PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - Have A Pinned Topic For The List

Sparkle1984
12-20-2003, 04:27 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have a pinned topic of all the places where K-Lite is still hosted, if the board is allowed to do this.
Every day someone asks the same question, "Where can I get K-Lite?", and I think it would be easier to just have a pinned topic, rather than having to answer the same question over and over again.

sharedholder
12-20-2003, 04:30 PM
http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86297

Mr. Blunt
12-20-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@20 December 2003 - 08:27
I think it would be a good idea to have a pinned topic of all the places where K-Lite is still hosted, if the board is allowed to do this.
Every day someone asks the same question, "Where can I get K-Lite?", and I think it would be easier to just have a pinned topic, rather than having to answer the same question over and over again.
It would be eaiser...

...but when does having a pinned topic take away all the questions? We have pinned topics on lots of stuff and we still get questions related to it.

internet.news
12-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Blunt+20 December 2003 - 19:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Blunt @ 20 December 2003 - 19:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@20 December 2003 - 08:27
It would be eaiser...

...but when does having a pinned topic take away all the questions? We have pinned topics on lots of stuff and we still get questions related to it. [/b][/quote]
I see that http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src you can search and get quite a lot
results for kpp. What I should do that my hosting site is being shown up there?

Sparkle1984
12-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by internet.news+20 December 2003 - 19:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 20 December 2003 - 19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@20 December 2003 - 19:47
<!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@20 December 2003 - 08:27
It would be eaiser...

...but when does having a pinned topic take away all the questions? We have pinned topics on lots of stuff and we still get questions related to it.
I see that http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src you can search and get quite a lot
results for kpp. What I should do that my hosting site is being shown up there? [/b][/quote]
I&#39;ve had a look at the Filemirrors site, and it seems that in order to get your link added to the Filemirrors site, you have to install a program called GetRight and enable URL sharing. But it seems like you have to pay for GetRight, unless you find a crack for it, which I don&#39;t use so I wouldn&#39;t know.

Quote from http://www.filemirrors.com/about.html

To enable using FileMirrors.com with GetRight:
Make sure you have GetRight version 4.5 or higher.
On the Mirror Search configuration item, the bottom block describes this and has a checkbox to enable this method of searching, plus options to enable the sharing of the URLs.
When enabled, GetRight will then (when you choose to search) use FileMirrors.com to search for more mirrors&#33;
The more people who enable the URL sharing when using this, the better the database will be for everyone. The Peer-to-Peer file sharing programs are a good comparison: if nobody shared, they would be useless. But unlike the file sharing programs, you are not sharing the files themselves, and are not sharing your computer&#39;s resources, just the URL where you found a file--a small extra bit of text added to the search request. There enough people sharing that the database is very good&#33;

fugley
12-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by internet.news+20 December 2003 - 20:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 20 December 2003 - 20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
It would be eaiser...

results for kpp. What I should do that my hosting site is being shown up there? [/b][/quote]
I think I love you&#33; :blink:

fugley
12-23-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by internet.news+20 December 2003 - 20:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news &#064; 20 December 2003 - 20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
It would be eaiser...

Is you really a girl cos me is feeling slightly romantic.......it must be the moon or something (though possibly gas) :blink:

Sparkle1984
12-23-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by fugley+23 December 2003 - 21:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fugley @ 23 December 2003 - 21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by internet.news@20 December 2003 - 20:24

It would be eaiser...

Is you really a girl cos me is feeling slightly romantic.......it must the moon or something (though possibly gas) :blink: [/b][/quote]
:unsure: you what ??&#33;&#33;

sharedholder
12-24-2003, 03:23 PM
WTF ? :blink: :blink: :helpsmile:

Acecool
12-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984+24 December 2003 - 00:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 @ 24 December 2003 - 00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by fugley@23 December 2003 - 21:33

It would be eaiser...

Is you really a girl cos me is feeling slightly romantic.......it must the moon or something (though possibly gas) :blink:
:unsure: you what ??&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
He wants to know if you are a girl because he is feeling weird (or horny) but it might be because he is bloated...

Children these days...

ultimatejester
12-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder@20 December 2003 - 16:30
http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86297
I have requested the moderating team to pin this one.

nanotek
12-27-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by fugley+23 December 2003 - 22:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fugley @ 23 December 2003 - 22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

It would be eaiser...

Is you really a girl cos me is feeling slightly romantic.......it must be the moon or something (though possibly gas) :blink: [/b][/quote]
so which one of u is the women ? :o cause i think internet news also goes by the name of david :lol:

Sparkle1984
12-27-2003, 02:43 PM
so which one of u is the women ?&nbsp; cause i think internet news also goes by the name of david

I am the woman&#33;&#33; Internet.news is a man (David) &#33;&#33; :lol:

nanotek
12-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@27 December 2003 - 14:43

so which one of u is the women ? cause i think internet news also goes by the name of david

I am the woman&#33;&#33; Internet.news is a man (David) &#33;&#33; :lol:
hehe i actually meant internet news and fugley :P but nice to meet a woman on this forum :)

tralalala
12-27-2003, 05:54 PM
having shared holders topic pinned would creat a much easier answer to those question "where can i download k-lite from??", and it will be... go HERE (HERE=the link to his topic)...

so... the mod team - pin his topic, FAST

tralalala

Download
12-27-2003, 11:33 PM
There already are a lot of pinned topics in various sections about that.

Sparkle1984
12-27-2003, 11:37 PM

Yes, I&#39;ve noticed they pinned it just a few days ago, after I made this topic. :)

Download
12-28-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@27 December 2003 - 23:37

Yes, I&#39;ve noticed they pinned it just a few days ago, after I made this topic. :)
I saw that :P