PDA

View Full Version : Firewall + Antivrus

Keighley-England
01-04-2004, 09:07 PM
:smilie4: i have two computers one cheep one i use to download from the internet and another fast one that i use to convert and burn to dvd both on win xp pro, i link both together with a crossover cable so i can also use the internet if i require and transfer files across.
The question i would like answering is do i install my firewall and antivirus (norton 2004) on the first computer only or is it best to install it on both as you have to disable microsoft shared firewall to get decent download speed. B)

tesco
01-04-2004, 09:40 PM
im pretty sure u dont need the firewall on both computers, just the one connected directly to the internet, but install antivirus on both computers.

SciManAl
01-04-2004, 09:46 PM
toy only need it on the first one, as the setting would be the same on both, so if the firewall is comprimised on the first one then the other one will be comprimised just as easily. You do need antivirus software onb both, i would suggest a version a norton corperote virus software, you can manage the virus scanning etc from one computer.. and it doesn't require a key ;)

hope that helps!!