbytes it seems to always just say how many users and then try to connect but never connects (just sets users back to 0 or a new number and then reties to connect and then the same again). It used to work fine but for some reason it stopped working on large files now.
Any help please
You explained the problem much better than I did, thanks. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

camille
12-19-2003, 08:15 AM
For me that's normal specially if the file you're d/loading is rare.

shedman1
12-19-2003, 08:33 AM
These are common files that I am downloading, I tried a number of larger ones and have never previously encountered this problem. In another Thread someone suggested that it may be the owners of Kazaa trying to disable Kazaa lite, is this likely? what other ptp software is there without spysoftware?

KevT
12-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by camille@19 December 2003 - 09:15
For me that's normal specially if the file you're d/loading is rare.
It's not rare, several people have it. The problem is connecting to the people that has it. Read above shedman1 explains everything.

kata
12-20-2003, 01:02 AM
i have same problem. at the moment it show me that 5 users have this specific file, it's saying ' connecting' for few days already, but not downloading?!
please help!

shedman1
12-20-2003, 07:30 AM
As I needed the program I was trying to get I have now gone and downloaded Shareaza and although much slower then Kazaalite I am getting the files I needed now. I still prefer Kazaa lite much much more but until the problem is fixed I suppose I will have to use shareaza. (found at Shareaza.com) Just thought I let you guys know as an alternative until kazaalite is fixed as I am sure it is a Kazaalite problem or Kazaa people trying to sabotage kazaalite users.

Avenger
12-20-2003, 12:54 PM
I have the same problem and it pisses me off to... I dont know what the problem is but it damn well needs to be fixed.... Other than that ALL OF US KAZAA LITE users will move on to other ShareWare... P.S. I have NEVER and i repeat NEVER seen a file with 40+ Users that cant be downloaded... And it happens to me now.... I will tell everyone this, I Have this problem everytime i install KAZAA LITE, But it doesnt start for Months it seems like and then BAM cant Download anything Big...
But try and REFORMAT your COMP and reinstall all your software including KAZAA LITE and ill Guarantee It F@#king works.... Anyone else notice this B.S... Or is this a new Scenario? :angry:

P.S. Do the Makers of Kazaa Lite watch these Boards??? Because if not all this typing is sensless...... <_<

Bebi
12-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Avenger@20 December 2003 - 13:54
I have the same problem and it pisses me off to... I dont know what the problem is but it damn well needs to be fixed.... Other than that ALL OF US KAZAA LITE users will move on to other ShareWare... P.S. I have NEVER and i repeat NEVER seen a file with 40+ Users that cant be downloaded... And it happens to me now.... I will tell everyone this, I Have this problem everytime i install KAZAA LITE, But it doesnt start for Months it seems like and then BAM cant Download anything Big...
But try and REFORMAT your COMP and reinstall all your software including KAZAA LITE and ill Guarantee It F@#king works.... Anyone else notice this B.S... Or is this a new Scenario? :angry:

P.S. Do the Makers of Kazaa Lite watch these Boards??? Because if not all this typing is sensless...... <_<
dont you ever think maybe it&#39;s your internet connection <_<

KevT
12-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by shedman1@20 December 2003 - 08:30
As I needed the program I was trying to get I have now gone and downloaded Shareaza and although much slower then Kazaalite I am getting the files I needed now. I still prefer Kazaa lite much much more but until the problem is fixed I suppose I will have to use shareaza. (found at Shareaza.com) Just thought I let you guys know as an alternative until kazaalite is fixed as I am sure it is a Kazaalite problem or Kazaa people trying to sabotage kazaalite users.
Thanks for sharing the info. :)

shedman1
12-21-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Bebi+20 December 2003 - 20:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bebi @ 20 December 2003 - 20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Avenger@20 December 2003 - 13:54
I have the same problem and it pisses me off to... I dont know what the problem is but it damn well needs to be fixed.... Other than that ALL OF US KAZAA LITE users will move on to other ShareWare... P.S. I have NEVER and i repeat NEVER seen a file with 40+ Users that cant be downloaded... And it happens to me now.... I will tell everyone this, I Have this problem everytime i install KAZAA LITE, But it doesnt start for Months it seems like and then BAM cant Download anything Big...&nbsp;
But try and REFORMAT your COMP and reinstall all your software including KAZAA LITE and ill Guarantee It F@#king works.... Anyone else notice this B.S... Or is this a new Scenario?&nbsp; :angry:

P.S. Do the Makers of Kazaa Lite watch these Boards??? Because if not all this typing is sensless......&nbsp; <_<
dont you ever think maybe it&#39;s your internet connection <_< [/b][/quote]
NO it is NOT the internet connection

shedman1
12-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this yet?? please help

MUSLEMAN
12-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by KevT@18 December 2003 - 16:15
I&#39;m getting plenty of sources for a file I&#39;m downloading, but the problem is I can&#39;t connect to the sources. I leave my PC on all the time, so have managed to get 100,000 Kb copied so far, but I have yet to see it downloading at any time.
your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

shedman1
12-23-2003, 07:21 AM
I have tried all that already but to no avail. I have no problem connecting to users as long as the files I am trying to download are small but as soon as the files get large it tries to connect but then just goes back to the number of users and then tries again over and over. I have used K&#39;lite for a fair while and only have had this problem lately. I used version .1 before but have now updated to.3 and still the same problem. tried the local supernodes etc as in the sticky thread in this topic, all to no avail.
Just tried again when I came from this forum and it worked again.
THEN just to see why I cancelled all downloads and tried again, and what a mistake, now I am back to it not working. Restarted etc all to no avail.

MUSLEMAN
12-23-2003, 08:43 AM
the size makes no difference to klite if you have sources, there are no available sources for your files.

shedman1
12-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 December 2003 - 08:43
the size makes no difference to klite if you have sources, there are no available sources for your files.
But how come all 4 large file downloads (over 750MB each) all of a sudden worked and then when I cancelled the downloads after a few MB each, to see if it would still work, I coiuld get none to work anymore, then tried some others and they don&#39;t work either anymore??
What I am saying, how could it be that all 4 downloads simutaneously have no more sources after I cancelled and then restarted???

KevT
12-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 December 2003 - 09:43
There are sources, I&#39;ve even talked to some of the people that had the files that I needed. The sources are there, it just won&#39;t connect. Small files like mp3s I have no problem with what so ever, the big files is where I have my problem.

Again the sources are there, I&#39;ve talked to the sources by messaging.

wenze1
12-23-2003, 08:53 PM
doesn&#39;t alway&#39;s mean there slots are all open.With sharman&#39;s latest attemt to end the klite it;s gonna be harder to get connected.I suggest you try jumping supernodes pause the file then resume or look for it again and make sure you click the chech mark if it contains mutiple sources and try different sources.Patiebce is the #1 rule don&#39;t beleive everythibg you see remember that info is not current.And if you have auto search on turn it off.Once you click to download it try doing a few searches again then turn on auto search for 2 minutes and see what happens.What file are you trying to download anyway?

cwctv
12-23-2003, 09:14 PM
KevT
What are you after someone may have it/them even me then you could get a supernode to them/me and see how that goes for a test.

wenze1
12-23-2003, 09:20 PM
I seem to have the best luck getting on university nodes and saving them in my favorites and using only certain nodes since it usually don&#39;t jump unless your searching alot or have your accelerator set at a faster run time(i leave mine at 700 sec. and usually turn it off when i&#39;m at my computer which i then manually search every once in awhile the accelerators are nice but they can also give you download problems if they run too much.then your gonna be jumping nodes and klite dont have a chance to find or get you in a slot.

MUSLEMAN
12-24-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by KevT+23 December 2003 - 16:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KevT @ 23 December 2003 - 16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@23 December 2003 - 09:43
There are sources, I&#39;ve even talked to some of the people that had the files that I needed. The sources are there, it just won&#39;t connect. Small files like mp3s I have no problem with what so ever, the big files is where I have my problem.

Again the sources are there, I&#39;ve talked to the sources by messaging. [/b][/quote]
boss there are no sources there is no other reason why klite would not download, if there is an AVAILABLE SOURCE klite will connect to and download from.

now you guys ask and we answer, i&#39;m not gonna argue with you, if you know better then we do then fix it yourself, but if you are looking for an answer then you got one, you decide to accept it or not, good day boss

shedman1
12-24-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+24 December 2003 - 02:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 24 December 2003 - 02:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by KevT@23 December 2003 - 16:12
<!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@23 December 2003 - 09:43

Again the sources are there, I&#39;ve talked to the sources by messaging.
boss there are no sources there is no other reason why klite would not download, if there is an AVAILABLE SOURCE klite will connect to and download from.

now you guys ask and we answer, i&#39;m not gonna argue with you, if you know better then we do then fix it yourself, but if you are looking for an answer then you got one, you decide to accept it or not, good day boss [/b][/quote]
Oh well Musleman I agree when someone helps and has a chip the size that you have on your shoulder its time to pack up. I have done all the supernode checks etc. AND you may be the SUPER expert but what you tell me just does not work....
So be an expert and feel happy that you are right and we are all just idiots.
Have a Merry Christmas in the knowledge that you have peeved another Klite user off.

wenze1
12-24-2003, 06:42 AM
What exactly are you trying to download?Maybe if you could tell us that might help.The name of the file?

shedman1
12-25-2003, 09:21 AM
Have since used shareaza to dowenload &#39;The hobbit&#39; game (was slower then k&#39;lite used to be but got it no problem from there now) and then I tried &#39;Lord of the rings&#39; game on K&#39;lite but always the same, lots of users but just always connecting and then adding new sources then connecting but never actually downloading anything. I have used K&#39;lite for a long time but this is definetely new in the last couple of months. Only works fine on small files. Anyway I am sure it will be fixed soon as there are more and more poeople complaining about the same thing everywhere on K&#39;lite forum. I have tried all the new supernode locates and jumps etc..
Anyway as I said before not to worry, I am sure it will be fixed soon.
I&#39;ll sign off

wenze1
12-25-2003, 09:31 AM
See a little lookin around and you got it. :dog: :beerchug:

MUSLEMAN
12-25-2003, 10:02 AM
there is no fix to not having sources, what is it about DON&#39;T PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU SEE IN THE SEARCH WINDOW do you guys not understand??

if there are no connectable sources nothing i say will find it for you, for the last time
THERE ARE NO SOURCES FOR YOUR FILES

if you feel there is more than that then please answer all of these questions:

1.Are you firewalled? (firewall on your computer or at your router or ISP?)
2.Are you behind router/on a LAN/on a college connection? (port forwarding + KaNAT may help&#33;)
3.Are you on SBC, Shaw, Optimum Online ISPs? (these actively block most/all Kazaa traffic.)
4.Have you scanned for viruses using VERY up-to-date AV software?
5.Have you scanned for adware/trojans using Ad Aware and/or SpyBot Seek and Destroy?
6.Have you run a Disk Cleanup and Scandisk in the last week and Defrag in the last month or 2?
7.Have you disabled/closed/uninstalled unneeded programs that CAN access the internet while KL++ is running? (Checking start, run MSCONFIG, then startup tab can tell you just how MUCH you have loading on windows startup.)
8.What is your connection type and download/upload speed as rated by your ISP (and measured using online tests, if possible)?
9.What max download slots, max upload slots, and max upload bandwidth are you set to? (Not knowing this can end up using VERY bad settings for your connection.)
10.How many download sources does KL++ allow PER unfinished download?
11.Is optimal bandwidth while idle/extra uploads to users while idle enabled? (It SHOULD BE DISABLED&#33; It is a very broken feature&#33;)

last i just wanted to say that i&#39;m not saying anybody is an idot, i never understood why people come and ask a question we have looked at and seen a million times, and then when we answer we are told we are wrong, i mean if you are asking then we are giving the answer, the answer is in my first post, should after all of that you can&#39;t downlaod a file then there are no damn sources for it, and thats that, this is not my opinion, but facts, if you want i can prove it to you.

lastly no version of kazaa differentiates between "small" files and "large" files when it comes to searching for sources and downlaoding them, all of that is in your heads.

merry christmas to you and everybody else, you might want to try our request and verified section and see if you have better luck :lol: