PDA

View Full Version : How To Block Uploads (temporarily) On K Lite K++?

karanyc
12-24-2003, 04:49 AM
I would like to keep people from uploading from my machine for a few days. How do I do this on K++?

wenze1
12-24-2003, 05:18 AM
Click on options then the traffic tab and click disable filesharing.

Sparkle1984
12-24-2003, 03:16 PM
What's the problem?

MUSLEMAN
12-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by karanyc@24 December 2003 - 00:49
I would like to keep people from uploading from my machine for a few days. How do I do this on K++?
if you don&#39;t want to share then turn it off for a few days <_<

how is it fare for you to upload from me and i can&#39;t upload from you???

turn it off then when you are ready open it again :frusty:

DVD PIRATE III
12-25-2003, 11:37 AM
leech&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
we have a leech amongst us

Sparkle1984
12-25-2003, 03:44 PM
if you don&#39;t wanna share, then get off here&#33;&#33; You are mucking up our network&#33;&#33;

Quote: Forum rules:

4. As this is a file sharing community, any discussions promoting leeching are prohibited. This includes discussions encouraging or promoting the use of products where the sole purpose or benefit is the ability to leech.

dale!!!
12-25-2003, 11:59 PM
flippin heck calm down he only asked a simple question.

before u get on at me, i also am dead against leeching etc, but i have this thing where if i am uploading, and then somebody else starts uploading with 0shared files, i would cancel the 0 to give my bandwidth to the sharer.

how do i permanetly stop uploading that file to that person coz after i cancel, it just resumes after about 10seconds. sometimes after about 10times he takes a hint and gives up.

thanks

Cyril
12-26-2003, 04:04 AM
How can you possibly know that someone is not sharing? Most people hide their shared files (see KL Options) so you are probably cutting off some nice person, who is wondering what the hell is going on

DVD PIRATE III
12-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by dale&#33;&#33;&#33;@26 December 2003 - 12:59
flippin heck calm down he only asked a simple question.

youll find that leechers or any talk of it wont be tolerated on this sharing community...
so telling us to calm down is a little off target

dale!!!
12-26-2003, 01:36 PM
hmmm i suppose i could be.

about this hiding your shared files, i have all the options checked on the k++ main options tab (default settings), is this correct?

i used to share literally about 50GB of files, but since all this riaa and mpaa stuff, till i find out properly, i stopped sharing music and films, apart from the ones i just downloaded which i think its best to then share for a week or two (i still share other stuff like games and programs etc).

so before you all start screaming "n00b", which i suppose i am as regards this topic, how would i safely share all my files again and which are the correct options to select to keep safe?

thanks

(ps dunno if u shudv made a new thread sumwhere else but its still under problems & questions)

MUSLEMAN
12-26-2003, 01:43 PM
privacy patch: options>klite options>K++ options>here check the box that says "users can&#39;t get a list of all shared files"

now when you check the box no one will see your files but you are still sharing them

update your ipblocker

if you are realy worried about riaa use a socks5 proxy

you can find good ones here (http://proxys4u.proboards24.com)

dale!!!
12-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@26 December 2003 - 13:43
if you are realy worried about riaa use a socks5 proxy

you can find good ones here (http://proxys4u.proboards24.com)
thanks

how do u work this, just enter the ip under my country in the options in kazaa?

also last question, what shud i select regarding the constant PL and show real PL?

MUSLEMAN
12-26-2003, 02:55 PM
doesnnot realy matter the real pl is internal and only you see it,

just pick a socks5 proxy from there or any other place, make sure its not a usa or some country that us government can get to then go to options>klite options>firewall> here you see a spot for ip(host) and port for a socks5, enter the ip address(host) in the ip(host) window and the port below it, check the box that says use socks5 and then hit apply then hit ok, you are done

as a note i want to tell you that some proxies take time to connect, it could be like 5 or ten minutes, and also you might have to try a few before you get one, but once you connect what is seen by the riaa is the proxy ip and not yours :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good luck