PDA

View Full Version : Up Loads

azoth
12-22-2003, 11:08 PM
In this time of uncertainty and blatant fascism it’s important to keep KL+++ going me thinks. So I'm a SN (if that helps --can’t harm). But, I really get confused with all the settings.

So, what's the best Upload speed to set so that I can share to the MOST in the BEST way without effecting my DLs? I've been running “Unlimited” for a couple of days but I see ULs of 25kb+ whilst my DLs have gone to nothing? It there a happy medium?

Cyril
12-22-2003, 11:37 PM
As far as I'm aware upload traffic should not interfere with downloads, but it is
recommended that upload is set to 80% of your maximum.

MUSLEMAN
12-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by azoth@22 December 2003 - 19:08
In this time of uncertainty and blatant fascism it?s important to keep KL+++ going me thinks. So I'm a SN (if that helps --can?t harm). But, I really get confused with all the settings.

So, what's the best Upload speed to set so that I can share to the MOST in the BEST way without effecting my DLs? I've been running ?Unlimited? for a couple of days but I see ULs of 25kb+ whilst my DLs have gone to nothing? It there a happy medium?
don't use unlimited that can chocke your connection, experiment and start low and then keep raising it untill you find a spot where you are uploading good speed and not effecting your downlaods or other programs

azoth
12-23-2003, 07:11 PM
That all seems to make sense.

Thanks all