PDA

View Full Version : Got A Problem With Azureus

far
01-23-2004, 05:52 PM
It takes like 15 minutes to open a site when Im using Azureus and its not only internet...the whole system is running really slow....Didnt really have this problem until now but when a friend told me he was having the same problem ..and it was java applet from azureus that was causing this...But I have used azureus for almost 20 days now ..and it first sterted yesterday....So when I delete java everything is running smoothly...I really dont wanna stop using this program cause Im getting great speeds with it....
so Is there maybe a smaller version of java that would allow me to use azureus without causing these problems...I downloaded this onehere (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html)...Its over 110MB

DarthInsinuate
01-23-2004, 06:34 PM
110MB!? i think you're getting the developer's version, you want the one under Download J2SE v 1.4.2_03 JRE

here's (https://jsecom16b.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=jsecom16b.sun.com-62226%3A40115d00%3Ada494f193dd7a32e) A step in the right direction

far
01-23-2004, 06:49 PM
well..thats exactly what I did download ..and the size of it is 107MB...But Im beginning to think this has nothing to do with java..cause I experienced the same problem again..without having java installed on my pc...There is this bittorrent file I began to download with azareus...but I canceled it and now every time I try to delete it ..it tells me "the file cannot be deleted cause another person or program is using it"...and when I try this ..its like my whole pc crashes and everything is running so damn slow...I even turned of internet...but still couldnt delete it ..
thanx

ck-uk
01-23-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm having the same mate.Every now & again my memory usage shoots up an extra 700mb,luck it havnt crashed yet thou it seems to recover after ten mins.

I dont want to use another client either mate i notice an update on nova earlier & a patch,maybe a few bug fixes. :)

far
01-23-2004, 10:56 PM
If u learn how to fix it ,hola at me m8
btw...suprnova seems to be down

Java Boy
01-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Go to the Sourceforge Azureus forum for help...
Thats the best place..

bleachie
01-24-2004, 02:22 AM
ya, azuerus killed my inner child. er, um.. i mean conection. i figure it was the java, but the one i downloaded was only 10 mB. still, maybe i should unstall it.

Java Boy
01-31-2004, 07:31 AM
you need to update the cvs files...
God-damn it does no-one lift a finger to help themselves anymore?

Thimme
02-01-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm using an older azureus, 2008, and it seems to work better than the new ones. It connects to more peers faster and d/ls faster.
You mite wanna upgrade your graphics card drivers too. cuz I kept getting "dhhelp illegal op." messages w/ my old drivers.

NotoriousBIC
02-01-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by far@23 January 2004 - 18:49
well..thats exactly what I did download ..and the size of it is 107MB...But Im beginning to think this has nothing to do with java..cause I experienced the same problem again..without having java installed on my pc...There is this bittorrent file I began to download with azareus...but I canceled it and now every time I try to delete it ..it tells me "the file cannot be deleted cause another person or program is using it"...and when I try this ..its like my whole pc crashes and everything is running so damn slow...I even turned of internet...but still couldnt delete it ..
thanx
It's not that hard. The links are on the frontpage of http://azureus.sourceforge.net

Download link to the java engine you need (http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2re-1.4.2_03-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg) (~15 mb)

The problems usually come from using a version of java which is incompatible with Azureus.

edit: @JavaBoy: no need to update the cvs files. That's asking too much right now.

Java Boy
02-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@1 February 2004 - 01:27
edit: @JavaBoy: no need to update the cvs files. That's asking too much right now.
:unsure: Yeah, I know now..I only mentioned it as it solved a few issues I was having...
By the way, seen your post over at the SourceForge Azureus forum ...Have they sorted out the SuprnovaLister Plugin yet?

NotoriousBIC
02-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Well there is a new version 1.9 in the CVS, but that doesn't work for me.
Perhaps you can try it. Remember to backup your old one...