PDA

View Full Version : Questions

sharedholder
01-17-2004, 08:56 PM
I leave this forum for many reasons, first i don't forget when i posted a topic about my old site stoled by a member of this forum and my topic was deleted about any reasons and replies, this thing was long discussed in the mods chat and the result was '' case closed '' but i know by who my topic was closed and why .Then all this usless fights between mods and members for personal reasons and finishing with the topic closed or with the member banned only for mods personal reasons and feelings. Then all the topics asking about forum changes ( admins, the main site ,etc..) was closed or deleted , why this secrecy ? What you are tring to hide ?Too many questions without a reply. I know you will say i'm paranoid but is not true and i have the proves ( check the links bellow) .Then the last thing it was my topic about bittorent and The Rules was changed AFTER I POSTED MY TOPIC ! Is this fair ????? And i have the proves again.Too bad because i really love this forum and his members and you know that almoust all my sites are about k-lite i support it and i helped this board a lot i guess, but like i said the things are changed and this is a very bad thing,Don't try to delete all this post like you did before , or delete the links because is usless, the members of this board ( the old members) already know the truth and are not stupids.Thank you again.I will miss you all, bad or goods. :) :( :( :(

Forum rules posted by VB this rules was ok until yesterday.
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=15237
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=73613

Bittorent World ? me asking about a bittorent section , topic deleted.
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=41227

Are Bittorent Links Allowed?, as to rule number 8
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=53772

Darker & TheMusicMan
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=64540
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=64205

Why Was Thread Closed?, Given The Circumstances...Virtualbody1234 asking about the main site
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=86937

Interesting ERROR403 REPLY
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=88811&st=15

Sorry posting this here but i didn't send a pm because i'm afraid i will got no reply to my questions.

7thElement
01-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Sharedholder...

to me it seems like you are looking to find reasons to leave cause you always got answers.

I will post a few of them in public since I always kept a copy.

Changing the rules (PM sent yesterday)

sharedholder I really don't understand the problem. It is a known thing that torrent links are not allowed (even Paul answered this question).

A few mods were confused about the rules and some did believe that it is allowed. After a discussion in our team chat I decided to rewrite the rules to make it 100 % clear. I think that's the best thing that I can do because all members will know if it is a no or a yes.

As you are a very active member I am pretty sure that you know about torrent links because you decided to use the code feature to post them instead to link directly. That's simply a way to get around unwritten rules but it seems like unwritten rules don't work if I see things that are happening lately.

I am not a big fan of rules but if people start to "get around" then I simply have to take care and make clear that there is a problem.

You are right I decided to add the new part after your post was discussed but that's not because you are not welcome - it's because people will use your post as reference to start new topics and then complain that you could post a torrent and they couldn't.

Board rules apply to all members, mods and admins - no exceptions will be made.

As for the rules
Guideline changes are discussed in the team chat first if it comes to major changes. I don't see your point posting links to the old ones as boards grow and guidelines need to change.

Admin changes / Website changes
It seems like you really don't care about what's going on or why some things change. Sometimes you have to choose the way you want to go and Paul did choose to stop the development for a reason. Life is more important than the risk to get sued just because he wanted to help the community with a great file sharing
program.

I don't think it is very fair if you attack him indirectly as he did a hell of a job and he has a right to enjoy privacy too. If you don't agree with him about why he left then you don't respect his privacy.

The old host / TheMusicman
How many people change their name ? Many do. I don't know the reason as I didn't talk to him for a long time but I know that even old hosts should have their right to do what they want.

I respect you as a member since you are a helpful person but I also think that you are on a ego trip and trying to find reasons to complain which is not very nice and respectful.

Marc

sharedholder
01-17-2004, 09:19 PM
You didn't reply to my first question:

first i don't forget when i posted a topic about my old site stoled by a member of this forum and my topic was deleted about any reasons and replies, this thing was long discussed in the mods chat and the result was '' case closed ''

Thank you.

Rat Faced
01-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Shared holder, there is a reason we cant take BT "Hashes"..

A fastrack Hash is a discription of the file...its just like talking about it, no one can stop us.

The "Hash"'s that you posted (BT) also say exactly where the file is. We dont think we'd be able to get away with this on the board. I agree with this stance unfortunatly....i'd like nothing better than to be able to post BT links and IRC links directly..we just cant get away with it :'(

I hope you dont leave; i for one have a huge amount of respect for you and consider you one of our most capable members. :(

7thElement
01-17-2004, 09:26 PM
sharedholder what do you expect us to do if somebody grabs a copy of your website ?

Do you expect us to ban the member because he violated your copyright ? That would be like banning a member because he broke up his relationship to another member. We cannot d anything against it because we are not the copyright police.

I am not aware of this issue (maybe because I wasn't an admin back then) so I cannot say if something went wrong or not. The only thing that I know is that I always reply to PM's even if it can take a while due the masses of PM's. Hell I even start polls for members if they ask me to.

Keep in mind that copyright issues are a personal thing and we cannot deal with them. We have no authority over our members and cannot force them to do whatever we say. Just think about internet.news or other people which copy content / images or even streams without to ask. Look at people like Kazaa Gold or Pro who sell a free product.

There is nothing we can do about it.

I think you are taking things too serious because there is nobody following you just to annoy you. If mod's bring issues up I have to find a way to get rid of problems.

You are a respected member and I don't see any valid reason why you feel insulted by our mod's actions.

Marc

DWk
01-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@17 January 2004 - 14:25
The "Hash"'s that you posted (BT) also say exactly where the file is.
What happens if you post an actual bittorrent hash?

Rat Faced
01-17-2004, 09:36 PM
It will be deleted, as its like having a DDL link :(

The most you can do is say something like "available now on Supranova"..or wherever, with the filename..if you put the link or alter it slightly so people can still make out the URL, it will be deleted/edited.

There is nothing stopping you linking to Supranova etc...that is not our site and we are not responsible for what is done there.

DWk
01-17-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm talking about a bittorrent hash and not a bittorrent link (a link to a torrent file).

Lamsey
01-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by DWk@17 January 2004 - 20:37
I'm talking about a bittorrent hash and not a bittorrent link (a link to a torrent file).
Same thing applies.

Am I the only one who laughed when 7th said we weren't the copyright police? Damn straight we're not :lol:

Rat Faced
01-17-2004, 09:48 PM
first i don't forget when i posted a topic about my old site stoled by a member of this forum

We cant stop them stealing this board, so how do we stop them stealing yours? :(

wormless
01-17-2004, 09:55 PM
yea share im with you i understand yr view but i also understand the mods and admins they dont wan t k-lite/file sharing talk get in trouble and i wont respond now and i did laugh at k-lite police :lol: :lol: ;)

vivitron 15
01-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@17 January 2004 - 21:44
Am I the only one who laughed when 7th said we weren't the copyright police? Damn straight we're not :lol:
with ya mate.......but would anyone here do anything breaching copyright? :helpsmile: :01:

Mr. Blunt
01-17-2004, 10:13 PM
We just gotta face it. The board isn't the same as it used to be.

He have the good changes to the board, but also came along the bad ones.

evildon
01-30-2004, 06:08 AM
I hope Share doesn't leave in my brief exposure the user shas been helpful and reasonable ....

I understand that the largest growing pains of all this is that this forum has had to go from a kinda radical anarchist kazaa filesharing forum to a kinda as squeaky clean as we can make it filesharing forum...

I.am
01-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by evildon@29 January 2004 - 23:08
I hope Share doesn't leave in my brief exposure the user shas been helpful and reasonable ....

I understand that the largest growing pains of all this is that this forum has had to go from a kinda radical anarchist kazaa filesharing forum to a kinda as squeaky clean as we can make it filesharing forum...
He is not going to leave us :)

shn
01-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by evildon@30 January 2004 - 00:08

Old news.................leave this topic where you found it.

Resolved

Askjeevesbot
01-31-2004, 10:42 PM
Do you expect us to ban the member because he violated your copyright ? That would be like banning a member because he broke up his relationship to another member

Thats funny because those two this are nothing alike and i hope sh doesn't leave he brings ood stuff to this board well if he does i hope he goes to mine :lol:

Virtualbody1234
02-01-2004, 02:46 AM
There isn't much I can say but I hope you stay, sh.

evildon
02-04-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by shn+30 January 2004 - 06:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 30 January 2004 - 06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-evildon@30 January 2004 - 00:08
I hope Share doesn&#39;t leave in my brief exposure the user shas been helpful and reasonable ....

I understand that the largest growing pains of all this is that this&nbsp; forum has had to go from a kinda radical anarchist kazaa filesharing forum to a kinda as squeaky clean as we can make it filesharing forum...
Old news.................leave this topic where you found it.

Resolved [/b][/quote]
Guess we should close this one then?

Glad to read it...