PDA

View Full Version : Some Probs With Me New Set Up

abu_has_the_power
01-31-2004, 03:35 AM
i put everything together today. working ok. the fan is a crazy mofo! it's driving me nuts! and i can't lower the rpm with speedfan for some weird reason! :angry:

here's my current probs:
1. everything is so weird and slow. when i click on my computer, it takes very long time to open
2. fan is killing my ears!

great temps! 34 on full load and 26-29 idle!! wow! and thats after its oced to 2.8!!!

wat up with the slowness?

EDIT: NOW EVEN WORSE! my computer won't even open. none of my windows will open! and explorer is taking up 100% cpu!!! WTFFFFF!!!!!

Livy
01-31-2004, 03:38 AM
what have u changed?

if u changed m/board and didnt reformat hdd, the wrong drivers may be installed

abu_has_the_power
01-31-2004, 03:38 AM
new mobo, new ram, new hsf

bigdawgfoxx
01-31-2004, 03:39 AM
um...reformat again or something..thats really wierd.

Livy
01-31-2004, 03:40 AM
have a look in device manager, make sure everything is fine, but i think its better to reinstall windows.

edit: also it down to the actual motherboard supporting the capability ot change the cpu fan voltage, or system fan voltage as some dont

tesco
01-31-2004, 04:11 AM
ya you MUST reinstall windows (more importatnly with xp), expecially when your motherboard is a new chipset.

Did you get teh asus board? i think asus boards hav a setting in the bios to lower the speed of the fans. (a7n8x does)

clocker
01-31-2004, 06:49 AM
Rossco, I found the Asus speed control varied the speed between "fast" and "slightly faster"...in other words, not very useful. It may work better with a different fan than my Zalman POS.

Abu, not be be insulting, but did you tell SpeedFan to contol your fan?

SpeedFan>configure>speeds>double click on fan 1> set upper & lower speeds> check box "automatically variated".

abu_has_the_power
01-31-2004, 08:04 PM
i reinstalled windows. there goes all of my installed progs. :angry:. i still can't change fan speed. i've messed with speedfan for a while. not working. any other progs that can do this?

lynx
01-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Have you tried disabling the Q-Fan option? It may not be possible for Speedfan to control your fan if this is enabled.

Alternatively, have you tried enabling Q-Fan? It may provide you with the options you require without the use of Speedfan, although it appears to have only the options of x/16 or full speed. You can set x to be anywhere between 11 and 15.

abu_has_the_power
02-01-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by lynx@31 January 2004 - 16:37
Have you tried disabling the Q-Fan option? It may not be possible for Speedfan to control your fan if this is enabled.

Alternatively, have you tried enabling Q-Fan? It may provide you with the options you require without the use of Speedfan, although it appears to have only the options of x/16 or full speed. You can set x to be anywhere between 11 and 15.
rite now qfan is disabled. any other progs that can change fan speed?