PDA

View Full Version : Serious Computer Problems

Aaron_T
01-15-2004, 11:27 PM
hi guys really need you help its crucial i'll go through the story

tonight i went on Norton Systemworks to try and view my status screen when i tried to do this systemworks froze and i had to use ctrl+alt+del to close it and i restarted my PC the same thing happened again and i got an error, then i went onto my firewall i got an integration error, so i reinstalled norton systemworks and norton firewall i but when did this this and it came up and asked me to restart now i clicked yes but the computer didnt budge it wouldnt restart even when i moved the mouse and clicked restart so i had to reset, i also tried system restore but i got an error from that and it wouldnt open.

i think ive got a virus but im unable to scan, PLEASE HELP wot can i do

MODERATORS PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS BECAUSE ITS A BAD PROBLEM AND THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE IN THE LOUNGE

THANKS

bujub22
01-15-2004, 11:30 PM
defrag..sweep for adware an spyware then check your internet history and clean that out to all in your program files..

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-15-2004, 11:31 PM
;) Look.I am not trying to start nothing.But it does not matter where there is more People.It matters where there are People that know how to deal with this Problem.

Cheese
01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 22:31
;) Look.I am not trying to start nothing.But it does not matter where there is more People.It matters where there are People that know how to deal with this Problem.
aye we know feck all in here :blink:

namzuf9
01-15-2004, 11:33 PM
I concur

Aaron_T
01-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 22:31
seriously if you aint gonna help dont post :angry:

no disrespect but that post pissed me off

i wouldnt have posted here unless i was desperate

imported_computerfreak76
01-15-2004, 11:46 PM
whats your system specs? the versions of norton your using?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+15 January 2004 - 18:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 15 January 2004 - 18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 22:31

i wouldnt have posted here unless i was desperate [/b][/quote]
;) Look.Do not get mad at me because your Computer is fucked up.I was trying to help.You Post in another section would be better.

So go help yourself kid.

Aaron_T
01-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by computerfreak76@15 January 2004 - 22:46
whats your system specs? the versions of norton your using?
im using windows XP norton systemworks 2003, norton firewall 2004

imported_computerfreak76
01-15-2004, 11:50 PM
and your system specs?

and ive used norton for a few years, and it can be a bitch most of the time.

Aaron_T
01-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+15 January 2004 - 22:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 15 January 2004 - 22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Azzz@15 January 2004 - 18:45
<!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 22:31

;) Look.Do not get mad at me because your Computer is fucked up.I was trying to help.You Post in another section would be better.

So go help yourself kid. [/b][/quote]
I believe i said no DISRESPECT obviously a term you dont understand you were the one gettin mad not me. :P

Proper Bo
01-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 January 2004 - 00:47

So go help yourself kid.
I thikn he onyl posted here to get a relpy quickly, tehers more people in here. No nede for arguing now, is ther? ;)

DWk
01-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Actually we do help more in Softwareworld - I use the lounge just for fuggin around

cough pr0nw0rld cough :rolleyes:

Regarding your problem, I would recommend you to either get a new AV (McAfee or AVG), get some spyware scanner (although i don&#39;t think this would be the problem), or format your computer.

Knowing myself, I would probably just format the sucka, but it&#39;s better to try to fix stuff before formatting :D

imported_computerfreak76
01-15-2004, 11:53 PM
is your computer booting up at all?

also when you uninstalled did you delete all the notron files in programs, and out of the registry?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Azzz+15 January 2004 - 18:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 15 January 2004 - 18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 22:47

So go help yourself kid.
I believe i said no DISRESPECT obviously a term you dont understand you were the one gettin mad not me. :P [/b][/quote]
;) Yeah right.Going to laugh my ass off when it gets moved.

Which is going to help you out better.But no.FuNkY CaPrIcOrN never trys to help anybody.....right Azzz?

Aaron_T
01-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+15 January 2004 - 22:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 15 January 2004 - 22:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Azzz@15 January 2004 - 18:51

So go help yourself kid.
I believe i said no DISRESPECT obviously a term you dont understand you were the one gettin mad not me. :P

Which is going to help you out better.But no.FuNkY CaPrIcOrN never trys to help anybody.....right Azzz? [/b][/quote]
yeh , yeh bla blah blah im so very offended, you win <_<

wot a stupid moron

pol
01-15-2004, 11:59 PM
lol - keep it in here :P

DWk
01-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Heyo pol :)

Samurai
Azzz if it&#39;s possible, reboot in safe mode and try and run spybot / adaware first. Once completed, try and run a virus scanner that you have available. Hopefully, if you do have a malicious piece of software residing on your PC it will pick it up.

Let me know if anything changes.

Aaron_T
Originally posted by computerfreak76@15 January 2004 - 22:53
is your computer booting up at all?

also when you uninstalled did you delete all the notron files in programs, and out of the registry?
yes it is booting up i think

well i ununstalled norton then put it back in with the disc so i think they were gone
not 100% though

pol
hows it goin DWk - done any online virus scans lately :P

Aaron_T
01-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by pol@15 January 2004 - 23:01
i was thinin of doin that but im not sure which site

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-16-2004, 12:03 AM
;) Look azzz.I did not start this.Why get mad at me because something is wrong with your PC?

I have never had no Problems with you.I was just saying that it might be better Posted in another Section.Just chill out guy.

Look it is going to stay in here.Hopefully one day you and me can make up over this silly shit.Last Post on this one.Good luck.

FC B)

imported_computerfreak76
01-16-2004, 12:04 AM
first off what makes you think its a virus? thats always an easy suggestion for people that have no clue as to what the fuck they are talking about.

pol
01-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Azzz+16 January 2004 - 00:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz &#064; 16 January 2004 - 00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@15 January 2004 - 23:01
i was thinin of doin that but im not sure which site[/b][/quote]
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

norton can be a bitch to get rid of, maybe you just have&#39;nt uninstalled it right, search symantec site for &#39;uninstall&#39; - they have a tool i think

ps - should have been in softwareworld :P

imported_computerfreak76
01-16-2004, 12:07 AM
ok there is a product symantec has called symclean and it cleans up all the remnants of nsw after you uninstall, try that then reinstall nsw

Cheese
Originally posted by Azzz+15 January 2004 - 22:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 15 January 2004 - 22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 22:53

So go help yourself kid.

Which is going to help you out better.But no.FuNkY CaPrIcOrN never trys to help anybody.....right Azzz?

wot a stupid moron [/b][/quote]
You fucking arrogant twat azzz....FC had a VERY valid point there...you&#39;ll get little or no help in here.

You should have posted in software world or hardware world, all FC was trying to do was help you and you flamed him.

I hope when you calm down and your computers working again you find time to apologize...

sharedholder
OnLine trojan check (http://www.anti-trojan.net/en/onlinecheck.aspx)

McAfee FreeScan (http://us.mcafee.com/default.asp)

Symantec Security Check (http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?j=1&langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=DCLUTGXIBVEMBQAUWZK)

Free OnLine Trojan Scanner (http://www.trojanscan.com/)

And if you uninstalled and then installed again NSW & Norton Antivirus you can miss up a lot of things, try to clean your registry and if nothing works , format your disk. :(

Aaron_T
01-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+15 January 2004 - 23:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 15 January 2004 - 23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Azzz@15 January 2004 - 22:59

Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 22:53

So go help yourself kid.

wot a stupid moron
You fucking arrogant twat azzz....FC had a VERY valid point there...you&#39;ll get little or no help in here.

You should have posted in software world or hardware world, all FC was trying to do was help you and you flamed him.

I hope when you calm down and your computers working again you find time to apologize... [/b][/quote]
f**k u gayboy :lol:

Aaron_T
01-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@15 January 2004 - 23:07

Symantec Security Check (http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?j=1&langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=DCLUTGXIBVEMBQAUWZK)

And if you uninstalled and then installed again NSW & Norton Antivirus you can miss up a lot of things, try to clean your registry and if nothing works , format your disk. :(
on every one of those link s my IE came up with an error message and closed

is someone hackin in?

sharedholder
01-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Azzz+16 January 2004 - 00:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 16 January 2004 - 00:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@15 January 2004 - 23:07

on every one of those link s my IE came up with an error message and closed

is someone hackin in? [/b][/quote]
You have really big problems there .

Evil Gemini
01-16-2004, 12:29 AM
If i were you i would just format and never ever ever use an AV other than AVG.

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-16-2004, 12:41 AM
yep, just reformat your drive and re-install. it would be faster than sittin here trying to figure it out. :P

evildon
01-16-2004, 12:44 AM
I hate wrong posts more than most....but leave it here then close it....I have been guilty of it thru ignorance and panic..we all forget our on blunders it seems to me...

I would format and start over....u can run a virus checker in Dos mode though to see if you have a bootsector trojan thing...

But i do agree that Azzz did get overly excited about FC"s response....When I did it I explained that I had freaked etc etc and that I was sorry...and I maybe wuz just a LITTLE bit drunk at the time.....

ED

DWk
01-16-2004, 01:03 AM
You coulda formatted already and be back already :o B)

Wizard_Mon1
01-16-2004, 01:05 AM
are you at uni/?