PDA

View Full Version : Connecting 6 In 1 Flash Card Reader Thing

abu_has_the_power
02-03-2004, 05:00 AM
i have a 6 in 1 card reader thingy that goes in ur 3.5' slot. when i got my computer, or most of it, it came plugged in to my old mobo. i just switched mobos, as u know, and now i plug it in and it doesn't work. maybe i'm plugging it into the wrong place. where is it supposed to go?? i leads out to a 4 pin flat connector thingy that looks kinda like those front usb port connectors. wat up? :unsure:

clocker
02-03-2004, 05:35 AM
If it's like mine Abu, that connector is USB.
Try it on one of your board's USB headers and see if it shows up in My Computer.

SciManAl
02-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Same advise here, make sure you there is even a header with the config on it.. it would suck if you had to move the wiires around because of bad configuration of headers...

abu_has_the_power
02-03-2004, 05:39 AM
hmm... it does look like a use connector. well, rite now, my front usb connectors aren't working either. from the reviews on this board, a lot of other users also had this prob. those instructions are weird. i'll mess around. if it's not a usb connector, where would it go?

Mr. Elmo
02-03-2004, 05:55 AM
most card reader are usb header and i havent seen one connected other wise. wherw was it plugged into in ur old mobo?

abu_has_the_power
02-03-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@3 February 2004 - 00:55
most card reader are usb header and i havent seen one connected other wise. wherw was it plugged into in ur old mobo?
can't really remember. but it does look very much like a usb connector. i gotta finish some french hw and go to bed. so i'll try this tomorow.