PDA

View Full Version : Posting A Fake (riaa) Mp3 On Website

Ariel_001
12-24-2003, 05:37 AM
Does any here know if posting a RIAA released mp3 "screeching music files" on a website will get me in trouble. I was guessing not because the RIAA is creating/releasing these mp3 freely without any metion of any copyright at all and it not the whole song anyways.

Anyways am doing this for a school project on p2p. I post the url if soon as i get an account.

Check out my post on this
http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST&f=2...=45#entry757035 (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST&f=28&t=84327&st=45#entry757035)

Rip The Jacker
12-24-2003, 06:17 AM
It depends on the host. Most website hosts check the files, and some web hosts don't give a shit. I don't think you will get in trouble. Even if it isn't allowed, the worst thing that can happen is your site will get shut down. What host are you using?

Sparkle1984
12-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@24 December 2003 - 05:17
It depends on the host. Most website hosts check the files, and some web hosts don't give a shit. I don't think you will get in trouble. Even if it isn't allowed, the worst thing that can happen is your site will get shut down. What host are you using?
So they employ humans to check all the files, or is it an automated process?!! Wouldn't that take them a long time, especially if they had a lot of customers?

Rip The Jacker
12-25-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@24 December 2003 - 07:06
So they employ humans to check all the files, or is it an automated process?!! Wouldn't that take them a long time, especially if they had a lot of customers?
It would take a long time... I have no idea if humans check the files or not...

wenze1
12-25-2003, 04:37 AM
Something like that more thanlikely is automated but has some type of alert to alerts humans to check it out. Call and ask them . :phone: