PDA

View Full Version : 2099 Titles

Bebi
12-23-2003, 02:52 AM
Can someone please tell me about the marvel 2099 titles, what is the plot and summary for x-nation, spider-man 2099 etc?

Busyman
12-23-2003, 04:50 AM
I'll get back to you on the basic plots.

2099 Unlimited
Hulk 2099
Ravage 2099
Spiderman 2099
X-men 2099

bob_the_alien
12-23-2003, 05:32 AM
I read a few issues of X-men 2099, and the X-men in it where kinda bad guys, and some corporation was after them, it's been a long time, since i read it, but it was something close to that.

That's the only one i ever read of those titles, but a few of my friends told me Ravage 2099 and Spider-Man 2099 were very good titles.

cyclaud
01-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Your in luck, i got this off of another forum...

Doom 2099 -- Actually is THE Doom. Over the course of the series, he gets his hands on niftier and niftier tech, including a flying city. He also appears vastly more intelligent than the current Doom incarnation, though that's mostly because he's written as the protagonist who's meant to succeed rather than the antagonist who's meant to fail he is in regular MU titles.

Spidey 2099 -- Is basically the same in character and powers. Main differences include small hooks that extend out of his fingertips at a 90° angle (what he uses to cling to walls), and I think to recall that he produces his own webs rather than relying on tech.

Punisher 2099 -- He's just got a lot of nice toys which Frank Castle hasn't got access to. Including a sort of electric chair that completely dissolves people's molecular structure. And near the end of his book, he also gets access to a spaceship that's basically a giant gun with thrusters and can conceivably take out ('punish') planets.

Hulk 2099 -- Seems to be about as strong as regular Hulk, but way smarter. Hulk 2099 is all about freedom in savagery vs. slavery in civilization, though, not him getting mad and trashing the place.

Ghost Rider 2099 -- No comparison at all. This Ghost Rider originally was a human psyche that became disconnected from its physical body and trapped in Cyberspace. It came upon a group of reclusive Artificial Intelligences that offered to give the human psyche a robotic host body if he agreed to serve as their agent in the 'real world'. This Ghost Rider's best compared to a high-end Robocop, though he's also a solid hacker.

Ravage: No 20th century analogue, started out as a normal human, but became some kind of Werebull-creature later.

X-men 2099: None of the original members were analogues of the normal X-men (though Krystalin had similar powers to Iceman in some ways and Meanstreak had similar powers as Quicksilver), but they met a group named the chosen, led by Zhao (the founder of the 4th group of X-men in the mid-to-late 21st century) and they had One-Eyed Jack (Cyclops but with only one eye firing blasts), Psych-K (redhaired telekinetic), Mongrell (three-armed, rastafarian beast), Frostbite (woman with ice-powers) and Razorwing (man with razorsharp wings). Mongrell and Frostbite died, but the other three were genetically altered into monstrous forms later in the series.
The X-men started out similar to the 20th century X-men: trying to survive and fight for acceptance, but as the series progressed they turned into a mutant police force in a city (Halo City) where mutants and humans could live in peace.
Regular MU characters appearing: One person mentions Essex (Mr. Sinister) still living.

X-nation: A group of orphans in Halo City being taught by one of the X-men 2099, but the series didn't last that long since the whole 2099-line was compressed into a single title shortly after that.
Regular MU characters appearing: Exodus appeared, but his appearance ties only into his X-man/Cable appearance, not his other appearances.

Fantastic Four 2099: The real FF timetravelling as far as I know.

bob_the_alien
01-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by cyclaud@3 January 2004 - 22:47
Hulk 2099 -- Seems to be about as strong as regular Hulk, but way smarter. Hulk 2099 is all about freedom in savagery vs. slavery in civilization, though, not him getting mad and trashing the place.

I wonder if he could be the current Hulk, I know I have Hulk: End, and they tell about the Hulk basically being immortal, and lives after the world has been destroyed. Haven't read the Hulf 2099, so don't know, if anyone knows, let me know. I may actually have to go back and pick up some of these titles and see what the storylines were for myself. ;)

Busyman
01-14-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by bob_the_alien+12 January 2004 - 23:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob_the_alien @ 12 January 2004 - 23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cyclaud@3 January 2004 - 22:47

I wonder if he could be the current Hulk, I know I have Hulk: End, and they tell about the Hulk basically being immortal, and lives after the world has been destroyed. Haven&#39;t read the Hulf 2099, so don&#39;t know, if anyone knows, let me know. I may actually have to go back and pick up some of these titles and see what the storylines were for myself. ;) [/b][/quote]
I have to rummage through some boxes and find my 2099 titles.