PDA

View Full Version : Im A New Member And I Can't Except Pm's

Ben Hayes
01-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Hi i joined the board about a week ago because a friend suggested it to me as a great resource to use when having problems with your computer.

When you post something is there a place where it goes for easy access a collection of all the posts that a user has done.

PM
i posted a topic asking for information on a topic, wishing for anyone who saw it to PM me, this is the way my friend suggested. due to the nature of the information i was asking for. where do the PM's go, (i would ask my friend but he is not home at the moment) and it told me that i can't PM because i do not have enough posts, what is the required amount?

Any information helping me would be great!

Ben

muchspl2
01-18-2004, 12:01 AM
I believe its 5 post
should just ask you question in software or hardware world

vivitron 15
01-18-2004, 12:10 AM
i suggest replying to this topic....erm how dyou find us?

[B][O][T]
01-18-2004, 12:17 AM
When you post something is there a place where it goes for easy access a collection of all the posts that a user has done.

Click a members profile and click "Find all posts by this member".

PM
i posted a topic asking for information on a topic, wishing for anyone who saw it to PM me, this is the way my friend suggested. due to the nature of the information i was asking for. where do the PM's go, (i would ask my friend but he is not home at the moment) and it told me that i can't PM because i do not have enough posts, what is the required amount?

You'll need 5 posts before You can use the PM system.

Welcome aBoard :)

BOT

internet.news
01-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Ben Hayes@18 January 2004 - 00:59
Hi i joined the board about a week ago because a friend suggested it to me as a great resource to use when having problems with your computer.

PM

Any information helping me would be great!

Ben
You can click on a Users name to view the posts of this User.

Yes, this board is a really nice place and there are nice opened people ;)

Adster
01-18-2004, 08:08 AM
With this bullshit about Post counts

Why doesn't;t 7th give a member the option to turn the dam thing off or on

that way you can keep everyone happy

uNz[i]
01-18-2004, 08:17 AM
I think a minimum of 5 posts before being able to PM is a great idea.
Think of all the zero post members who don't contribute in any way whatsoever.

Why should they have full access to the functionality of this board when all they're doing is the forum equivalent of leaching?

Edit: btw, please don't think this little rant is aimed at you, Ben Hayes.
That's not my intention. Welcome to the board and keep on postin' :D

Adster
01-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by uNz[i]@18 January 2004 - 18:17
I think a minimum of 5 posts before being able to PM is a great idea.

Why should they have full access to the functionality of this board when all they're doing is the forum equivalent of leaching?

Edit: btw, please don't think this little rant is aimed at you, Ben Hayes.
That's not my intention. Welcome to the board and keep on postin' :D
yeah

been discussed before its so members don't spam with PMs
at least with 5 posts the mods will get their address :devil:

Sparkle1984
01-19-2004, 07:51 PM

I think it's unfortunate you have such a distrust of zero post members. Why does it matter if they just want to read the forum and not write any or many messages? It's not as if they are harming anyone else. It's just like someone listening to a conversation in an open place, but not doing any speaking themselves.

I am a member of several different online forums, and I don't have time to contribute to them all (this is my favourite forum, by the way), so I just read them occasionally.

uNz[i]
01-21-2004, 03:46 AM
No no no. :nono: You misunderstand me.

I don't distrust them at all. I quite understand that some people would feel intimidated by what goes on in this forum sometimes, or that they simply don't have the time or inclination to post.

I merely think that if folks want access to the full features of the forum (like PMs for example), then they should be obliged to contribute.
That's all I I meant. If you'd bothered to read my entire post instead of going off half cocked, it would have been perfectly clear.

By the way, I don't know about you Sparkle, but my definition of people who listen in on other folk's conversations without taking part is "Eavesdroppers" or "FBI agents". You can take that to mean whatever you want.

:P ;)

darkforums
01-22-2004, 02:32 PM
why do u need to have 5 posts to use pm

[B][O][T]
01-22-2004, 02:39 PM
I PM'd You earlier, told You to stop advertising Your forum.
I forgot that You'll need 5 posts ;) before using it.

BOT

ZeroTolerance
01-23-2004, 11:03 PM
nice method for noob's