PDA

View Full Version : Another Filesharer Bites The Dust.

Tackdaddy
01-15-2004, 02:58 PM
well what i thought what would never happen has,i got busted for filesharing.my internet connection got cut off for 2 days because the MPAA told my isp that i was downloading and providing illegal movies.i only downloaded off bittorrent and never used kazaa lite for movies(too many fakes) so i guess i'm done.they told me that i also might get sued too(i hope not).i did'nt even get a warning they just shut off my internet and i don't have a choice to change isp's since i got a cable connection and i could never go back to dial-up.this really sucks big time and not sure what to do cause i love getting free movies.

Spider_dude
01-15-2004, 03:13 PM
stop use BT it is one of the most insecure file sharing apps around. this is where the mpaa are sueing people.

Rat Faced
01-15-2004, 06:17 PM
BT do cable now? :P

evildon
01-16-2004, 02:55 AM
Ick!

ED

4th gen
01-16-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@15 January 2004 - 14:13
stop use BT it is one of the most insecure file sharing apps around. this is where the mpaa are sueing people.
if only more people would realise this fact :)

Cheese
01-16-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen+16 January 2004 - 01:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 16 January 2004 - 01:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@15 January 2004 - 14:13
if only more people would realise this fact :) [/b][/quote]
Is this a problem in the UK?

4th gen
01-16-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@16 January 2004 - 01:57
the UK&#39;s policy is pretty unclear, but thankfully they don&#39;t seem very proactive (unlike their american counterparts)

the insecurities within the bittorent protocol are still evident though

internet.weather
01-16-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Tackdaddy@15 January 2004 - 14:58
well what i thought what would never happen has,i got busted for filesharing.my internet connection got cut off for 2 days because the MPAA told my isp that i was downloading and providing illegal movies.i only downloaded off bittorrent and never used kazaa lite for movies(too many fakes) so i guess i&#39;m done.they told me that i also might get sued too(i hope not).i did&#39;nt even get a warning they just shut off my internet and i don&#39;t have a choice to change isp&#39;s since i got a cable connection and i could never go back to dial-up.this really sucks big time and not sure what to do cause i love getting free movies.
Work it out dickhead.

People posting shite to frighten people always do it using text speak. They think it makes them blend in.

If you want to frighten people. Try something else.

Try telling them that it is fucking impossible to prove that people are sharing music and movies in Europe. That will frighten the shit out of them.

Cheese
01-16-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen+16 January 2004 - 02:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 16 January 2004 - 02:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@16 January 2004 - 01:57
the UK&#39;s policy is pretty unclear, but thankfully they don&#39;t seem very proactive (unlike their american counterparts)

the insecurities within the bittorent protocol are still evident though [/b][/quote]
More or less as I thought...I use BT in the UK but even as a noob I know that this very useful tool is VERY open to outside scrutiny. Long live the inaction in this part of the world. :lol:

4th gen
01-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by internet.weather@16 January 2004 - 02:06
Try telling them that it is fucking impossible to prove that people are sharing music and movies in Europe. That will frighten the shit out of them.
would be incorrect though ;)

:)

internet.news
01-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by internet.weather+16 January 2004 - 04:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.weather @ 16 January 2004 - 04:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tackdaddy@15 January 2004 - 14:58
well what i thought what would never happen has,i got busted for filesharing.my internet connection got cut off for 2 days because the MPAA told my isp that i was downloading and providing illegal movies.i only downloaded off bittorrent and never used kazaa lite for movies(too many fakes) so i guess i&#39;m done.they told me that i also might get sued too(i hope not).i did&#39;nt even get a warning they just shut off my internet and i don&#39;t have a choice to change isp&#39;s since i got a cable connection and i could never go back to dial-up.this really sucks big time and not sure what to do cause i love getting free movies.
Work it out dickhead.

People posting shite to frighten people always do it using text speak. They think it makes them blend in.

If you want to frighten people. Try something else.

Try telling them that it is fucking impossible to prove that people are sharing music and movies in Europe. That will frighten the shit out of them. [/b][/quote]
internet.weather, you are little strong aren&#39;t you? He is just human as well, poor human. You are, too.

Ok, tackdaddy: did you have all your shared stuff or did the MPAA also took it from you?

internet.news
01-16-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen+16 January 2004 - 04:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 16 January 2004 - 04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@16 January 2004 - 02:06

:) [/b][/quote]
You can check the Users IP and with IP and exact time and date you can get the phone number - means:location - from the provider where the User got in the internet.

Best solution: share your files from phone cells&#33; :P :rolleyes:

internet.weather
01-16-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen+16 January 2004 - 03:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 16 January 2004 - 03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@16 January 2004 - 02:06

:) [/b][/quote]
No it wouldn&#39;t.

How could they get the fucking evidence is a way that was admissable in a British court.

If you dont undersatnd it then dont fucking talk about it.

internet.weather
01-16-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by internet.news+16 January 2004 - 03:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 16 January 2004 - 03:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 4th gen@16 January 2004 - 04:10
<!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@16 January 2004 - 02:06

:)
You can check the Users IP and with IP and exact time and date you can get the phone number - means:location - from the provider where the User got in the internet.

Best solution: share your files from phone cells&#33; :P :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Biggest load of shite I have ever read.

4th gen
01-16-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by internet.weather@16 January 2004 - 02:15
No it wouldn&#39;t.

How could they get the fucking evidence is a way that was admissable in a British court.

If you dont undersatnd it then dont fucking talk about it.
you&#39;re really serious?

you think that european filesharers have total immunity from prosecution for sharing copyrighted material?

Adster
01-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Spider_dude@16 January 2004 - 01:13
yeah but you need it to download movies not blank files like kazafakesta

i would tell em to get fucked

and keep using it

silent VI
01-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Tackdaddy@15 January 2004 - 14:58
http://www.duffzone.co.uk/grabpics/thumbs/nelson3_thumb.gif

HA HA

clocker
01-16-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Tackdaddy@15 January 2004 - 06:58
If for no other reason this makes me dubious.

Even in America your ISP has to notify you of impending action.
I don&#39;t think I&#39;m buying this at all.