PDA

View Full Version : Correct Grammar And Spelling In Your Posts?

internet.news
01-16-2004, 06:44 PM
I see people in many forums - not only here - whose posts often does not have properly spelling in their language. Actually, I understand this cause as I am on Dialup, I write some of my threads very fast, so there maybe mistakes.

But if I want to help New Member and want to make a serious impression, I try to correct all the mistakes as far as possible. Cause I am aware that mistakes and fast-written-threads (short: FWT) could lead to a unserious impression.

What d'you think about this hot issue?

Virtualbody1234
01-16-2004, 07:46 PM
What does dialup have to do with this?

7thElement
01-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Moved as it has nothing to do with

Everything related to this board

Cheese
01-16-2004, 08:10 PM
What d'you think about this hot issue?

Yeah, sometimes I am kept awake at night by this issue.

JONNO_CELEBS
01-16-2004, 08:11 PM
I haev no idae what yuo are torking abowt :unsure:

Jonno B)

Cheese
01-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@16 January 2004 - 19:11
I haev no idae what yuo are torking abowt :unsure:

Jonno B)
please 2 be repotting taht.

JONNO_CELEBS
01-16-2004, 08:15 PM
I cant undrestamd what yuo sayign chwichesse :blink:

Jommi B)

Spider_dude
01-16-2004, 08:22 PM
internewt your grammar is the worst i have ever seen.

<TROUBLE^MAKER>
01-16-2004, 08:23 PM
http://www.trust.com/_images/products/150/12022.gif

Is wyerlez ceybords folt.

wolverine_x
01-16-2004, 08:25 PM
http://www.flamehq.com/albums/wpw-3b/are_u_on_drugs.jpg

ninjamonkey
01-16-2004, 08:28 PM
waht? :blink:

uNz[i]
01-16-2004, 08:41 PM
What d&#39;you think about this hot issue?

I think I have more worthwhile things to think about. :rolleyes:

I also think that you&#39;ve started to run out of "thoughts to share openly" and now you&#39;re scraping the bottom of the barrel. :lol:

Nightwolf
01-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 January 2004 - 13:44
I see people in many forums - not only here - whose posts often does not have properly spelling in their language. Actually, I understand this cause as I am on Dialup, I write some of my threads very fast, so there maybe mistakes.

But if I want to help New Member and want to make a serious impression, I try to correct all the mistakes as far as possible. Cause I am aware that mistakes and fast-written-threads (short: FWT) could lead to a unserious impression.

I think that even though you edited this post, it&#39;s still full of mistakes and bad grammar. :P

Just read the first sentence out loud and see if it makes sense. Or is that how you speak as well?

DanB
01-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@16 January 2004 - 21:10

Yeah, sometimes I am kept awake at night by this issue.
Tahkn oyu for sharnig thta

deerslayer
01-17-2004, 01:23 AM
internet.news --- good post, sorry about most of the other comments; believe you meant well. B)

ButWay
01-17-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 January 2004 - 18:44

You are kidding right? some sort of self irony

ghetto_gurl
01-17-2004, 03:22 AM
get a life

Mr. Blunt
01-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Can internet.news&#39;s posts get any more dumb?

Most likely. :D

infamousalbo101
01-17-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by deerslayer@16 January 2004 - 21:23
internet.news --- good post, sorry about most of the other comments; believe you meant well. B)
And you sir...stfu :)

Cheese
01-17-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by deerslayer@17 January 2004 - 00:23
please 2 be not apologizing on my behalf.

4th gen
01-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 January 2004 - 17:44

this Fokker&#39;s going down :angry:

:)

deerslayer
01-17-2004, 05:33 AM
what is STFU?

[B][O][T]
01-17-2004, 05:37 AM
Shut The Fuck Up

BOT

4th gen
01-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by deerslayer@17 January 2004 - 04:33
what is STFU?
Shut The F*ck Up :)

deerslayer
01-17-2004, 06:00 AM
thx 4 the answer. could we all chill?

4th gen
01-17-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by deerslayer@17 January 2004 - 05:00
thx 4 the answer. could we all chill?
STFU :angry:

(just kidding) :)

Joakim Agren
01-17-2004, 07:50 AM
Hello&#33;

Ofcourse internet.news are doing these posts on purpose as he seems to enjoy irritating people&#33;. :lol:

But I think it is important not make a big fuss about spelling on International forums due to its International nature which means that it is populated by people who&#39;s native tongue language is not English. The only requirement should be that the post are atleast understandable.

There are certain country&#39;s in Europe in which the English language is actually faught against by their politicians. They believe that their countrys national distinction and traditions are at risk by implementing a good understanding for a foreign language especially english.

France is the worst it is very hard to find english speeking frenchmen there, very frustrating to be a tourist there due to this reason&#33;.

Germany is not that bad compared to France but Germany is still reluctant to embrace the English language and it can be hard to become understood there as a english speaking tourist. It is not suprising that they are not so good at english as they rarely hears any english, all their english/american shows and movies on TV are dubbed to German and I dont know about the Cinema but I guess maybe there is 2 versions of every movie one that is dubbed and one that is not but maybe I am wrong I&#39;m not sure but maybe there is only or almost only dubbed versions there aswell just as on TV.

But as I said we should not have to high standards here as it is International&#33;

Notice&#33;

I am not beeing judgemental towards Frenchmen nor Germans there is exceptions and some do speak and write good or even great English but in general poor English is the rule&#33;.

When it comes to interent.news english skills, it is not the worst that I have seen for Germans atleast he can write it semiunderstandable some germans just give up and avoid the english language all togheter&#33;.

thewizeard
01-17-2004, 08:09 AM

It is not only "the spelling" that is important.

Sometimes it seems as if you are using a machine translator in your posts here...

edit: most times&#33;

deerslayer
01-17-2004, 08:09 AM
Joakim: Vielen Dank/dank U vell/tusen tack foer det/thx B)

thewizeard
01-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Joakim Agren@17 January 2004 - 07:50
Hello&#33;

Ofcourse internet.news are doing these posts on purpose as he seems to enjoy irritating people&#33;. :lol:

But I think it is important not make a big fuss about spelling on International forums due to its International nature which means that it is populated by people who&#39;s native tongue language is not English. The only requirement should be that the post are atleast understandable.

There are certain country&#39;s in Europe in which the English language is actually faught against by their politicians. They believe that their countrys national distinction and traditions are at risk by implementing a good understanding for a foreign language especially english.

France is the worst it is very hard to find english speeking frenchmen there, very frustrating to be a tourist there due to this reason&#33;.

Germany is not that bad compared to France but Germany is still reluctant to embrace the English language and it can be hard to become understood there as a english speaking tourist. It is not suprising that they are not so good at english as they rarely hears any english, all their english/american shows and movies on TV are dubbed to German and I dont know about the Cinema but I guess maybe there is 2 versions of every movie one that is dubbed and one that is not but maybe I am wrong I&#39;m not sure but maybe there is only or almost only dubbed versions there aswell just as on TV.

But as I said we should not have to high standards here as it is International&#33;

Notice&#33;

I am not beeing judgemental towards Frenchmen nor Germans there is exceptions and some do speak and write good or even great English but in general poor English is the rule&#33;.

When it comes to interent.news english skills, it is not the worst that I have seen for Germans atleast he can write it semiunderstandable some germans just give up and avoid the english language all togheter&#33;.
Of course the English and the French are very lazy with regards to learning other languages....

J'Pol
01-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Why would I learn another language. The internet is in English.

Those small parts which are not are of no consequence anyway.

Yogi
01-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@17 January 2004 - 16:17

You speak english, JPol???? :o

Allways thought you spoke vulcan..........

:lol:
Yogs

J'Pol
01-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+17 January 2004 - 15:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 17 January 2004 - 15:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@17 January 2004 - 16:17

You speak english, JPol???? :o

Allways thought you spoke vulcan..........

:lol:
Yogs [/b][/quote]
No I speak English.

Vulcan is obviously my native tongue, as I suspect it is for a few other people here.

thewizeard
01-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@17 January 2004 - 14:17

Of course the English and the French are very lazy with regards to learning other languages....

@ the Scottish are apparently lazy too... :lol:

J'Pol
01-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by nigel123+17 January 2004 - 16:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 17 January 2004 - 16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@17 January 2004 - 14:17

@ the Scottish are apparently lazy too... :lol: [/b][/quote]
:sleeping:

Flange
01-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Wake up you old bugger :lol: .

UKMan
01-17-2004, 05:47 PM
As this thread is about correct grammar and spelling:

Is a new language in the making - Internet language??
A mixture of slang and phrases in a soup of other slangs and expressions??

What would it be called in that case??

God help the dictionary makers in that case :(

Peace
UKMan

Samurai
01-17-2004, 06:48 PM
This amuses me...

Firstly, I never said a word when I saw this post by internet.news

Sorry, 7th Element you are right, it might made the impression on you that with asking other ppl for SwapGate disrespecting you? I respect you, and I only did this because I am a person who normally don&#39;t want to wait long until you read my apply. Sorry, I know NOW I could nothing expect of you. I just want to say sorry.

nice dreams...

Now we are supposed to listen to you regarding our posts lol

I recommend taking your own advice my friend... oh and "nice dreams" too :D

brotherdoobie
01-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by wolverine_x@16 January 2004 - 15:25
http://www.flamehq.com/albums/wpw-3b/are_u_on_drugs.jpg
Yes.

Peace brotherdoobie

internet.news
01-18-2004, 12:52 AM
To the one post mentioning movie versions in germany:

Here in Nuremberg there are in normal cinema German versions and in a cinema called Roxy there is the english version shown. What is interesting of some movies I love the english version more like Contact - Jodie Fosters original voice sounds better. What is as well interesting is my experience that the voice of an actor in the original movie sounds similar often like the "dubbed" version.

Can someone tell me, how german movies are shown in United States? Are they "dubbed" with english voices? Would interest me as I&#39;ve never been in an US cinema.

I also want to mention that some movies which are not dubbed in germany - they have subtitles. That is as well interesting.

To my english: I try to write as I think - to use not always same words I have some words on mind which means the similar - so there maybe mistakes. But I am always happy if someone will inform me about my mistakes and how I can say it better ;) just PM me. In my english tests I also am writing just as I am thinking - I was never really good at grammar, but I try as best as I can.

I also understand some french, mais seulement un petit peux. Mais vous pouvez essayer de parler a moi en francais aussi. [ ... but only a few. But you also can try speaking to me in french.]

If I am talking in another language I try to translate as far as possible.

I also understand polish as I have relative in Poland - but I write polish as I hear.
With my cousin I am talking partly in polish, partly in english.

thanks and nice/sweet dreams...

DanB
01-18-2004, 12:57 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

German films don&#39;t really tend to come oput in the cinemas here :unsure:

deerslayer
01-18-2004, 01:15 AM
internet.news - sehr gut, wieder gepostet. yr english is 100x better than most folks who try german. alles gute, adieu B)

Spindulik
01-18-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 January 2004 - 14:44
...my threads very fast, so there maybe mistakes.

Is that "maybe" or "may be"?

Okay, I use a tiny program called ieSpell, to correct my spelling, but my grammar is not very good at times.

DreamWeaver
01-18-2004, 05:43 AM
seeing how nobodys perfect .... i never knew of a perfect person in my life ...
i dont see the point in even spell checkin a post { takes to much time } ....
ppl should be happy sumone responded to the thread ... and not all worried if its spelled right .... im tryin to think on why that would be so important .... if u can understand it then no harm done ... remember ppl its just a post .....

:frusty:

Spindulik
01-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by DreamWeaver@18 January 2004 - 01:43

...i dont see the point in even spell checkin a post { takes to much time } ....

What? Right clicking and instantly checking takes too much time?

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nvj6/swk/check.jpg

DreamWeaver
01-18-2004, 05:53 AM
since i dont have a spell checking proggie yea it would ........
and downloading one would be pointless

sparsely
01-18-2004, 06:25 AM
:frusty: :helpsmile: :smilie4: just use smilies.
you can never spell em wrong.
:P :rolleyes: <_< :( :unsure: :) :huh: :o :ph34r: :01: :music1: :ghostface:

Spindulik
01-18-2004, 06:28 AM
;)

sparsely
01-18-2004, 06:28 AM
:o

Nightwolf
01-18-2004, 09:00 AM
I always preview my posts, and often (though not always) use ieSpell just to make sure my messages make as much sense as possible. I think it helps to more accurately convey your meaning, as well as to avoid sounding like a blithering idiot with poor communication skills.

Spindulik
01-18-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@18 January 2004 - 02:28
;)

Nobody noticed that I edited that smiley reply?

[B][O][T]
01-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Not until now :blink: :frusty:

Mad Cat
01-18-2004, 05:07 PM

Bold = Grammar mistake(s).
Italics = Not real word/contraction.
Bold and Italics = You should really use commas for clauses.

EDIT: You just made that FWT thing up now didn&#39;t you... :rolleyes: