PDA

View Full Version : To Make The Point

J'Pol
01-21-2004, 09:02 AM
There are frequent complaints with regard to moderation. Almost entirely unjustified in my opinion.

What would chaps think of a period (say 24 hours) without any moderation. Anarchy on the board and so forth.

To demonstrate what it would truly be like without any rules, or more correctly people to enforce them. The rules would stay, just no moderation of offenders.

I am more interested about what people think of the concept, than actually doing it. What do you think would happen.

chalice
01-21-2004, 09:04 AM
As long as it's alright with you, boss.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
01-21-2004, 09:04 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohhh that would be funny.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

;) Actually.I would do the same thing I do now. :P

UKMan
01-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Without people to moderate or enforce the rules would of course lead to a great increase of SPAM and flaming i guess. No-one to ban IP's or warn members would of course result in the same effect too.

But i also wonder if in the end, after a long time maybe, some sort of equelibrium would occur. Maybe if we tried to ignore spam and flaming then it would calm down on its own? Doubt it, but its a thought though.

I have no problems with the moderation here... maybe one or two Mods i dont get on too well with, but the moderation of this board works well at least. B)

Peace
UKMan

uNz[i]
01-21-2004, 09:30 AM
I think folks who have have issues with the mods would probably come back and have a field day.

We'd all be at the mercy of ex members like *gasp* HYPO :o

Internet.news would RUN AMOK sharing thoughts openly all over the board in an orgy of empathy, the likes of which no mere mortal can imagine, or survive.

No. It just doesn't bear thinking about. PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. NO

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

muchspl2
01-21-2004, 09:46 AM
he does that already
I just avoid his threads like the plague :)

uNz[i]
01-21-2004, 09:59 AM
So do I... it's when you stumble across him in other peoples topics :fear: that you have to fear him.

He lies in wait like a landmine. :ph34r:

Edit: typo