PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Try And Help Me!

ripley02
01-08-2004, 03:40 AM
a few days ago i went to microsoft and updated with the IE service pack update and am running windows 98. now whenever i launch IE to try to connect to any web page i get the cannot find server error page. i tried uninstalling the update but still cant access any web pages. i can still connect to the web and am using the forum option from k++ to try and get help. i though maybe i could try and find a different browser option on k++ but noone seems to have them shared. i need serious help!!!

fkdup74
01-08-2004, 04:30 AM
MORE BROWSERS (http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/misctools/fwbrowser.html)

dont need kazaa for a browser d/l, it'd just be corrupted anyway
plenty of free browsers out there ;)

ripley02
01-08-2004, 04:36 AM
i appreciate it but i cant access any other internet content using internet explorer which is the only thing i have. everytime i try to access a webpage it just progresses very slowly until it finally errors out

Xero Grid
01-08-2004, 07:12 AM
myIE2
Search for MyIE2. People should have it, but it would probably be better if you can get to another computer and maybe put something on a disk.

This direct link may work (http://download.com.com/redir?pid=10253481&merid=112589&mfgid=112589&edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3002-20-10253481&ontId=20&ltype=dl_dlnow&lop=link&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.downloadhosting.com%2Fdownload%2Fmyie2%2Fm2combo.zip)
That's a regular weblink though... just in case.

You can always search for Mozilla, firebird, avant browser, opera, ect.

Hmmm.. something else came to mind. Did you install a driver update. I've seen Microsoft give out the wrong drivers for modems for example and it cause disaster.

-- Xero Grid --

4play
01-08-2004, 07:16 AM
check though the options tabs and make sure you have not got any proxies selected and that the settings are all fine.

fkdup74
01-08-2004, 07:45 AM
im pretty sure i got a few browsers backed up on disc
(myie2, opera, avant, etc.) if you still get email i could send ya one?
just know that NAV is gonna scan my out-going,
and you make sure you scan your incoming,
dont want nobody screamin about passin viruses or nothin :P
post back or pm, whatever if you still need one

ripley02
01-08-2004, 07:13 PM
thanks for everyones input but i still cant find anyone sharing any browsers. i wish i could still get email but still cant. i am checking here at work and going to try their support resolution as what possibly could be the source since this most defintly happened when i installed their update.

ripley02
01-08-2004, 07:22 PM
i was checking things out on google and came across this reviews (http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3302-2356_2-10148260.html?pn=1&fb=2)at download.com and i think i may be SOL.

Samurai
01-08-2004, 07:39 PM
If you go to the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and find IE, there should be an option to repair (or install missing files) somewhere on there.

As an alternative, I can't stress enough how much Mozilla means to me. It's a fantastic browser I seriously recommend.

fkdup74
01-09-2004, 12:10 AM
you using klite or emule/
let me know, and ill hash the browser,
see if you can dl it that way....

oops :"> , just re-read the 1st post :lol:
klite hash comin up............

fkdup74
01-09-2004, 12:30 AM
heres a few, take your pick :P
theres probably already up dates on most of these,
ive had em on disc for a while now
but once you get connected you can update em :)

File:Opera.exe
Length:3398463 Bytes, 3318KB
UUHash:=GBJQRfx239QO8p4md27bU6LUFXo=

File:AvantBrowser.exe
Length:2788907 Bytes, 2723KB
UUHash:=eEZa9GnnrBR1bs0iOztadPE2zfA=

File:Mozilla.exe
Length:12432080 Bytes, 12140KB
UUHash:=vHLLAg2jQARJ1IXp0867GKTrjgc=

File:MyIE2.zip
Length:786365 Bytes, 767KB
UUHash:=zOCLfx5YywRCjAttd1vebJO8eLo=

tesco
01-09-2004, 12:39 AM
how do u make a hash file like that? it would be really good for me and my friends to share files over kazaa lite that would be kool can u mpm me how to do it please that would be great thanks..

fkdup74
01-09-2004, 01:17 AM
:lol: sorry about the slow reply
had to walk to the store real quick
go to the verified in a can section and theres a pinned topic :)
any probs with it and be glad to help ya

longboneslinger
01-09-2004, 01:30 AM
I had that in Win 98SE. The 'Add/Remove Programs' app would just let me uninstall. :frusty: I had to use the original setup file in the IE folder. The default path should be C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer. Find the 'setup.exe file. It'll be something like ie6setup.exe. Click it. It should give you the option of remove or repair. Try repair first. It actually works sometimes. If not, uninstall the bitch and re-install. You'll need to online to download files, so hook'er up. If you have your Windows CD (you do have it, don't you?? :rolleyes: ), you can un-install the new one and go back to the old one on the disk then upgrade later.

If that works, download another browser and keep one as a back up. I have 3.

Hmmm.. something else came to mind. Did you install a driver update. I've seen Microsoft give out the wrong drivers for modems for example and it cause disaster.

-- Xero Grid --

I doubt it's a driver. I've never known Win9x to actually have a driver to download for hardware with the exception of MS hardware. My intelli-mouse explorer is the only one. Unless MS made some of the hardware on your system, it's unlikely. That was one of the so-called 'big advantages' of XP. At any rate, ALWAYS go to the manufacturers website for new drivers.

Good luck......