PDA

View Full Version : 14 Users And Not Downloading

Straight_Thuggin69
12-24-2003, 10:33 PM
:frusty: Ugh I'm trying To Download Midnight Outlaws Street Drag , So FAr it
Found 14 Users, but when i try to download it it says connecting or need more souces, i forget how long ive been waiting for this thing,

I KNOW alot of ppl are have this problem, But 14 users thats not bad shouldnt it like be going like 100kbs but i dunno man, Sumone Help :angry:

3rd gen noob
12-24-2003, 10:34 PM
file>jump supernode :)

Straight_Thuggin69
12-24-2003, 10:40 PM
i've tried that 2381378924981479 times

wenze1
12-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Have patience just because it shows all them sources doesn't mean that the slots are open.Try searching for it a few times then auto search for 2 miutes and click on the box next to it and look at the sources and see what the bandwidth's are and try several different ones and see if that helps.

Edit▐▀█╪>>Or try using kazaa supernodes and when you hold down the shift key when you chrck staus and in the box that pops up type in port 80.Alot of people listening on that port are from universities.Might have better luck.And remember it's the holidays and many people are not on as you can see by the total number of users online.And try pausing and resuming it and just keep searching for it while you are trying to download it,or you could auto search no limit and watch it you will jump nodes faster that wayand maybe get lucky.I did a search for the same file and i get get ned more sources when theirs 8 with high bandwidth>>meaning that slots are full are they are not sharing or could be a number of factors.Some files take forever and some don't.PATIENCE is the best thing i found out using p2p apps.Just to give you an example last night i started downloading freaky friday started downloadind at around 181 kb/s i thought oh yea but today i can hardly get a source with a few node jumps walla i got some sources only at around 4o kb but hey thats better then notin.

i've tried that 2381378924981479 times
And wtf does that mean you didn't try jumping that many times lol.Remember all good things come to those who wait you can't expect to get everything right away.Your connection speed really don't matter when it comes to getting sources.I have a 2Mb download rate but i rarely see speeds above 130kb/s just depends on the sources.The info it shows is not uptodate info.

MUSLEMAN
12-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Straight_Thuggin69@24 December 2003 - 18:33
:frusty:  Ugh I'm trying To Download Midnight Outlaws Street Drag , So FAr it
        Found 14 Users, but when i try to download it it says connecting or need more souces, i forget how long ive been waiting for  this thing,

I KNOW alot of ppl are have this problem, But 14 users thats not bad shouldnt it like be going like 100kbs but i dunno man,  Sumone Help :angry:
your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

if none of those help try our verified and request section