PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Files In Traffic

Digby
12-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks to all for previous help..................
I was having on going freezing and crashing problems and trying all the advice from this site.
Nothing worked.
I finaly got rid of all files and programs and started all over agian.
Reloaded 2.4.3 and all seems to be alright.......
2 questions................

1. Before in my old 2.4.3, I would Search for a file and then dl into Traffic. It would stay in Traffic until I moved it over to My kazaa lite.
Now it automaticly goes from Traffic to k-lite once it has dl'd?
How do i stop this from happening?

2. All my prevoius problems seemed to point to corrupt file downloads.
Any advice on how to avoid , detect or deal with corrupt files so they don't disable my k-lite?
WILL SOME PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY OPEN TOPIC BLUE BOX HAS A LITTLE WHITE SQUARE WITHIN IT?.....I KEEP ASKING AND NO ANSWER EVER APPEARS?
Thanks in advance

wenze1
12-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Run a antivurus and firewall first of all.
After your finished downloading a file it get's moved to your shared folder.

GMC0529
12-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Digby@23 December 2003 - 16:55
1. Before in my old 2.4.3, I would Search for a file and then dl into Traffic. It would stay in Traffic until I moved it over to My kazaa lite.
Now it automaticly goes from Traffic to k-lite once it has dl'd?
How do i stop this from happening?
Hoping I understand your question... if the answer below is not what you're looking for, please elaborate.

If you want your downloads to remain in your Traffic view after it is complete, go to Options>KL Extension Options>Accelerator - uncheck the "Clear download and erroneous after every cycle....

:)

Autumn Fox
12-24-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Digby+23 December 2003 - 22:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Digby &#064; 23 December 2003 - 22:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> (...)Now it automaticly goes from Traffic to k-lite once it has dl&#39;d?
How do i stop this from happening? [/b]
You don&#39;t. All files placed in "My Shared Folder" are automaticaly shared.

Originally posted by Digby@23 December 2003 - 22:55
(...)Any advice on how to avoid , detect or deal with corrupt files so they don&#39;t disable my k-lite?

Corruption Finding & Fixing (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=70468)

Kazaa Corruption Fixer (http://drspud.no-ip.com/)

No restarting or shutting down PC with Power or Reset button without closing K-Lite first

Try downloading only from many users and/or a verefied file (get a hash for it)

Close programs which use hard drive alot

Get an UPS to remove any energetic net interfirence

If i come up with anymore i&#39;ll let you know.

<!--QuoteBegin-wenze1@24 December 2003 - 00:35
(...)After your finished downloading a file it get&#39;s moved to your shared folder. [/quote]

A download, a .dat file is in the "My Shared Folder" from the begining to the end of a download. After a download has finished, K-Lite changes the .dat extension to an corresponding extension from what you&#39;ve seen in the "Traffic" in K-Lite. (i.e. a movie file gets an. avi or an .mpg extension)