PDA

View Full Version : Funny Question

sharedholder
01-06-2004, 10:40 PM
But how the hell can add new moderators on a IPB board ? :lol: Btw if anyone want to be a mod. send me a pm. :lol:

I.am
01-06-2004, 10:43 PM
:lol: You need to make a group and add members to that. Set permissions to that group. Hell, pm me I will let you through it :lol:

Go to your Admin Control Panel. On the left go to "Users & Group." Go to "Manage User Groups."
On the bottom of that page Add New Group if there is no Moderator Group already. Base that group on admin. Set the permissions you want to give to the moderator. Next time when you add members you can add under this group or you can just move pre-existing members to this group as moderators. :)

internet.news
01-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by I.am@6 January 2004 - 23:43
:lol: You need to make a group and add members to that. Set permissions to that group. Hell, pm me I will let you through it :lol:

Go to your Admin Control Panel. On the left go to "Users & Group." Go to "Manage User Groups."
On the bottom of that page Add New Group if there is no Moderator Group already. Base that group on admin. Set the permissions you want to give to the moderator. Next time when you add members you can add under this group or you can just move pre-existing members to this group as moderators. :)
Interesting - very interesting as I see. But a little dangerous - where is this board where members are mods?

RGX
01-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Only SOME members, not ALL members

I.am
01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@7 January 2004 - 11:36
Interesting - very interesting as I see. But a little dangerous - where is this board where members are mods?
:lol: Are you the self-infruriating clown of this board?

Edit: What I meant was (which is apparant just to anyone) that members who need to be moved as Mod status can be moved to that group. :D

I believe the problem is solved. :)