PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Compensation

vidcc
01-12-2004, 12:01 AM
source
smoking compensation (http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/01/09/smoking.lawsuit.ap/index.html) .

ok so smokers sueing tobbaco companies isn't new but given that despite all the medical warnings over the decades which they chose to ignore, do you think they should be compesated if they fall ill because of their decision to smoke ?.The lawsuits sucess thus far has been basically because the tobbacco companies didn't issue their own warnings.

this is not an anti smoking post and i am not saying that smokers deserve to get ill, in fact i wish everyone good health, but are they really victims or self perpetrators?
Even now with the cases proving the direct link between smoking and cancer people still smoke

Busyman
01-12-2004, 12:07 AM
If you choose to smoke after warnings have been given you deserve whatever ill may fall upon you.
I can see some poor guy going to his lawyer with a cigarrette in his mouth. :lol:

billyfridge
01-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by vidcc@12 January 2004 - 00:01
source
smoking compensation (http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/01/09/smoking.lawsuit.ap/index.html) .

ok so smokers sueing tobbaco companies isn't new but given that despite all the medical warnings over the decades which they chose to ignore, do you think they should be compesated if they fall ill because of their decision to smoke ?.The lawsuits sucess thus far has been basically because the tobbacco companies didn't issue their own warnings.

this is not an anti smoking post and i am not saying that smokers deserve to get ill, in fact i wish everyone good health, but are they really victims or self perpetrators?
Even now with the cases proving the direct link between smoking and cancer people still smoke
I agree with u vidcc, as a smoker, i wouln't dream of suing a tobacco company,
or a local council, if i tripped over a raised flagstone. but a grasping lawyer would
he&#39;s out to make money no matter who pays, sue their own grandmother some of them <_<

james_bond_rulez
01-12-2004, 01:56 AM
looks like these guys are looking for some ez bucks :blink: