PDA

View Full Version : Emule Is Crap

Aaron_T
12-22-2003, 07:25 PM
kazaa lite has an average of 3,000,000 people online all the time how can anyone compare that to the 100,000 users on the emule server

k-lite is the best no contest will be removing emule immediately

BILLY-THE-FISH
12-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Yeah BUT!

I tried to download 3 games off Kazaa and guess what they were all corrupt and a waste of my time!

I since downloaded 20 games off E-mule and guess what not ONE corrupt game!

VOILA!!!

I suppose it depends what you want to download!!! ;)

ck-uk
12-22-2003, 07:37 PM
Yeah but :) mate you have err recovery with emule which is important with images(bins etc),better for harder to find files & every body has to give a good upload bandwith it they want to download.

But for a quick fix on older media ,k-lite is better. :)

kAb
12-22-2003, 07:39 PM
True that there are 3 million people on kazaa,
but how many actually share? (200 or so?)
how many got sued? (200 or so?)

but in all seriousness, kazaalite is better for music, but when it comes to games and software, it sucks!

emule is much better for downloading programs and games. After 1/2 day i'm %13 done downloading halo. not very much you might say, but it took me 2 weeks to get 1% off kazaalite.

say what you will, but emule is definetly better for programs and games.

I haven't tested movies yet though.

so next time, compare other things, not just how many users it has.

thisiswhoweare
12-22-2003, 09:35 PM
the number of users on emule and kazaa is irrelevant if both are quite big figures.
Its not like your gonna be downloading from all 3 million people are you?
Besides if i remember right, when your connected, its not to all the other nodes too, just the sources on that, so the number should be smaller right?

SeK612
12-22-2003, 09:41 PM
kazaalite is better for music

<_< There are loads of messed up .mp3&#39;s on the FT network all with the risk of being subpoenaed if you touch them. Use SoulSeek (http://www.slsknet.org) for music.

The only problem I&#39;ve found with emule is its a bit slow to get going. Once its up and running you have access to a huge amount of files (including new releases) at good speeds.

guit_steel
12-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Azzz@22 December 2003 - 14:25
Bye&#33;

Seriously, why bother arguing with all the eMule haters? I know that it works great for me and I don&#39;t care whether or not they like it. It&#39;s their loss, not mine. :P

BILLY-THE-FISH
12-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by guit_steel+22 December 2003 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guit_steel @ 22 December 2003 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz@22 December 2003 - 14:25
Bye&#33;

Seriously, why bother arguing with all the eMule haters? I know that it works great for me and I don&#39;t care whether or not they like it. It&#39;s their loss, not mine. :P [/b][/quote]
TRUE TRUE&#33;

Fancy a Budweiser&#33;&#33;
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Explosive
12-22-2003, 10:24 PM
eMule is the best p2p prog.

DVD PIRATE III
12-22-2003, 10:30 PM
emule works on a reward/credit system, if youve got a "Low ID" you can only connect to other "Low ID&#39;s"..If youve got a "High ID" you can connect to both "Low" & "High ID
Sounds like everyone complaining has installed emule and expected blistering speeds right from the start.
Learn how to use a program before knocking it :lol:

thisiswhoweare
12-22-2003, 10:44 PM
emule works on a reward/credit system, if youve got a "Low ID" you can only connect to other "Low ID&#39;s"..If youve got a "High ID" you can connect to both "Low" & "High ID
Sounds like everyone complaining has installed emule and expected blistering speeds right from the start.
Learn how to use a program before knocking it :lol:

==========================

er lowID users can only connect to highID users not other lowID users. And it isnt really related at all to the reward system.
(looks at the last line :lol: lol :P but your not knocking it so i&#39;ll let you off)

Aaron_T
12-22-2003, 11:54 PM
it might have something to do with the fact that i hate MULES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

seriously though hate emule although im keeping it ;)

thisiswhoweare
12-23-2003, 12:26 AM
i used to get speeds of 1KB but i stuck with it and getting speeds of 65KB. Mainly because i had lowIDs and my settings were poor.

@DVD PIRATE III

DUDE&#33; your other post in here about lowIDs was totally wrong. Emule does not give you either a lowID or highID on how much you have uploaded at all.
It has got nothing to do with the credit/reward system at all despite the names.

guit_steel
12-23-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@22 December 2003 - 17:15
TRUE TRUE&#33;

Fancy a Budweiser&#33;&#33;
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanx. Don&#39;t mind if I do.

Here :beerchug: :beerchug: the next round is on me.

Arathorn
12-23-2003, 11:48 AM
I much prefer Heineken.

Anyway most people who think eMule is slow are stupid leechers you don&#39;t want on your network anyway.

guit_steel
12-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Arathorn@23 December 2003 - 06:48
I much prefer Heineken.

Anyway most people who think eMule is slow are stupid leechers you don&#39;t want on your network anyway.
Actually a Rolling Rock fan myself.

Couldn&#39;t agree more about the loudest whiners being leeches&#33; B)

Illuminati
12-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Carlsberg for me :lol:

But back on-topic - eMule&#39;s strength has always been the quality of downloads from it and not its speed. Practically all P2P networks have been a case of "integrity, speed, files available - Pick two out of three".

The case of eMule is pretty much that you can either spend 1-2 days to download a game free or £40 to buy it instantly from the nearest shop.

MUSLEMAN
12-27-2003, 06:12 PM
you want corruption protection, you want lots of search results, you want faster downloads??? get overnet and use a crack loader after you get it, it takes 2 seconds and don&#39;t install any of the 3rd party stuff during install, just check out my post here with the speed

go here and see for your self (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=89211)

mulch
12-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Well I&#39;ll just throw my 2 cents in here. I&#39;ve been using K lite for a while now. A friend got me turned on to Emule. I like em both. Klite for movies and Emule for games and progz. I have em both running at the same time.

I tried out E Donkey a while back and didn&#39;t like it. Had to download a server list then pick a server then wait and wait for it to connect. Then wait and wait for the download to start.

Klite just start the client and off you go. It&#39;s for lazy people who just want to DL at lightspeed but do nothing for it.

I think it&#39;s been said that Emule is better for non-corrupt progz and games and I have found that it&#39;s true. Not a prob yet. I&#39;m sure it&#39;ll happen but not as often as Klite. Worms and viri I got tired of. Also CRC errors unpacking files.