PDA

View Full Version : The Great Mystery

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:12 PM
You all know what I am talking about.

There must be someone here who knows what happened and how my apple supping friend, bigboab was offended.

Is anyone out there willing to tell us, or even give some small clue. If you have any information, or a link I would appreciate it.

PM me if you prefer to keep your confidentiality. I really just would like to know what has happened.

muchspl2
12-28-2003, 06:15 PM
I asked a few days ago and got no responses :/

noname12
12-28-2003, 06:21 PM
I think you will have more luck getting blood out of Billy_Dean.

Infested Cats
12-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Who's to say he's not off for the holidays?

Lamsey
12-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Shortly before he left, I sent him a PM asking him about if he was a lecturer at either Glasgow or Strathclyde uni - he had mentioned in the past that he was from Glasgow and had just posted that he was a lecturer. I was wondering if he lectured at my university.

I had also seen that he said he was seeing a psychologist - I added a note to the bottom of the PM saying I was sorry to hear that (which I was) and tried to offer a few words of support (along the lines of "don't worry about it mate, you seem pretty lucid to me").

Unfortunately he seemed to be very offended by my message; he thought it strange that I should bring it up. I PMed an apology back, stating that it was not my intent to offend (quite the opposite), but got no reply. Shortly after that he left the board.

I assumed that I had inadvertently offended Bigboab severely, so I PMed him again offering another complete apology for any offence, and saying that he would be missed. His reply was that he was just taking a break for a while.

I have no idea if I am the sole cause, part of the cause, or even not related to Bigboab's departure, but from what he said he will hopefully return soon.

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Infested Cats@28 December 2003 - 19:22
Who's to say he's not off for the holidays?
If that's the case - fine.

It's just that some people have been saying that he was upset and left.

noname12
12-28-2003, 06:26 PM
I think the term "Mountain out of mole hill" applies.

Snee
12-28-2003, 06:27 PM
EDIT: I see it Lamsey&#39;s spilled the beans anyhow. <_<

Last I heard he&#39;d be off-line for a little bit though, over the holidays.

That&#39;s not to say he&#39;ll be back here anytime soon.

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@28 December 2003 - 19:24
Shortly before he left, I sent him a PM asking him about if he was a lecturer at either Glasgow or Strathclyde uni - he had mentioned in the past that he was from Glasgow and had just posted that he was a lecturer. I was wondering if he lectured at my university.

I had also seen that he said he was seeing a psychologist - I added a note to the bottom of the PM saying I was sorry to hear that (which I was) and tried to offer a few words of support (along the lines of "don&#39;t worry about it mate, you seem pretty lucid to me").

Unfortunately he seemed to be very offended by my message; he thought it strange that I should bring it up. I PMed an apology back, stating that it was not my intent to offend (quite the opposite), but got no reply. Shortly after that he left the board.

I assumed that I had inadvertently offended Bigboab severely, so I PMed him again offering another complete apology for any offence, and saying that he would be missed. His reply was that he was just taking a break for a while.

I have no idea if I am the sole cause, part of the cause, or even not related to Bigboab&#39;s departure, but from what he said he will hopefully return soon.
Thanks for that, I appreciate your candour, particularly as you feel you may have been part of the cause for his departure.

If the old chap is perchance reading this, please know that a lot of people care about you and miss your incessant punnery. You are a decent spud (not to say pomme).

Please don&#39;t be a stranger.

If anyone is in contact with BB, be a good egg and give him a link to here.

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by noname12@28 December 2003 - 19:26
It is all too easy to judge another person&#39;s strength of feeling.

What is trivial to one may be important to another. Particularly when the demographic here is so mixed.

noname12
12-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+28 December 2003 - 18:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 28 December 2003 - 18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-noname12@28 December 2003 - 19:26

What is trivial to one may be important to another. Particularly when the demographic here is so mixed. [/b][/quote]
No I mean the whole secracy act, from what I have seen of "BB" I dont think he would take such offence from that he seems like an easy going guy who takes laughs as much as he gives it, I just think the guy&#39;s gone on holiday to see family or something, tis the season and all. But Meh like you said, who knows maybe he was offended, but if thats the story the other people did make a mountain out of a mole hill.

thewizeard
12-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+28 December 2003 - 18:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 28 December 2003 - 18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@28 December 2003 - 19:24

I had also seen that he said he was seeing a psychologist - I added a note to the bottom of the PM saying I was sorry to hear that (which I was) and tried to offer a few words of support (along the lines of "don&#39;t worry about it mate, you seem pretty lucid to me").

I have no idea if I am the sole cause, part of the cause, or even not related to Bigboab&#39;s departure, but from what he said he will hopefully return soon.
Thanks for that, I appreciate your candour, particularly as you feel you may have been part of the cause for his departure.

If the old chap is perchance reading this, please know that a lot of people care about you and miss your incessant punnery. You are a decent spud (not to say pomme).

Please don&#39;t be a stranger.

If anyone is in contact with BB, be a good egg and give him a link to here.[/b][/quote]
You know it is true BB&#33;

Snee
12-28-2003, 06:33 PM
He described that PM as "abhorrent", and as far as I know he showed it to someone else who agreed that it should be forwarded to the mods.

I know him to be a decent person, and if he reacts to something that way, I say it&#39;s something to consider seriously.

Billy_Dean
12-28-2003, 06:34 PM
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/281203-MultipleBeLikeDadKeepMum.jpg

:)

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by noname12+28 December 2003 - 19:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (noname12 &#064; 28 December 2003 - 19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@28 December 2003 - 18:29
<!--QuoteBegin-noname12@28 December 2003 - 19:26

What is trivial to one may be important to another. Particularly when the demographic here is so mixed.
No I mean the whole secracy act, from what I have seen of "BB" I dont think he would take such offence from that he seems like an easy going guy who takes laughs as much as he gives it, I just think the guy&#39;s gone on holiday to see family or something, tis the season and all. But Meh like you said, who knows maybe he was offended, but if thats the story the other people did make a mountain out of a mole hill.[/b][/quote]
I take your point - sorry for misunderstanding - thanks for clarifying.

Though I suspect there is a wee something in his absence.

balamm
12-28-2003, 06:36 PM
I was forwarded a copy of those PM&#39;s and I can easily see how offense would be taken given the circumstances.
Lamseys explanation isn&#39;t far off but there appeared to be more jabbing than sincere concern when I read it.
There were other factors as well, just something I think we all consider at times, a little break to regain our perspective.
And that&#39;s all I have to say about that.

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:36 PM
I take your point - sorry for misunderstanding - thanks for clarifying.

Though I suspect there is a wee something in his absence.

Not a set up I assure you, however it just shows how easily we can misunderstand another persons words (or intentions).

I would hate to think that the old chap is not here because of a simple mis-understanding.

Honey
12-28-2003, 06:40 PM
this topic is totally tasteless..

shame on you for discussing this in such an open way...

i&#39;m sure that BB will really appreciate it... <_<

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Ozbabe@28 December 2003 - 19:40

i&#39;m sure that BB will really appreciate it... <_<
In what way is this tasteless.

I asked what had happened to someone who I had a lot of time for. It is a perfectly natural thing to do.

Why do you want to cause strife here.

Lamsey
12-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Being open about it shows that there are people who care enough about his absence that they want him to come back.

I am not going to post details of the PMs any further than the vague account I already posted.

All I want is for Bigboab to come back at his punning best, and if I have offended him I hope he can understand that was never my intention.

Hopefully he will read this at some point and see the strength of feeling which wants him to return.

Snee
12-28-2003, 06:44 PM
I&#39;ll get BB a link to this.

Billy_Dean
12-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@29 December 2003 - 03:42

I asked what had happened to someone who I had a lot of time for. It is a perfectly natural thing to do.

You were told by a few people who know the story that they were unable to explain because they felt it was not their place. No-one who knows the story is willing to talk. So you decided to troll for an answer. If he is such a friend, and you are genuinely concerned, you would PM him and ask for yourself, you know where to find him. This is just another of your attention seeking efforts.

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+28 December 2003 - 19:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 28 December 2003 - 19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@29 December 2003 - 03:42

You were told by a few people who know the story that they were unable to explain because they felt it was not their place. No-one who knows the story is willing to talk. So you decided to troll for an answer. If he is such a friend, and you are genuinely concerned, you would PM him and ask for yourself, you know where to find him. This is just another of your attention seeking efforts.

:) [/b][/quote]
You are a pathetic and sad man.

I truly pity you.

Honey
12-28-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+29 December 2003 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 29 December 2003 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ozbabe@28 December 2003 - 19:40

i&#39;m sure that BB will really appreciate it...&nbsp; <_<

Why do you want to cause strife here. [/b][/quote]
J Pol... If you were seriously interested in why he wasnt around.. you were given a link to where he was.

You could have gone to where he is and asked him yourself instead of setting this up as a circus...

Have you bothered to do that?

If this is how you treat the people you care for... God help the people you don&#39;t&#33;

This is disgusting... <_<

noname12
12-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+28 December 2003 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 28 December 2003 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@29 December 2003 - 03:42

I think he tried the PM&#39;ing... Which is more pathetic, asking about an absent friend, or knocking some one down for asking? <_<

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Ozbabe

You are as bad as your friend.

Sad and pathetic and you honestly can&#39;t see it.

Lamsey
12-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Guys, this is not helping. This thread was made in good intentions, so that people can publicly affirm their desire for Bigboab to return. I certainly don&#39;t think Bigboab would be pleased to see a thread about him filled with flame.

Billy_Dean
12-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by noname12@29 December 2003 - 03:52
I think he tried the PM&#39;ing... Which is more pathetic, asking about an absent friend, or knocking some one down for asking? <_<
Another circus act&#33;

balamm
12-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Disgusting is: Trashing a "come back BigBoab, we miss you" thread with your own personnal fucking agendas.

God this place has sucked since you forum squatting leeches showed up.

noname12
12-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+28 December 2003 - 18:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 28 December 2003 - 18:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-noname12@29 December 2003 - 03:52
I think he tried the PM&#39;ing... Which is more pathetic, asking about an absent friend, or knocking some one down for asking?&nbsp; <_<
Another circus act&#33;

Meh, so any way, I think he would be punning this flaming business right about now.

Billy_Dean
12-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by balamm@29 December 2003 - 03:55
Disgusting is: Trashing a "come back BigBoab, we miss you" thread with your own personnal fucking agendas.

God this place has sucked since you forum squatting leeches showed up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least it got a bit better when you got your arse kicked off&#33; :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Snee
12-28-2003, 06:58 PM
What makes this thread less than good is this damn arguing about it&#39;s purpose and whether it&#39;s proper, this way we get to know what happened, and not just bits and pieces of it.

I sent BB this link, can&#39;t we wait until he gets back from the holidays and see what he feels about this, I hope he&#39;ll change his mind and come back, though I have the impression it won&#39;t be in a hurry.

Honey
12-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@29 December 2003 - 01:54
Guys, this is not helping. This thread was made in good intentions, so that people can publicly affirm their desire for Bigboab to return. I certainly don&#39;t think Bigboab would be pleased to see a thread about him filled with flame.

You all know what I am talking about.

There must be someone here who knows what happened and how my apple supping friend, bigboab was offended.

Is anyone out there willing to tell us, or even give some small clue. If you have any information, or a link I would appreciate it.

PM me if you prefer to keep your confidentiality. I really just would like to know what has happened.

Excuse me Lamsey... I cant see one thing in the intial post about...we want to show our support for him... we want him back...

Did nobody ever tell you... "loose lips... sinks ships"... <_<

hobbes
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+28 December 2003 - 19:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 28 December 2003 - 19:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-noname12@29 December 2003 - 03:52
I think he tried the PM&#39;ing... Which is more pathetic, asking about an absent friend, or knocking some one down for asking?&nbsp; <_<
Another circus act&#33;

I&#39;ll tell you about a circus act.

I ventured into the AfterDark lounge and saw some male naughty bits that are making me feel a little iffy. And I find no consolation that it was partially obscured by a smilie.

Lamsey
Well, seeing as the thread has gone off at a tangent, I&#39;ll finish with this:

Bigboab, if you are reading this, we do want you to come back, unanimously. Take your time and do what you feel is best.
If I did offend you then all I can do is apologise again.

Everyone else: I would really hate to have to lock this thread due to flaming. Please don&#39;t make me.

J'Pol
12-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@28 December 2003 - 20:00
Everyone else: I would really hate to have to lock this thread due to flaming. Please don&#39;t make me.
Perhaps it would be best.

The way I see it, things will only get more negative.

So it goes, if you read this, cheers boab have a wee apple on me, wherever you are posting. Take care mate.

balamm
12-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@28 December 2003 - 11:57

At least it got a bit better when you got your arse kicked off&#33;
If or when that happens, I&#39;ll at least be comforted by the fact that I did contribute to the forum.
Unlike yourself and your leech friends who have never once offered any assistance or even talked about sharing a file. Start pointing fingers, I guarantee that every other member here has made at least some small contribution. Not you and yours though.

And with that, I&#39;m outta here. You&#39;ve turned my stomach one too many times today with your infantile tripe.

Skweeky
12-28-2003, 07:13 PM
You people are all disgusting. Just flaming each other in a thread like this. And then everyone wonders why certain people stay away.

Congratulations, you&#39;re all acting very mature <_<

hobbes
12-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@28 December 2003 - 20:13
You people are all disgusting. Just flaming each other in a thread like this. And then everyone wonders why certain people stay away.

Oh, this has been going on all day. Just check out my thread on "This forum has changed".

Been a robust day of animosity, to be sure.

JONNO_CELEBS
12-28-2003, 07:17 PM
I see&#33;

Right o

Jonno

thewizeard
12-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@28 December 2003 - 19:13

Now you have upset Skweeky..... mijn heart is niet blij.

Come back soon BigBoab... :helpsmile:

Billy_Dean
12-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@29 December 2003 - 04:17
Oh, this has been going on all day. Just check out my thread on "This forum has changed".

I think we need a day like this now and then, gives people a chance to let off some steam. I think the last time would have been the Jonno&#092;Nikki highjack thread.

thewizeard
12-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+28 December 2003 - 19:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 28 December 2003 - 19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@29 December 2003 - 04:17
Oh, this has been going on all day.&nbsp; Just check out my thread on "This forum has changed".&nbsp;

I think we need a day like this now and then, gives people a chance to let off some steam. I think the last time would have been the Jonno&#092;Nikki highjack thread.

Agreed..but this is the wrong place...

fugley
12-28-2003, 07:27 PM
PARP&#33; ................. excuse me - somat i ate. :blink:

RGX
12-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Ok guys, you wanna flame, set up a different thread

BigBoab

Bigboab, I hope you are reading this, you helped me through with my problems and were very supportive, and it meant a lot to me. From what i know about you, you seem a decent, honest and friendly person, and we&#39;d love to have you back.

Ignore the flaming. Stay for the community, the beautiful day thread sure has missed you :(

hoping you come back

RGX

WeeMouse
12-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Boab if you come back i&#39;ll share my cheeez with you&#33; ^_^

hobbes
12-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@28 December 2003 - 20:45
Boab if you come back i&#39;ll share my cheeez with you&#33; ^_^
If I know BigBoab, he would demand on cutting it, for you <_<

danger, I may have posted an Americanism, which will baffle our UK cronies.

Lamsey
12-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@28 December 2003 - 18:51
danger, I may have posted an Americanism which will baffle our UK cronies.
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/yes.gif

http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/wtf.gif

hobbes
12-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Well, I have made a gut wrenchingly poor double entendre.

"Cutting the cheese"- thus releasing its pungent aroma, is a euphemism for "farting".

http://www.indie.4t.com/images/who-cut-the-cheese-p415.jpeg

Lamsey
12-28-2003, 08:19 PM
:rolleyes:

edit: thread now closed at Bigboab&#39;s request.