PDA

View Full Version : I Am Dammed

boromad
01-16-2004, 04:49 PM
i am well and truely fucked i have to do a whole english coursework on shakespear without any notes @ all.

i have to answer this stupid question

"how does william shakespeare create tension in act 3 scene 1. discuss this in relation to characters language and structure."

if i dont i probly wont be entered for the finnal exam which i need to pass to get onto my collage course. im fucked.

oh well enough banter best try. (ive failed already)

Cheese
01-16-2004, 04:52 PM
What level? (gcse, a level...)

What play?

btw just be honest...you want help... :)

Spider_dude
01-16-2004, 04:53 PM
also roadsweepers earn good money for what they actually do. i remember my parents threatening me with being a roadsweeper.

Mr. Mulder
01-16-2004, 04:57 PM
shakespear

Who? :huh:

Cheese
01-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Arcadia@16 January 2004 - 15:57

shakespear

famous zulu warrior

Mr. Mulder
01-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+16 January 2004 - 16:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 16 January 2004 - 16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arcadia@16 January 2004 - 15:57

shakespear

famous zulu warrior [/b][/quote]
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/encyclopaedia/hutchinson/images/4145n009.jpg

Is this him? :huh:

boromad
01-16-2004, 05:11 PM
i know roadsweepers get money but i dont feel like picking condoms from off the pavement.

it romeo and julliet im doing. i wish i had a love in my life.

Cheese
01-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by boromad@16 January 2004 - 16:11
i know roadsweepers get money but i dont feel like picking condoms from off the pavement.

it romeo and julliet im doing. i wish i had a love in my life.
romeo and juliet...

what level gcse, a level , kindergarten?

how many words...?

boromad
01-16-2004, 05:15 PM
GCSE has to be about 2 pages.

Cheese
01-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by boromad@16 January 2004 - 16:15
GCSE has to be about 2 pages.
have you done anything so far? if so post it...

Marius24
01-16-2004, 05:22 PM
i can help you with this, i am 14 so i am doing my GCSEs although i am doing othello ATM not romeo and juliet. I hope i can help though :)

boromad
01-16-2004, 05:25 PM
all i have so far is the title

How does William Shakespeare create tension in act 3 scene 1. Discuss this in relation to characters language and structure.

it aint really fair it was meant to be done in year 10 but i was ill and no one in my class will share notes there all a bunch of cock jokeys.

i know i have to start with an introduction describing verona and the fued between capulets and what ever the other group were called

Cheese
01-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by boromad@16 January 2004 - 16:25
all i have so far is the title

How does William Shakespeare create tension in act 3 scene 1. Discuss this in relation to characters language and structure.

it aint really fair it was meant to be done in year 10 but i was ill and no one in my class will share notes there all a bunch of cock jokeys.

i know i have to start with an introduction describing verona and the fued between capulets and what ever the other group were called
Best advise i can give is to pick two or three quotes that you feel are important to the question and then build your answer around them.

I would write these quotes out and then brainstorm from there.

The trick with English is that you can write whatever you want but you have to back it up with evidence.

Introduction: Answer question briefly.

Middle part: Expand on the intro, provide evidence and use quotes.

Conclusion: re word intro.

If you get stuck google it and see what others have done with R+J essays, this always helps me when I get stuck on my essays.

boromad
01-16-2004, 05:31 PM
thanks for that
:rolleyes:

lynx
01-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Just tell them it&#39;s a load of bollocks.

Not shakespear, the question.

The thing to remember about Shakespear&#39;s work is that it was high quality satire. A sort of 16th century Spitting Image. Shakespear didn&#39;t indulge in some sort of writing competition which a lot of these questions seem to imply, he was part of a commercial venture the purpose of which was to entertain. If it didn&#39;t entertain, nobody came to watch and they didn&#39;t make any money.

My advise is to attack the question, and show it for the tripe it is.

Edit: Then apply for that roadsweeper&#39;s job. :lol:

namzuf9
01-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by lynx@16 January 2004 - 19:14
Just tell them it&#39;s a load of bollocks.

Not shakespear, the question.

The thing to remember about Shakespear&#39;s work is that it was high quality satire. A sort of 16th century Spitting Image. Shakespear didn&#39;t indulge in some sort of writing competition which a lot of these questions seem to imply, he was part of a commercial venture the purpose of which was to entertain. If it didn&#39;t entertain, nobody came to watch and they didn&#39;t make any money.

My advise is to attack the question, and show it for the tripe it is.

Edit: Then apply for that roadsweeper&#39;s job. :lol:
This is exactly how I felt about Shakespeare when I was at school.
I was constantly questioning the questions set. The deeper meaning they tell you is behind half of his works is a load of crap.
Of course I ended up with detention to discuss this in greater detail on a lot of occasions and what did that teach me?
Dont voice an opinion and conform :angry:

Gemby!
01-16-2004, 08:03 PM
a roadsweeper once shouted at me and my mate while we were at lunch on work experience - he thought we got loadsa money and shouted what he got :P

kinda scary :blink:

wolverine_x
01-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Pay Site (http://www.coursework.info/i/13969.html)
Free, but you have to sign up (http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/romeojuliet/) (from what i remember)