PDA

View Full Version : Our Wonderful Admin

isamma
01-21-2004, 12:19 AM
I am posting this here because I feel very sad about this admin
He is kicking my posts to other place automatically for no reason but being me who post the post

I feel we need our freedom and we need new understanding admin or is this forum for Sherman networks

If this post is going to be blocked, that mean he is mr Sherman himself :P :blink: B)

Entity101
01-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Then post in the correct location.

Dev's corner is only for actual development. All development related discussions should be in the general discussion section of development.

If you don't like it, then go away and never come back.

J'Pol
01-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Error403@21 January 2004 - 01:27
Then post in the correct location.

If you don't like it, then go away and never come back.
That's a bit h4r5h.

internet.news
01-21-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by isamma@21 January 2004 - 01:19
He is kicking my posts to other place automatically for no reason but being me who post the post

I feel we need our freedom and we need new understanding admin or is this forum for Sherman networks

If this post is going to be blocked, that mean he is mr Sherman himself :P  :blink:  B)
Although if this is sad fact for you, the Admin is also just a human.

I for myself am sharing my thoughts openly, but can't expect anything of other ppl as they are just humans.

Error: I thing "never come back" is a little extreme extraordinary said, as he is just human as well.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-21-2004, 12:34 AM
;) Evrybody Post everything in the Lounge now because of all the People that hang there.

The MODs need to step it up and start Moveing Threads to the right Location.

wormless
01-21-2004, 12:40 AM
error an admin telling people to go away sounds like my workplace :lol:

Entity101
01-21-2004, 12:41 AM
That's a bit h4r5h.

Well, it's not the first time isamma is bitching about things.

DreamWeaver
01-21-2004, 12:47 AM
Error403 Posted on 21 January 2004 - 00:41

That's a bit h4r5h.

Well, it's not the first time isamma is bitching about things.

well last i heard its freedom of speach aint it ..... free world .....
to me yea it is a bit harsh .........
round bout the same reason i went the fuck off the last time .... to many rules to much bull shit .... u treat ppl how u wana be treated if u cant deal with it then u should leave ... do u like being told that ? .... i bet not .. i also bet he dosent like being told to leave being a reg. poster.... wouldnt u think ? .... of coarse this is just me speaking my mind ..... are u gona kick that to ?

Entity101
01-21-2004, 12:58 AM
There is a difference in blocking freedom of speech and moving topics. All I did was move his topic to the correct section.

And why should I treat him with respect if he doesn't do the same for me?

namzuf9
01-21-2004, 01:03 AM
What is up with this place recently, people seem to be flaming left, right and centre! Where's teh love?

Mullyman
01-21-2004, 01:03 AM
I thought the idea for forums was to bitch..seek advice...offer advice..and share ideas and opinions and to keep people who use the internet from all around the world of what is going on....am i wrong?..or is this forum different! :devil: "Freedom of speech for everyone" :beerchug:

7thElement
01-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Looks like i am finally no longer the only harsh admin :) *grins* I better shut up now or new "Where is Paul" topics show up since we (the new admins) suck so much :P

Rip The Jacker
01-21-2004, 01:40 AM
Wow.....

isamma has been here for almost 6 months and he/she still can't post in the correct section.....

Is it really that hard?

internet.news
01-21-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by namzuf9@21 January 2004 - 02:03
What is up with this place recently, people seem to be flaming left, right and centre! Where's teh love?
I only can speak for myself - all the other ppl, I respecting them as everyone has wonderful characters on his or her own as everyone is just human. - I am trying to telling openly what I am thinking - if it is possible a way that does not hurt.

You might be right, I've got a little the impression there was more "love" in some ways with Paul. Maybe... But Error is just a human as well, isn't he ;)

DRACOJOE2
01-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by isamma@21 January 2004 - 00:19

If this post is going to be blocked, that mean he is mr Sherman himself :P :blink: B)
7th is right about isamma doing his bitching in the devs corner. I think he needs to post elsewhere and just read only in this section. I have read a few of his threads and came to the same conclusion as 7th. :D

7thElement
01-21-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by DRACOJOE2+21 January 2004 - 01:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DRACOJOE2 @ 21 January 2004 - 01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-isamma@21 January 2004 - 00:19

If this post is going to be blocked, that mean he is mr Sherman himself :P&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; B)
7th is right about isamma doing his bitching in the devs corner. I think he needs to post elsewhere and just read only in this section. I have read a few of his threads and came to the same conclusion as 7th. :D [/b][/quote]
I think you mean Error cause I don&#39;t touch much topics cause our mods do a hell of a job already *grins*

internet.news
01-21-2004, 01:56 AM
As Isamma is just human, I can&#39;t expect it from him. But: He should keep in mind that many many posts could slow down the whole board. And many of us use this board to share fast thoughts openly. ;)

Mïcrösöül°V³
01-21-2004, 07:16 AM
error moved my topic from the dev section without even putting a "moved" topic in its place, but i dont care. :D i think the admins do the best they can, and ive seen the admins take an ass chewing without even getting indignant about it. now thats what i call self control. i enjoy this board, and i have ZERO complaints, tho i hope isamma finds some peace somewhere. :flowers:

Entity101
01-21-2004, 02:33 PM
The reason why we don&#39;t use the "moved" links so much is because they tend to create a big mess.

Everyone can easily find their own (or others) posts by clicking on their username and then on &#39;show all posts by this user&#39;.

CornerPocket
01-21-2004, 03:14 PM
This &#39;Freedom of Speech&#39; gets thrown in our faces allot. It&#39;s always complaints, complaints, complaints. We do our job, we get slammed with &#39;too enforcing&#39;, we ease back, we get hit with &#39;too soft&#39;. Either way complaints come from both sides of the field, time to grow up people.

&#39;Freedom of Speech&#39;, yeah have it, do it, write it and post it. Just post in the correct location, not hard to figure that out. It will get moved if posted in the wrong section...period&#33;

It&#39;s been mention to use members post to find a post if it has been moved. I think everyone knows that feature, as for n00bs, well maybe the 1st few moves will include the forward link (with me anyway), after a few the thought is hopefully they catch on and then just likes others without a link.

Nearly every forum will have a set of rules telling what to expect or what will happen if not abided by, we have ours and we try to keep within. So for those of you who cannot or will not abide within and want to post erradically, maybe this is not the place for you. You can probably find a place out there that doesn&#39;t give a rats ass what or where you post, but here we do, so expect action as needed.

The Mods/Admins will take the ridicule, hits, punches, name calling and whatever else you want to throw at us, but know one thing.........we aren&#39;t going anywhere. :01:

peace,
"CP" B)

isamma
01-21-2004, 03:17 PM
making a start page for K-Lite 2.6 was my crime is that in development or not

and as i think my error403 was very nazi saying go away if you don&#39;t like it :P :frusty: :huh: B)

CornerPocket
01-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Making a start page may have been a decent reason to post, but reviewing several others would lead me to move post as well. I see lots of post related to "My website" or questions related to KL that would not pertain to actual Dev. ;)

Just take it in stride, if it&#39;s actually Dev issues, than post it, if you want to ask question about certain things do it in the appropriate section, not hard..............really simple. :rolleyes:

isamma
01-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket@21 January 2004 - 15:28
Making a start page may have been a decent reason to post, but reviewing several others would lead me to move post as well. I see lots of post related to "My website" or questions related to KL that would not pertain to actual Dev. ;)

Just take it in stride, if it&#39;s actually Dev issues, than post it, if you want to ask question about certain things do it in the appropriate section, not hard..............really simple. :rolleyes:
One of the most demanding things in K-Lite 2.6 was creating nonblank start page and that was my work around this problem which is in the development
Of K-Lite 2.6 ,and if you have being around you can seethat it is one of the most demanding things, I don&#39;t ask any thing but rather to solve a problem in development of K-Lite2.6 so am I Wright or what???????????????????? ;)
:unsure: :-" o:) B)

Entity101
01-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Startpages don&#39;t belong in Dev&#39;s Corner. Certainly not in their own topics.

RGX
01-21-2004, 04:46 PM
internet news : STOP SAYING EVERYONE IS JUST HUMAN IN EVERY SENTENCE&#33; :P

Sorry, thought i would jump on the flaming bandwagon...carry on

CornerPocket
01-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Well there you have it isamma, so I suppose something of that nature may be better fit in the &#39;Tips&#39; section.

Flaming, no bad thing ;) .........keep postings related to topic, think it has been pretty much answered though.

Entity101
01-21-2004, 05:04 PM
so I suppose something of that nature may be better fit in the &#39;Tips&#39; section.
General Development Discussion would be the best place. Or webdevelopment in InternetWorld.

isamma
01-21-2004, 11:31 PM
This topic (solving start page problem in k-lite 2.6) is related to K-Lite 2.6 only and if it&#39;s going to be far from that subject then no one will benefit from it ok ;)
It is a branch of k-lite 2.6 development ok ;)
So putting it else where will make it difficult for users and developers to track changes ok ;)

:helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: B)

Vargas
01-22-2004, 12:34 AM
And i posted my "how to start page" in General KL Discussion so guests could benifit from it. :P

EDIT: and you forgot to mention you will need to reconfigure abyss to listen on nonstandard port 8000 to work

Jayhawk
01-22-2004, 12:53 AM
people just need to sit back and relax lay off the admins and mods. they do what they can and what they feel is appropriate. They are given the power to make the decision. Also that whole part about freedom of speech is BS. Because they did not limit your speech or close your topic. They moved it to a section which they find is more suitable. So you have nothing to complain about. Its just the internet people relax sit back enjoy yourselfs and get the corn cobs out of the buttholes&#33;

Mullyman
01-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Nobody is saying freedom of speech has anything to do with the wrong post...it has to do with the part of telling someone to go away....the way it was stated was like telling someone to F :censored: K OFF....but now after reading more of isamma replys, i can see he is a pain in the ass....so maybe he should just F :censored: K OFF :devil: ...Opps sorry "go away" yea, yea i know internet were all human :rolleyes:

Entity101
01-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by isamma@21 January 2004 - 23:31
This topic (solving start page problem in k-lite 2.6) is related to K-Lite 2.6 only and if it&#39;s going to be far from that subject then no one will benefit from it ok ;)
It is a branch of k-lite 2.6 development ok ;)
So putting it else where will make it difficult for users and developers to track changes ok ;)
1) There already exist perfectly good startpages. Also making one is extremely easy, so the Dev&#39;s can make one themselves too.

2) The startpage problem in 2.6 is NOT related to the startpage itself. It has to do with the way khancer works.

3) If it has to do with K-Lite 2.6 then it should be posted in that topic, not in a seperate topic.

4) We don&#39;t want a dozen topics about crappy startup pages.

ok <_<

isamma
01-22-2004, 04:02 PM
it seems that we are not going to the light togather so just leave me a lone and lit other admin or moderators deal with my posts plz ;) :huh: :blink: :frusty: B)

Ps: your problem was never about where i put my posts . it was only for what my opinion about you

all of you can go to divs corner and see many other posts that are not even related to development and are still there so am i or not been pushed out

Entity101
01-22-2004, 04:17 PM
:frusty: :music1: :smilie4: :lol: :huh: :angry: :01:

Lite
01-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Will you to stop arguing please :smilie4:

isamma, you posted in the wrong place - get over it&#33; (and by using vargas&#39; method and not qouting him :angry: )

i do however agree Error403 was a bit harsh with his comment

DRACOJOE2
01-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Well all I can say is go to isamma&#39;s profile and read some of his posts and you will see why he isn&#39;t too well liked round these parts LOL.

isamma
01-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by DRACOJOE2@23 January 2004 - 14:19
Well all I can say is go to isamma&#39;s profile and read some of his posts and you will see why he isn&#39;t too well liked round these parts LOL.
keep your opinion to your self dracola :lol: :huh: :frusty:

the nam is like the persone i think :lol:

oZone
01-23-2004, 03:47 PM
:sleeping:

CornerPocket
01-23-2004, 04:21 PM
I think points have been made....no since in allowing it to spam over ;) CLOSED