PDA

View Full Version : 7th Element & Gcn Addict & Beta Stuff!

internet.news
01-16-2004, 05:17 AM
if you ask in public you will get a public answer:

Using another beta testers name in a chatroom (in this case illuminati's name) is not really a smart idea as it confuses people and takes illuminati's slot away.

Such childish acts are really NOT welcome.

7th

(Source: http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=94266 )

Dear 7th Element,

I do not want to judge about you, 7th. I just think that is a little extraordinary,
Paul would not do it, ok you are not Paul - as GCN Addict is just a human as well.
Ok, that is not right as well in some ways take anothers name, but...

I just want to know what I think about it and that I am a little concernet you are acting a little extraordinary. Please use your responsibility carefully as I respect the admins. Ask Paul by mail how he handled this kind of issues.

Kind Regards,

sha're@KaZaA.

Cheese
01-16-2004, 05:21 AM
please2bestfu...

GCNaddict messes up, went public, got pwned, story ends.

edit: I love you IN...you make me share my thoughts openly :lol:

asmithz
01-16-2004, 05:31 AM
internet.news if you don't know the whole story then yo have no say. ;)

Thers a good reason why he got kicked off.

4th gen
01-16-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 January 2004 - 04:17
Paul would not do it
Paul has posted spammers/flamers/trolls IP's in the past... :)

asmithz
01-16-2004, 05:36 AM
The mods ran the board and made the decisions when paul was the admin. ;)

Cheese
01-16-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen+16 January 2004 - 04:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 16 January 2004 - 04:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@16 January 2004 - 04:17
Paul would not do it
Paul has posted spammers/flamers/trolls IP&#39;s in the past... :) [/b][/quote]
I love the admin (both old and new) :D :D :D

4play
01-16-2004, 05:38 AM
internet.news if you respect are admin so much as you have just posted in another thread why not respect his decision and wait for a public beta.

that way there will be no sneaking around. ;)

edit: just noticed im saying respect authority figures then i posted it and spotted my sig :P

internet.news
01-16-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Agent Smith@16 January 2004 - 06:31
internet.news if you don&#39;t know the whole story then yo have no say. ;)

I just need to share my thoughts so that you know what I think about it all.

;)

Cheese
01-16-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by internet.news+16 January 2004 - 04:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 16 January 2004 - 04:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smith@16 January 2004 - 06:31

;) [/b][/quote]
:01: :01: :01: Interweb.news :01: :01: :01:

asmithz
01-16-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese+15 January 2004 - 21:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 15 January 2004 - 21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by internet.news@16 January 2004 - 04:39
<!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smith@16 January 2004 - 06:31

;)
:01: :01: :01: Interweb.news :01: :01: :01: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7thElement
01-16-2004, 05:44 AM
internet.news if you don&#39;t know any background you should think twice before you post. I am sure that I am doing a good job and I am also sure that Paul / VB or any other team member agrees with my decision to answer a public question with a public reply.

If I would only care about my personal feelings I would just ban people that I don&#39;t like cause I could but as I am running a community I decide for the community without relaying on my "thoughts" as you would say.

The other topic was closed to end this discussion as GCN got a reply and the case was closed. If you ask me something in public then you should not fear the public answer. Another reason was to protect the member from flames as flaming makes no sense.

A different story would be if I ban a user just because he pissed on my leg. That would be a reason to think about an admin replacement as it is abuse.

My suggestion: Mind your own business as you are not much better (see beta application topic)

Thank you

As this topic is closed I&#39;ll add a few words from illuminati:

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=94273&hl=

Here&#39;s my extended word - Just put it at the end of your last post in the topic pls :)

I&#39;m adding this on 7th&#39;s last post because I wanted to add my part and 7th isn&#39;t allowing this to be re-opened.&nbsp; Don&#39;t start bitching about lack of freedom or anything - This is to be fair to sharedholder and the others who have had topics closed recently.&nbsp;

internet.news, I&#39;m gonna be blunt because quite frankly 7th isn&#39;t in a position where he&#39;s able to without getting personal - Your annoyance to many members is only skin-deep because of your recent posts.&nbsp; To be truthful the public openness annoys/creeps a few people out and makes you look like you worked in a Freeserve ad in the UK.&nbsp; What seriously pisses the admin, team and myself off is the stuff you do in the background.&nbsp; Even I&#39;m not going to go through some of the antics you&#39;ve had in the past (though the back-handed applying has leaked elsewhere) because it&#39;s the team mentality that even they are private and don&#39;t need to be said.&nbsp; Be thankful for that as I have no doubt that a few here would rip you apart if they knew, but take my words seriously when I say that they&#39;re making you so damn close to looking like some sort of apprentice to HypoLuxa or [SPAM] (Not Killa_Sin though - He made his problems but nothing compared to those kiddies <_<)

The fact of the matter was that two things were wrong - 1) GCNaddict impersonated another member, in this case me (which is a f***ing stupid thing to do BTW http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/furious.gif)&nbsp; 2) The action was made public when all SG testers have sworn secrecy on SwapGate-related activity.&nbsp; I don&#39;t think there&#39;s anyone who can dispute GCN&#39;s removal from the team as unfair, though to be honest I&#39;d have loved to have ripped the bugger apart.&nbsp; You say that he&#39;s human - Well the fact is that there&#39;s not a single person who can&#39;t tell that public impersonation is wrong, though I know a few kiddies in Soulseek who surprise me.&nbsp;

http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/ranting2.gif

I hate to say it, but the fact is that GCN still has the beta program.&nbsp; Luckily, 7th added an authentication system in the latest version that will not allow the program to start without the right code generated by a PC&#39;s unique hardware id & SG version.&nbsp; As soon as the next beta comes out (pretty soon), that version will be phased out.&nbsp; Anyone who&#39;s been interested in SG&#39;s development so far, don&#39;t worry as actions are being taken to ensure that this won&#39;t happen in a public release.&nbsp;

NOW this matter is closed&#33; :angry:

internet.news
01-16-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by 7thElement@16 January 2004 - 06:44
internet.news if you don&#39;t know any background you should think twice before you post. I am sure that I am doing a good job and I am also sure that Paul / VB or any other team member agrees with my decision to answer a public question with a public reply.

If I would only care about my personal feelings I would just ban people that I don&#39;t like cause I could but as I am running a community I decide for the community without relaying on my "thoughts" as you would say.

The other topic was closed to end this discussion as GCN got a reply and the case was closed. If you ask me something in public then you should not fear the public answer. Another reason was to protect the member from flames as flaming makes no sense.

A different story would be if I ban a user just because he pissed on my leg. That would be a reason to think about an admin replacement as it is abuse.

My suggestion: Mind your own business as you are not much better (see beta application topic)

Thank you
I am sure you are trying to do your best ;) as it also hard to make decisions,
you need a lot of courage to stand behind them...

Probably I always had Paul as an Admin and now a new, but no, it is ok ;) I just hope you - and I am sure now - you will use your responsibility objectively,

;) nice dreams...