PDA

View Full Version : Other Languages

Askjeevesbot
01-31-2004, 10:29 PM
Time to close this topic too as it's starting to get out of our hands. It can be fun to talk in binary code but if people start to attack eachother then we have to end this.

I DO understand that it can be fun but remember that this is a big board and we cannot risk that many people start to talk in their favorite language as it will make it hard for our team to use 100 translators to be aware of issues.

:P then just make a new translators group becides its just gonna keep happening its not like it really got out of control only 2 were being used binary and the "kenny" one i mean i really don't see this getting out of hand many people thought haveing a post count in the lounge would make it a big free for all but i didn't people just got used to the idea and bam everything clamed down i rwally see no problem here.

If there are topics being posted in like German or some other language like that then we know we are screwed and we would have a big problem on our hands but there aren't that many fake ones out there like the kenny one and because its fake not many people will care.

Afronaut
02-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Askjeevesbot@1 February 2004 - 00:29
rwally see no problem here.

Well, personally, the Binary thread was funny for about first few Posts,
then i started to Get The Picture that i have to use the Translators all day
when Moderating. :(

I mean, we have to check out whats going on here, thats the Job.
We cant just Stop Reading the posts if it doesnt Interest us.
What if we started to get the Binary on Avatars and Signatures etc?

Plus, i wonder how would you feel if i started sending PM's in Finnish for you, (for example)
you then have to find a Translator for the Language and Believe or not,
I can talk some Rauma Dialect too which would make the Finnish to English Translator
extrememly hard to find, if any.

It sucks to say that the Fun IS Over (the languages) but it is
so much Extra Work for mods to do and we have other places to attend too.

This was not a matter of the Languages been Fun or Not,
its just so unpractical (is that a word?).

RapFan/Askjeevesbot, i hope you understand our point in this Language matter,
there has to be other ways to have Fun in here.
And there is. :P :lol:

I dont think i have to post links in here to prove it. ;)

Cheers:
:cool2:

Mad Cat
02-01-2004, 01:33 AM
There should be an addition to the rules, stating that any post that contains non-English language, has to also include a translation of itself into English.

There can of course be exceptions, like maybe asking what language something is, or that where somebody needs a translation.

This has worked in another forum I frequent.

I already pmed 7th about this...

Askjeevesbot
02-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Well like i have said there are 2 launguages to translate to so its not like its gonna take all day :P

jetje
02-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Askjeevesbot@1 February 2004 - 13:56
Well like i have said there are 2 launguages to translate to so its not like its gonna take all day :P
that and checking a few hundred links and read all posts... believe me, Guitar does have a point B)

Askjeevesbot
02-02-2004, 05:00 PM
heck i can transulate for ya i got nothing else to do well unless i get the radio show