PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Tryd This

enduro1
12-25-2003, 01:45 AM
it looks like this can be as fast as klr. :D

here are some spesifications;

Reverse Connect is a P2P client. It uses DC++ as codebase and add below features :

secure user identification to anti leechers
search by file hash
multiple sources download simultaneously
memory mapping files

Note:
If you use Reverse Connect with DC++'s queue.xml and unfinished download please note: Reverse Connect will extend temp file size to the final size when download start, so be sure your disk space is enough. If you want to back use DC++ again, DC++ can not resume Reverse Connect's unfinished download.
Feature `rollback` is disabled
Feature `antifrag` is disabled
Reverse Connect force to use temp download directory. if not spedified, default one is used.
Set proper `write buffer` could improve performance if you download too fast do not set it too large, 1024KB is enough for general use.
If you found too slow connection, you should `remove from user queue` manually to save slots to other peers. Reverse Connection will do it for you in future version.
Upload more for ever, Reverse Connect do not want to make Direct Connect network die.

SCREENSHOT;

http://reverseconnect.sourceforge.net/shot.jpg

Bebi
12-25-2003, 02:01 AM
omfg thats some heavy downloading activity for dc++, but for the multisourcing alot of hub owners wont like that and set up some bot to ban you if you use it's client and also this thing has no working servers to download from on sourceforge I had to get it off dc++ itself so I guess someone REALLY does'nt want this to spread.

wenze1
12-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Id say and sure will take up alot of extra hard drive space. http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/dvv/sconf.gif

nanotek
12-25-2003, 10:55 AM
and imagine if a whole hub or even only 20-30 ppl did this noone else would be able to get a slot either

Bebi
12-25-2003, 02:46 PM
are they are all downloading seperately? there not helping eachother in speed just downloading over again themselves, so that means when that file finishes you have like 25 of the same file? is this piece of shit program spreading cos most hubs I go to have little slots :angry: :censored:

enduro1
12-25-2003, 05:38 PM
i don't see wy dc and dc++ don't want to change their program so you can download from multi sources.

it would make the programs more popular i think.

and no they don't download seperately

Bebi
12-25-2003, 06:07 PM
how does it work? does all them sources download each bit of the file seperately? it just looks like lots of downloads of the same file

Bebi
12-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by enduro1@25 December 2003 - 18:38
i don't see wy dc and dc++ don't want to change their program so you can download from multi sources.

it would make the programs more popular i think.

and no they don't download seperately
because it will eat up ALOT of slots just so the same person can download the same file