PDA

View Full Version : What If The K-lite Bd Goes Down?

Bobohiotk
12-20-2003, 05:08 AM
As all of you surely recall, there was a time during the summer when the board went down. The reasons were technical. So, someone else picked up the ball and we were off again.

But, what if the board is forced to close as in the K-lite homepage was forced to do and then to delete all K-lite material? How would we find our new home? How would we find old members? I guess I'm asking if there is a contingency plan in case something does go wrong. I really like this board. Some of the members are so damn smart about this stuff that I'd be lost otherwise. Anyone prepared for such a scenario?

kAb
12-20-2003, 05:22 AM
sometimes there is a temporary forum set up if it is going to be a long time.

otherwise, there is no board.

but you could always go to klchat ;)

Samurai
12-20-2003, 05:23 AM
Ok it's a bit technical but here it is.

We go to DEFCON 2 and go to an offworld base through what is known as a Stargate. From there we set up another K-Lite Discussion Board and live happily ever after. The End.

titey
12-20-2003, 06:05 AM
:rolleyes: Tanx for the info, General Hammond.

MagicNakor
12-20-2003, 06:14 AM
This board doesn't do anything but discuss KL, which doesn't violating Sharman's precious copyright.

:ninja:

Bobohiotk
12-20-2003, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. Hey Samurai, what's that all about? Bad day?

Mr. Blunt
12-20-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Bobohiotk@19 December 2003 - 22:19
Hey Samurai, what's that all about? Bad day?
More like dumb thread. ;)

Naw, just messing with you. It's good for other people to worry that much.

muchspl2
12-20-2003, 06:51 AM
I saw it happen with ftm, they got shut down twice now, and they're over seas (servers)
so yes its possible, if this place goes down, you can find me @ fasttrackmovies.org

Samurai
12-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Bobohiotk@20 December 2003 - 06:19
Thanks for the reply. Hey Samurai, what's that all about? Bad day?
Hehe I was just messing around... Love watching Stargate SG-1 so thought I'd add a little twist to the question :blink:

jetje
12-20-2003, 11:26 AM
the board heas never been more stable as now. ofcourse accidents can always happen.
We mods and admins have a setup of rules, they're here for a reason.
These rules make that all the content of this board is legal, so if technique won't let us down there is no reason that this board would go down!

personally i'm very pleased with the way it's running now, thnx to the hardwork of the old and new admins, VB, Paul, Darker, 7th & error.

Bobohiotk
12-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks Jetje and the rest of the mods and admins. for your work.

internet.news
12-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Bobohiotk@20 December 2003 - 06:08
As all of you surely recall, there was a time during the summer when the board went down. The reasons were technical. So, someone else picked up the ball and we were off again.

But, what if the board is forced to close as in the K-lite homepage was forced to do and then to delete all K-lite material? How would we find our new home? How would we find old members? I guess I'm asking if there is a contingency plan in case something does go wrong. I really like this board. Some of the members are so damn smart about this stuff that I'd be lost otherwise. Anyone prepared for such a scenario?
For all Board Admins and the guys who have direct access to the board server:

Please update the klboard regularly and save it on cd as a backup. And do not give the backup to RIAA or so in the case of a possible closing.

7thElement
12-20-2003, 08:14 PM
internet.news stop smoking please :frusty:

{I}{K}{E}
12-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@20 December 2003 - 20:14
Just wanna say that :wacko:

internet.news
12-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@20 December 2003 - 21:14
I never smoked yet. I am only addictive to coffee ;)