PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna F**k With My Isp

Mavol
12-19-2003, 09:36 PM
I got myself a router (http://www.bona.com.tw:8888/pc/adsl-fr4ii.htm) and have asked in another topic about routers so i know a bit about them.

So, ok, here's the deal:
My have cable and my ISP only allows one computer to use that connection at a time. If i want more then i need to pay 30€/month/pc extra. This is a ripp-off if i can just use a router.

Now: what could go wrong?

I'm ready to f**k with my ISP...

muchspl2
12-19-2003, 09:42 PM
how do they know, a router divides up your one connection to 4/8/12/*
how can they tell one computer on the network vs single computer

and I'm sure your friend doesn't know something that your isp doesn't know

james_bond_rulez
12-20-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Mavol@19 December 2003 - 12:36
I got myself a router (http://www.bona.com.tw:8888/pc/adsl-fr4ii.htm) and have asked in another topic about routers so i know a bit about them.

So, ok, here's the deal:
My have cable and my ISP only allows one computer to use that connection at a time. If i want more then i need to pay 30€/month/pc extra. This is a ripp-off.
My ISP checks if your not messing with them and blocks internet if it knows that you are sharing a connection.

Now ive been told that with a router there's a way around it. That my ISP doesnt know, and more: ive been told it has something to do with a MAC-adres.

I'm ready to f**k with my ISP...
r u on dope my friend? :blink:

I.am
12-20-2003, 09:11 AM
That doesnt make sense what you are saying.

If your ISP or network admin is that stupid that it checks your computers with a MAC Address then you can set the MAC address of another pc to be the one thats registered. But even then MAC address is a unique address. At one time only one computer on the same network can have that. Its the receiving end of the IP packets being transfered.

How can your ISP now if you have one or two computers? :blink: What kind of internet connection do you have?

Neo 721
12-20-2003, 01:22 PM
If you r using a Modem/router then clearly are on dope but if the router is separate you will need to spoof the MAC address of the router to the modem so it isnt recognised as being shared.

Cotton
12-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Y would ur isp care if you share the bandwidth??

Its your bandwidth you can do what u want with it.

I think hes been cleaning the paint brushes inside again!!

Evil Gemini
12-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Cotton@20 December 2003 - 14:32

I think hes been cleaning the paint brushes inside again!!
I think the only thing you are NOT allowed to do is to try be an ISP and make money :unsure:

Hey, i wonder if thats even possible to allow someone to dial into your PC and go online like that :rolleyes:

Mavol
12-20-2003, 04:11 PM
i finnaly tried to install my router!

EDITED:i deleted pics. there was a prob like this: SNTCP: unreachable

what in the world is wrong! i dont understand what is wrong, i can share files over my 2 comps now but internet is not working (like i was told). I should really cut back on the dope! im losing it! what do i need to do to make it work, you can see the log to help me out!

Neo 721
12-21-2003, 01:13 PM
I know from personal experience that it frustrating when incidents like this happens, I could get on the internet but it timed out after a few minutes, so i got an engineer in he thought that could be the blaster worm + other varients, so after he wiped them off still no go, i reinstalled windows and still the same trouble. I borrowed a friends modem it worked fine, the dude came around again brought his own modem it worked fine. So it turned out that in about 1 in 30 chances the modem was faulty but i found that out at the cost of £120 + a new modem.

Mavol
12-21-2003, 02:01 PM
thx for your response Neo 721. yes its pretty frustrating! :alucard: (what a weird smiley) i hope my modem isnt faulty, that would also turn out very costly. damn, it suddenly seems very hopeless. how about i try to find the latest driver? maybe thats it?

dezlboy
01-12-2004, 11:25 PM
hey, :ghostface: try this if you got a cable modem or any some thing that connects up to a Ether Net then you need a router that suports it. dont bother with just going out and saying "ohh that should work" read what it says. any way if it does suport it then try connecting it up to one computer then run a lead to the other computer this would defantly work as long as you do not give it a IP adress.
i know this from my course i am doing at the momant.

if you get any problums with it then it you modem that has the folt. really sorry to tell you that.

:huh:
P.S. there is no way in hell that a ISP provider can see what you are doing with you bandwith. all they can do is monitor your bandwith unless you are useing there softare then they can see what you are doing with it.
i recomend just connecting up useing ether-net this is the best way if you have Windows 2000 or windows XP.
It will do all the work for you all you have yo do is run a Network set-up saying that the comuper that is getting the internet first is shearing the internet and that there are more computers on the network.
and on the secound computer say that it is getting the internet from another computer. this should work. if it does not then there is some thing completle ronge with you internet.

That way i just said woud make a internet server for you your router will have more space for more computers on it. this is what i would do :P

klapy
01-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Routers pretend to be a computer themselfs, most of them have their on mac address...

When you configure your router to connect to the isp, your router get's the ipadress that is assigned to you by your isp, your isp cant see behind your router (at least not routers with a hardware firewall otherwise I dont know).

Mavol
01-15-2004, 05:45 PM
well ill try it again and ill see how it goes. BTW: xp has some wizards about setting up a network. you think i can trust it (knowing windows ;) )?

vivitron 15
01-15-2004, 10:11 PM
if worst comes to worst, stick another network card in the connected pc, connect via crossover, then connect

but your router will have its own mac address and the isp will only see that one, if indeed they want to

andd noone would use you as an isp unless you have a shit hot connection

Mavol
02-13-2004, 07:47 PM
hmm, forgot to post.

got the latest firmware for the router and it works like a charm. bye, bye isp :box:

h1
02-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Evil Gemini@20 December 2003 - 08:48
I think the only thing you are NOT allowed to do is to try be an ISP and make money  :unsure:

Hey, i wonder if thats even possible to allow someone to dial into your PC and go online like that  :rolleyes:
Cheeseboxing is possible with PCs? :blink:

Evil Gemini
02-14-2004, 03:12 AM
what the fuck is Cheeseboxing ?

shn
02-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Evil Gemini+20 December 2003 - 07:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Gemini &#064; 20 December 2003 - 07:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Cotton@20 December 2003 - 14:32

I think hes been cleaning the paint brushes inside again&#33;&#33;
I think the only thing you are NOT allowed to do is to try be an ISP and make money :unsure:

Hey, i wonder if thats even possible to allow someone to dial into your PC and go online like that :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
I have a ras server and a vpn server running on my mj-12.........its very easy to do. :)

With a ras you want make sure you have a telephone line that you dont use so it can be dialed into.

h1
02-14-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Evil Gemini@13 February 2004 - 22:12
what the fuck is Cheeseboxing ?
An old trick phreakers used to pull which would effectively turn their phone into a payphone. :)