PDA

View Full Version : A Win For Us

sikrap
12-21-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm sure most have seen this already, but for those who haven't; the courts ruled that the RIAA/MPAA can NOT force ISP's to provide info on those customers that are sharing files. According to the article, this will make it extremely difficult for either the RIAA or the MPAA to gather evidence to pursue lawsuits. :boxing:

I.am
12-21-2003, 11:36 PM
If its the truth, then :guinesssmile: :clap:

Illuminati
12-21-2003, 11:44 PM
Posted Already (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=88814&hl=)

twisterX
12-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by sikrap@21 December 2003 - 23:35
I'm sure most have seen this already, but for those who haven't; the courts ruled that the RIAA/MPAA can NOT force ISP's to provide info on those customers that are sharing files. According to the article, this will make it extremely difficult for either the RIAA or the MPAA to gather evidence to pursue lawsuits. :boxing:
they cant force them but what if an isp chooses to give out the names. I think it will be highly unlikely becuase they would eb losing costumers but some might choose to give out info.

Maxx
12-28-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by twister203@22 December 2003 - 00:53
they cant force them but what if an isp chooses to give out the names. I think it will be highly unlikely becuase they would eb losing costumers but some might choose to give out info.
Yeah, but with the growing size of ISP's, as the competition gets bought up, soon it may be that many people don't have a choice of ISP. Then they would have nothing to lose, because customers couldn't switch. Hats off to Verizon, though, I've been really impressed by their willingness to fight the RIAA on this one.

Spock4
12-28-2003, 05:23 AM
lol stupid riaa can just bust into peoples business and start suing what morons... <_<