PDA

View Full Version : Ban

Jordan (aka Katie Price)
12-24-2003, 10:27 AM
This picture has to be banned, it's being used way too much...

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/bunnypancake.jpg

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 10:34 AM
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/monkeyrobotdon'tgetthis.jpg

Tormentor
12-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jordan (aka Katie Price)@24 December 2003 - 03:27
This picture has to be banned, it's being used way too much...

And why does that matter? So whats next? A ban on lol?

Cheese
12-24-2003, 10:48 AM
A ban on lol?

Interesting idea...

Tormentor
12-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@24 December 2003 - 03:48

A ban on lol?

Interesting idea...
:lol: :lol: Ya that one I wouldnt mind. Kinda gets annoying.

dwightfry
12-24-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@24 December 2003 - 04:34
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/pics/monkeyrobotdon'tgetthis.jpg
Do you know what that pic really is of? It was an experiment, they had one fake mother with no fur, just metal bars, that gave the milk, and another fake mother that was just furry and cuddly. When the monkeys grew up and had there own kids they didn't know how to take care of there babies so instead they would pick up there babies by the head and grate it back and forth on the metal bars until the babies faces were basically ripped off. I saw the video of it in psychology. It was disgusting (cruel and gory).

That video still pisses me off to this day, so needless to say, the picture has the same reactions. You don't have to get rid of it, but I just wanted you to know what was really going on there in hopes that you don't use it again.

Cheese
12-24-2003, 12:17 PM
That video still pisses me off to this day, so needless to say, the picture has the same reactions. You don't have to get rid of it, but I just wanted you to know what was really going on there in hopes that you don't use it again.

I agree we should not be using that pic so maybe Jordan (!?!) could change her mind and get the monkey pic banned? :)

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 12:33 PM
thats a different monkey movie

dwightfry
12-24-2003, 02:11 PM
It may be a different video, but the same experiment. Look at the 'monkey' in the backround. It's body is just a wire cage. It is definitly the same situation.

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 02:26 PM
yea its totally different
this picture was of a happy place

Chame1eon
12-24-2003, 08:07 PM
I thougtht that was the one that showed that monkeys preferred the furry mother over the one who provided heat and food, suggesting that infants aren't only looking for food and warmth from their parents.
I don't meant to sound insensitive , but what would be the point of showing you a video like that in psychology anyway? -- Instincts don't rule the bahavior of monkeys?

camille
12-25-2003, 10:05 AM
Next ban is curfew. he he he

Cheese
12-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by camille@25 December 2003 - 09:05
Next ban is curfew. he he he

Evil Gemini
12-25-2003, 11:59 AM
It was an experiment, they had one fake mother with no fur, just metal bars, that gave the milk, and another fake mother that was just furry and cuddly. When the monkeys grew up and had there own kids they didn't know how to take care of there babies so instead they would pick up there babies by the head and grate it back and forth on the metal bars until the babies faces were basically ripped off. I saw the video of it in psychology. It was disgusting (cruel and gory).

Thats totaly f*cked up. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I really hate these damn people that do experiaments like that.

What did they excpect ?? Im sure they knew what was going to happen.

Its pretty obvious that the adult monkeys were going to try get food from the fake monkey with the milk.

dwightfry
12-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Chame1eon@24 December 2003 - 14:07
I thougtht that was the one that showed that monkeys preferred the furry mother over the one who provided heat and food, suggesting that infants aren't only looking for food and warmth from their parents.
I don't meant to sound insensitive , but what would be the point of showing you a video like that in psychology anyway? -- Instincts don't rule the bahavior of monkeys?
Actually, I can't remember why we were showed that, the video was on animal cruelty....which doesn't have anything to do with psychology. It was 4 years ago, I'm sure there was some connection.

That was the initial experiment, but it ended up traumatizing the monkeys for life, plus that was the base experiment. They also set it up so the furry mother would launch the baby monkey across the room, and they would shock the baby monkey, and bunch of other different 'versions' of the the test. To impregant the baby monkeys when they grew up, the would take a bunch of male monkeys and they would literally rape the baby monkeys (Not baby's anymore obviously).

Honestly, this experment was probably one of the least cruel out of other ones I saw, but it still made me mad. There was one where they tried hooking a radar of sorts up to a monkeys brain and sewed his eyes shut. You can actually find a pic of that on the internet somewhere, my ex-girlfriend talked about that one in a paper for college also.

Also they put a football helmet on a monkeys head and used a jack hammer like machine to litterally POUND the monkey in the head. They would then release the monkey and all the scientists were laughing as the monkey staggared around the room, then they would repeat until the monkey died. It was awful.

Chame1eon
12-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by dwightfry+25 December 2003 - 06:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dwightfry @ 25 December 2003 - 06:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chame1eon@24 December 2003 - 14:07
I thougtht that was the one that showed that monkeys preferred the furry mother over the one who provided heat and food, suggesting that infants aren&#39;t only looking for food and warmth from their parents.
I don&#39;t meant to sound insensitive , but what would be the point of showing you a video like that in psychology anyway? -- Instincts don&#39;t rule the bahavior of monkeys?
Actually, I can&#39;t remember why we were showed that, the video was on animal cruelty....which doesn&#39;t have anything to do with psychology. It was 4 years ago, I&#39;m sure there was some connection.

That was the initial experiment, but it ended up traumatizing the monkeys for life, plus that was the base experiment. They also set it up so the furry mother would launch the baby monkey across the room, and they would shock the baby monkey, and bunch of other different &#39;versions&#39; of the the test. To impregant the baby monkeys when they grew up, the would take a bunch of male monkeys and they would literally rape the baby monkeys (Not baby&#39;s anymore obviously).

Honestly, this experment was probably one of the least cruel out of other ones I saw, but it still made me mad. There was one where they tried hooking a radar of sorts up to a monkeys brain and sewed his eyes shut. You can actually find a pic of that on the internet somewhere, my ex-girlfriend talked about that one in a paper for college also.

Also they put a football helmet on a monkeys head and used a jack hammer like machine to litterally POUND the monkey in the head. They would then release the monkey and all the scientists were laughing as the monkey staggared around the room, then they would repeat until the monkey died. It was awful. [/b][/quote]
Wow, that sounds horrible. That experiment has been mentioned several times in psychology books and i&#39;ve never herard about the rest of it, or what heppened when the monkeys started raiseintg their own children. maybe they don&#39;t want to scare beginning psychology students. I hope the information ( which prevents cruelty to humans out of ignorance) was worth it. I can&#39;t imagine why they woud want to pound mokeys in the head though, and if they did have a good reason , how could they laugh?

Rip The Jacker
12-26-2003, 01:43 AM
I use this pic a lot (I&#39;m the guy who uploaded it to chinkii lol), sometimes people post crap that just doesn&#39;t make sense.

dwightfry
12-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Chame1eon+25 December 2003 - 13:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chame1eon @ 25 December 2003 - 13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by dwightfry@25 December 2003 - 06:01
<!--QuoteBegin-Chame1eon@24 December 2003 - 14:07
I thougtht that was the one that showed that monkeys preferred the furry mother over the one who provided heat and food, suggesting that infants aren&#39;t only looking for food and warmth from their parents.
I don&#39;t meant to sound insensitive , but what would be the point of showing you a video like that in psychology anyway? -- Instincts don&#39;t rule the bahavior of monkeys?
Actually, I can&#39;t remember why we were showed that, the video was on animal cruelty....which doesn&#39;t have anything to do with psychology. It was 4 years ago, I&#39;m sure there was some connection.

That was the initial experiment, but it ended up traumatizing the monkeys for life, plus that was the base experiment. They also set it up so the furry mother would launch the baby monkey across the room, and they would shock the baby monkey, and bunch of other different &#39;versions&#39; of the the test. To impregant the baby monkeys when they grew up, the would take a bunch of male monkeys and they would literally rape the baby monkeys (Not baby&#39;s anymore obviously).

Also they put a football helmet on a monkeys head and used a jack hammer like machine to litterally POUND the monkey in the head. They would then release the monkey and all the scientists were laughing as the monkey staggared around the room, then they would repeat until the monkey died. It was awful.
Wow, that sounds horrible. That experiment has been mentioned several times in psychology books and i&#39;ve never herard about the rest of it, or what heppened when the monkeys started raiseintg their own children. maybe they don&#39;t want to scare beginning psychology students. I hope the information ( which prevents cruelty to humans out of ignorance) was worth it. I can&#39;t imagine why they woud want to pound mokeys in the head though, and if they did have a good reason , how could they laugh? [/b][/quote]
I was talking to a friend of mine who was in the same psych class. I asked him if he remembered what experiment it was that made the monkeys kill there young. He said he knew it had to do with a fake mother. I reminded him about this experiment and he said that he thinks it might be a different experiment, one that just involved a rag doll for a mother, but he didn&#39;t see why this would have any different results. So, it may have been a different experiment, but I know for a fact that they did set it up to launch the monkeys and shit.

vidcc
12-26-2003, 05:18 PM
what about the cruelty of the rabbit picture? why are scientist trying to put pancake hats on rabbits...it won&#39;t make them any better looking..everyone knows a rabbits problem is its facial hair

muchspl2
12-26-2003, 05:42 PM
yep by me posting that pic I really want company&#39;s and scientist to conduct cruel experiments on monkeys
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/crossjerk.gif

Cheese
12-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@26 December 2003 - 16:42
yep by me posting that pic I really want company&#39;s and scientist to conduct cruel experiments on monkeys
http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/crossjerk.gif
and rabbits

muchspl2
12-26-2003, 06:20 PM
:nono:

just monkeys :)