PDA

View Full Version : Board Script Error

newcster68
12-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Ok I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but hopefully one of the mods or admins will read this.

Over the last week I have been posting movie hashes using K-Sig and all I was getting was complaints from the board members saying they were getting an error message "Not enough information" when they clicked on the hash link.

I thought it was a software issue with K-sig so I uninstalled KazaaLite with the K-Sig that came with it and reinstalled a earlier version. When I attempted to create new hashes again for the same movie I also got the same error message.

I began to pull my hair out when I thought "HEY" why dont I post the same hashes by copy and paste into my other KazaaLite forum I also am a member of. So, I did. When I clicked on all 3 hashes they worked perfectly. Put them right into my kazaalite for download.

When clicking on the link to either a movie hash or EVEN a quicktime movie Trailer Link I post with my movies it gives a internet explorer cannot find and it shows the link in the address bar but with extra stuff that don&#39;t belong (example: <br%20>) I assume now that it is an error in this boards script. Mods or admins can you please have this problem fixed.

THANKS

ThePlasticSurgeon
12-27-2003, 10:08 PM
In case you are wondering* I beleive that:

<B/> is a HTML closing tag for bold text**
%20 is a representation of the "space" charachter commonly seen in the address bar of a web browser***

So you would be right in assuming this is a board error**** as a standard sig2dat hash does not include any of the above.

*You probably know anyway.
**Post updated (I originally thought it represented a page break)".
***That thing is fucking annoying.
****I have no idea why.

Sparkle1984
12-27-2003, 11:39 PM
&#60;B/&#62; is a html tag for a page break**

I thought that was the closing tag after a piece of bold text??

&#60;BR&#62; is for page break I think.

I.am
12-28-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@27 December 2003 - 18:39

&#60;B/&#62; is a html tag for a page break**

I thought that was the closing tag after a piece of bold text??

&#60;BR&#62; is for page break I think.
I dont know why the errors occured. 7thElement knows better or it could be the way the hashes are posted.

But you both should get new lessons for basic html :D

break tags are
and closing tags for bold text "/b" The "/" is always before the tag and not after.

Also, address in the url bar is not html formattable :D

7thElement
12-28-2003, 03:24 AM
should be fixed by now (old posts won&#39;t auto fix themself)

BawA
12-28-2003, 06:29 AM
I get same Hash link problem

should be fixed by now (old posts won&#39;t auto fix themself)

Means we most post hash again or it will be corrected