PDA

View Full Version : Is It True That Kazaa Lite...

othmanni
12-24-2003, 12:08 PM
while was seving this site i went to general discussoin about file sharing
i read this topic a bout a kid who wants to donate his site for kazaa lite soft were ...
and while i was reading the replies on this noble kid ..
i saw one reply that shocked me ,which got nothing to do with that topic. i saw a 5 star member saying in short thjat kazaa lite is going to die ..is that true ....

Entity101
12-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Not true.

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 12:55 PM
its going to die, its already dieing now
first step is admitting the problem ;)

Sparkle1984
12-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@24 December 2003 - 11:55
its going to die, its already dieing now
first step is admitting the problem ;)
no no no, don't let it die!! :ghostface:

guit_steel
12-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by othmanni@24 December 2003 - 07:08
i saw one reply that shocked me ,which got nothing to do with that topic. i saw a 5 star member saying in short thjat kazaa lite is going to die ..is that true ....
All good things must end. Fortunately, viable options abound. Take emule or SoulSeek for a spin, try news groups, or even be daring and be a guinea pig for newbies like ExoSee. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

There's no need to chain urself to a network that's losing its usefulness even if it does survive.

azntg
12-24-2003, 02:46 PM
It's either one or the other:
1. K Lite will eventually die
or
2. Someone else will take over K Lite and get it going again
Chances are 45:55, IMO.

Duracell Plus+++
12-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Well if we can enuff dedicated users and [/U]newbies to use kazaa-lite, maybe , maybe it just might live long and prosper.
Although we will need help from programmers to avoid the obstacles that the Evil Sharman Networks is going to throw at kazaa lite users, i have been with kazaa lite for a long time now, and i intend to stay with it till the end.

One of the Best P2P program ever.
:D :D :D :D :D

3rd gen noob
12-24-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by othmanni@24 December 2003 - 11:08
i saw a 5 star member saying in short thjat kazaa lite is going to die ..is that true ....
i think that was me

woohoo, stardom :)

Aaron_T
12-24-2003, 11:39 PM
exactly how is k-lite gonna die there are still plenty people using it, i think this has all gotten out of hand and there is no threat to the future of k-lite or is there a GOOD reason why people think its gonna die because so far i havent heard any :)

Xero Grid
12-25-2003, 08:04 AM
K-Lite die? That's ridiculous. Still waaaaay too many people using it. I think people got all scared when the k-lite site went down. That doesn't matter. There are still plenty of ways to distribute Kazaa Lite.
There is still something that interests me, though. While everyone has been saying that they couldn't connect to the fast track network, I haven't had any trouble at all. Still using the good old 2.4.3 client.
-- Xero Grid --

wenze1
12-25-2003, 08:18 AM
kazaa lite is going to die ..is that true ....

DOUBT IT!!! http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/ruinkai/biggrinangelA.gif http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/ruinkai/biggringift.gif :beerchug: http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/otn/party/beerchug.gif

camille
12-25-2003, 08:43 AM
That's a rumor monger!

ikara
12-26-2003, 05:46 AM
I can't see how K-Lite can die, the way for that to happen would be for all the users to stop using it. Fat chance I think.

As long a people want to use it, it will survive.

evildon
12-26-2003, 07:24 AM
I am a relative newcomer with very few posts....but some recent events have lent me hope.

A recent ruling in the Netherlands? Dutch?..sorry the article isnt in front of me right now..supreme court says that a peer to peer software provider can't be held responsible for what it's clients actually use the software for. This aids Sharman more then others but it helps out all P2P providers.

Also:In the US,not sure which state..A state court disallowed a search order by the RIAA to aquire a ip address of one of the internet providers customers....said it was an invasion of privacy..if this goes to the supreme court and is upheld..the the RIAA is screwed....

I believe that as long as we can use the Fasttrack clients and continue to share then we should keep it going.....when Sharman makes the update that keeps Klite from accessing Fasttrack the it will die unless someone can release a new version that lets us use Fasttrack...I share mostly pics some movies...nothing recent tho..older stuff...altho i have turned off the see entire shared file thing tab which i understand can make it look like you are not sharing....but I am.

supersonic
12-28-2003, 04:42 AM
The above is true, but I might wanna add to it that DOWNLOADING (wahtever) is tolerated in Canada, but upload is illegal, but it does not mean that we can't share few files that are not cra#ks and harks. I mostly share freeware and files made by myself.

not4u
12-28-2003, 08:04 AM
As long as K-lite works on my computer I'm not going to stop using it, therefore it isn't dead. I'm sure there are 1000's of others that won't stop using it either as long as it works.

Even if updates and developments by the original creator have ceased, it appears that others have already taken it up in different ways now that they know it can be done.

digmen1
12-28-2003, 08:20 AM
I'm like most of you here !

I don't want Kazaa Lite to die, and see no reason why it should.

There seem to be enough versions and programmers around, and as long as we all keep using it.....

But remember someone has to host the site ! (and that costs money !)

And If I had access to Pay Pal I owuldcertianly donate a few dollars.

Digby

ccskorn
12-28-2003, 08:24 AM
I don't think it will die. Who in their right mind would pay for something you can get for free. There are probably only like 10 people who actually pay for the newer Kazaa in the first place. Most people most likely use k-lite.

RealitY
12-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Ok then I guess its time to bring it back...

Kazaa - Farewell, KaZaa - What For? (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=38972&st=0)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300153/KaZaaQuestion.jpg (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=38972&st=0)
May 30, 2003 (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=38972&st=0)

Explosive
12-28-2003, 09:25 AM
KaZaA Lite and Fast Track network probably won't die. But because of fake files it's dying. More advanced networks like Overnet or Ed2k are taking the leader position from Fast Track. Everyday there are more users of Ed2k and less Fast Track users.

wapocalypse
12-28-2003, 12:25 PM
I think it depends what you want it for.

For any recent, mainstream audio, you typically have problems - I get many files that repeat a sample or are all static bar the very beginning.

For almost all film, it's hard to find files that are what they purport to be. I gave up on using it for that ages ago, and now use DC++ simply because it's geared towards that sort of thing.

However, yesterday I bought Q Magazine's "1001 Best Songs Ever" (I know, I know) and searched for a whole load of stuff to try out, often by quite obscure bands from a long time ago.

There was nothing I couldn't find. Not only that, it's still the only way to go.