PDA

View Full Version : Question To The Board & The Backup?

internet.news
01-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Some time ago I wanted to download the whole K-Lite Board with all messages,
but as you can imagine, with DialUp that is a never ending work.

So I asked myself the following: when you make a backup of the MySQL Database,
are all the messages included in this backup file? I mean would it be possible, if some of the admins or whoever is responsible for this, would sent me this Backup and I have the PHP Invisionboard Script on my machine, would it be possible to search through all the messages like a database?

I thought of it, cause the forum could offer a really good database with useful Posts about issues and problems... And on the other hand I always wanted to get through the whole forum not under stress, I mean also OFFLINE so that I can go through probably some interesting articles and posts.

So my question would be if someone - and I would pay the shipping charges as well, that is no problem - could send me the latest Backup of the MySQL Database on a CDr?

Probably you think I am crazy or unserious or whatever, asking this. But I really love this Forum and would be able to go though it OFFLINE as I am on DialUp ;)

Goodnite.

jetje
01-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@14 January 2004 - 21:55
Probably you think I am crazy or unserious or whatever, asking this. Goodnite.
sometimes, just sometimes.... yeah i start to believe that. Don't ask me why exactly but..... ;)

internet.news
01-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by jetje+14 January 2004 - 22:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 14 January 2004 - 22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@14 January 2004 - 21:55
Probably you think I am crazy or unserious or whatever, asking this. But I really love this Forum and would be able to go though it OFFLINE as I am on DialUp ;)

Goodnite.
sometimes, just sometimes.... yeah i start to believe that. Don&#39;t ask me why exactly but..... ;) [/b][/quote]
Yeah, probably it is hard to understand if you are not on DialUp...

If I would have a faster connection, I would be able to download it...

Or Jetje, can you tell me: How big is the forum? Not exact size, but...

7thElement
01-14-2004, 09:22 PM
internet.news keep your hands away from drugs... will you ?

Benno
01-14-2004, 09:38 PM
How come this thread sounds very familiar to me? :blink:

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...oad+whole+board (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=85965&hl=download+whole+board)

and didnt Paul give you a clear answer? :frusty:

Edit:
Not only Paul even 7th was allready here and answered you

btw why is Paul a normal member and not in the Founder group with VB?

Virtualbody1234
01-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Not this again. Forget it, internet.news. It won&#39;t happen.

Lite
01-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@14 January 2004 - 21:22
internet.news keep your hands away from drugs... will you ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can i have them please 7th :unsure: ;)

internet.news
01-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@14 January 2004 - 22:44
Not this again. Forget it, internet.news. It won&#39;t happen.
I mean it really serious as it a useful database ;) It seems you are afraid of me
being a hacker using all the passwords making shit or something, hey, you should know me better. I am the last who would do something like this.

Ok, but I understand your point. It just sad to see you mistrusting me and each other.

J'Pol
01-14-2004, 10:38 PM
We don&#39;t think the nurses would allow you access to the CDR, if you snapped it you could make a sharp object. Then you may hurt yourself or others.

C&#39;Mon chaps, share openly with the guy. Where&#39;s the harm. Don&#39;t mistrust each other.