PDA

View Full Version : Where Am I ?

Adster
12-29-2003, 02:35 PM
This lounge is just getting worse and worse flaming immature talk what the hell is happening I warned about making posts count that this might happen and ruin the whole lounge it seems to be getting worse.

I'm sad to say this place ain't what it used to be bitching flaming trolling, same old same old topics and even the worlds are just getting worse?

whats going on??

maybe allot of the regulars leaving. its a number of things.

but I request that this place be changed from "Lounge" top "Soap Opera world"

Lamsey
12-29-2003, 02:37 PM
I remember how the last thread like this ended :ph34r:

Not again, please.

All communities have peaks and troughs, the Lounge might be a flame-scorched wasteland just now but give it time and it'll get better. However the only way that'll happen is when people start posting new and inventive threads - get to it! :D

Pete Waterman
12-29-2003, 02:39 PM
aye up kid :blink:

Adster
12-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@30 December 2003 - 00:37
I remember how the last thread like this ended :ph34r:

Not again, please.

All communities have peaks and troughs, the Lounge might be a flame-scorched wasteland just now but give it time and it'll get better. However the only way that'll happen is when people start posting new and inventive threads - get to it! :D
thats what I mean its like a soap opera??

where out of inventive new threads

like when soaps eventually get the Axe coz there out of ideas same old story's characters leaving etc

clocker
12-29-2003, 02:44 PM
I agree Adster.
After a protracted sojourn in Hardware World I drop down here and BANG! the place is a wasteland.
The Lounge has always been full of drivel, but it wasn't usually malicious drivel.
Now we have people leaving and major turf wars apparently.

Soap Opera World, indeed.

TheDave
12-29-2003, 02:48 PM
blame it on christmas. when was the last time it was this bad?

its got to have been worse before cos all forums only start with 1 member, so look on the bright side it has been worse, but i suppose we dont have k-lite to suport us anymore

muchspl2
12-29-2003, 02:49 PM
I try to stay out of the lounge for the most part

JONNO_CELEBS
12-29-2003, 02:57 PM
It just seems like nobodies aloowed an opinion anymore here, it used to be a discussion, now it's always a fight, how many times have we seen someone give their opinion only to be met with "Fuck you".

Look back to threads thru the summer, find me more than 3 flamed threads in July, then find me more than 3 unflamed threads in December.

Yes I'm guilty of this too but when met with abuse instead of opinions a fight will ensue :(

Jonno B)

Adster
12-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@30 December 2003 - 00:57
It just seems like nobodies aloowed an opinion anymore here, it used to be a discussion, now it's always a fight, how many times have we seen someone give their opinion only to be met with "Fuck you".

Look back to threads thru the summer, find me more than 3 flamed threads in July, then find me more than 3 unflamed threads in December.

Yes I'm guilty of this too but when met with abuse instead of opinions a fight will ensue :(

Jonno B)
yep don't want us too turn out like the Soulseek forum

JONNO_CELEBS
12-29-2003, 03:08 PM
This is why I started a thread a long time ago about bad launguage.
I see the rule of "Keep it to a minimum" has gone and now anything goes.
I think this is part of the trouble.

You get people hurling abuse. And they know they wont get wrong or edited cos they are aloowed to swear.

Time and place!

Jonno B)

Lamsey
12-29-2003, 03:12 PM
If we edit out swearing or criticise its use, we're censors. If we allow it, we're too soft.

Rock<->mods<->hard place

fugley
12-29-2003, 03:13 PM
The Good Old days ... yes i remeber that well - the programme with the bloke that said all the really long words and introduced lots of men who wore straw hats and had faces painted up to make them look like coloured gentlmen.

They sang songs about the Mississippi and their Mammies.

Still can&#39;t believe Aunt Maureen and that f******kin onion xmas present&#33; :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
12-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@29 December 2003 - 15:12
If we edit out swearing or criticise its use, we&#39;re censors. If we allow it, we&#39;re too soft.

Rock<->mods<->hard place
I know Lamsey, but even you said a while back that there are too many immature people here now, which I agree with.

Is it really needed to say.......

"Well I had a great fucking day and I feel fucking great"

When it could be

"I&#39;ve had a great day and am feeling pretty damn good"

Just examples :)

Being a builder there&#39;s nothing offends me but I don&#39;t like to see it used for the sake of it.

Jonno B)

fugley
12-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@29 December 2003 - 15:16

Being a builder there&#39;s nothing offends me but I don&#39;t like to see it used for the sake of it.

Jonno B)
Do you do conservatories - Me and Mrs Moo have been considering having one constructed or maybe a loft conversion?

summerlinda
12-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Adster+29 December 2003 - 16:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster @ 29 December 2003 - 16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@30 December 2003 - 00:57
It just seems like nobodies aloowed an opinion anymore here, it used to be a discussion, now it&#39;s always a fight, how many times have we seen someone give their opinion only to be met with "Fuck you".

Yes I&#39;m guilty of this too but when met with abuse instead of opinions a fight will ensue :(

Jonno B)
yep don&#39;t want us too turn out like the Soulseek forum [/b][/quote]
Ohh man, that forum is even worse, there they have love affairs, people braking up over cybersex and dates and what not.

So look at the bright side, this place isnt that bad.

:lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
12-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by fugley@29 December 2003 - 15:19

Do you do conservatories - Me and Mrs Moo have been considering having one constructed or maybe a loft conversion?
Well I&#39;m actually getting out of the building game, getting fed up with waiting weeks to be paid <_<
But for you Fugs, I&#39;ll bring Gurtrude (my sledgehammer) and knock ya house to bits then glue the bricks back :lol:

@Linda.......It&#39;s getting that way tho :(

Jonno B)

UKMan
12-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by summerlinda+29 December 2003 - 16:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (summerlinda @ 29 December 2003 - 16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Adster@29 December 2003 - 16:02
<!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@30 December 2003 - 00:57
It just seems like nobodies aloowed an opinion anymore here, it used to be a discussion, now it&#39;s always a fight, how many times have we seen someone give their opinion only to be met with "Fuck you".

Yes I&#39;m guilty of this too but when met with abuse instead of opinions a fight will ensue :(

Jonno B)
yep don&#39;t want us too turn out like the Soulseek forum
Ohh man, that forum is even worse, there they have love affairs, people braking up over cybersex and dates and what not.

So look at the bright side, this place isnt that bad.

:lol: [/b][/quote]
Love affair? So i&#39;m still in with a chance then? If i stop swearing of course B)

Spider_dude
12-29-2003, 09:28 PM
it wasn&#39;t a love affair, it was a girl was initiating cyber sex with 7 different guys then breaking promises to them, you should all read it, i was pissing myself.