PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Using Shadow's And Sygate Together?

jackchan
01-21-2004, 12:16 AM
I recently switched from Norton PF which I was able to get BT speeds of 100k+. Now that I switched to Sygate, it stays at 45-.

For NortonPF I didn't have to set anything (which I guess is a bad thing), unlike Sygate, where I have to tell it to accept it or not.

For those that use this F/W, what settings do you use to keep you speeds up? Any suggestions?

wienerschnitzel
01-21-2004, 11:58 AM
After I told sygate that shadows could access the net I noticed no difference in speeds from when I didn't have sygate installed.

How many different torrents have you tried since you installed sygate?

Benno
01-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Same here i told it to accept and max out my connection almost with every torrent, though thats just about 30KB

jackchan
01-22-2004, 11:02 AM
I have tested around 15 + torrents with various seeders and dlers, between 5 min. to 1+ hours.

Is this setup right:

I clicked on "Application Configuration" for BT on this F/W, and set the TCP ports up.

I also made an "Advanced Rule" and set the ports up there as well for in/out traffic.

That's basically it. Do I need that Advanced Rule? And it couldn't be something within the security options could it?

:confused:

Benno
01-22-2004, 11:27 AM
you dont need to do anything manually, delete everything connected to bittorent and next time you start a download a window should pop up asking if BT is allowed to connect, click on yes and check remember answer. That should do it.