PDA

View Full Version : Chat Server Won't Let Me In.

Haz
12-20-2003, 06:52 AM
There's this chatroom I used to go to all time on a website, as I got to know some of the people there someone gave me the password to it so I could get in through IRC. Then about 6 months ago, the site completely locked all the IRC users out, it would just connect for a sec then disconnect. So I left.

Weird thing is, I checked the site out a while ago and theres a load of people in there on IRC, but I still can't get in, and nobody's spilling the beans as to how to they got in. So does anybody know what kind of system or whatever is keeping me and others out but letting them in? It still uses the same password so thats not it, been trying to crack it for weeks with no luck.

Whats the big frigging secret?!

racer II
12-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Try using a proxy server to get in.

Haz
12-21-2003, 12:25 AM
A proxy server? don't have much experience with those, know a place to go for some tips or whatever on how to use one?

racer II
12-21-2003, 03:08 PM
http://www.google.com

Jibbler
12-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Haz@20 December 2003 - 02:52
There's this chatroom I used to go to all time on a website, as I got to know some of the people there someone gave me the password to it so I could get in through IRC. Then about 6 months ago, the site completely locked all the IRC users out, it would just connect for a sec then disconnect. So I left.

Whats the big frigging secret?!
Sounds like your hostname/IP Address has been banned from the channel. Try PM'ing one of the Ops there, and ask if they'll let you back in. :huh:

Haz
12-22-2003, 05:23 AM
Well you see it wasn't that anyone was banned, the webmasters just found a way to keep people on mirc out, lots of wars in there, but some of the guys found out how to get back in and aren't telling how they did it, so I have no idea what they did, alls I heard was that you have to change some code in your script? what the hell? no clue, but I'll check out the proxy thing.