PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Problemo

supersonic
02-03-2004, 10:26 PM
here is the senario:
My windows crashed for ever and I could not reinstall it, because the cd drvie(hardware) was not working, until I got a new one. Anyway, I reinstalled windows (clean install) and when I open it, it shows some temporary internet explorer files and some other uninstalled programs that are there, but they are corrupted. I can't delete, move, rename, cut or even change position in the start menu especially :(
The files are not used by any programs or any crap. The properities of the files indicate that they are messed ub, because it shows incomplete information about the files/folders. Most of the files in these folders have some SPECIAL characters names and chinese signes. I always update and search for viruses and everything, but I have found non. I tried to install, uninstall different antiviruses and run online scans, but non of them indicate that they are infected.
I used some deleting programs that move-on-boot, erase from disk, wipe and furck, but there was still no hope, because it is like the files are NOT there to windows and other programs.
when I try to delete, move, renam, copy or furck, it gives me a message that the files do not exist:
[CODE]
cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or desk
[code]
I tried registery prorams to delete all information related to thes files, tried advice, tried micro$oft and many other resources with no hope.
The problem is that I cannot reformat my hd, because I have really sensitive and important information and programs in there that I cannot delete, nor copy on cds, because it will take 100 cds, which is not reasonable.
my pc specz:
Physical Memory: 254 MB
Processor Speed: 1002 MHZ (PIIIE)
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Version 5.1.2600 (no sps)
hd maxor 40 Gigs.
are there any programs I can use to help me in this pproblems, any seggestions?
Please this issues is pissing me offff. Any help will be appreciated.
Thnx in advance.

Xero Grid
02-04-2004, 01:35 AM
Hmm... Try CopyLock (http://noeld.com/download.htm#CopyLock) to replace the files and see if they can be deleted after a reboot.

I think should install Service Pack 1. It has like a billion bugfixes for XP. It might solve your problem, as well.

Maybe you can try CloseApp (http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#lcounter). Maybe it's a program running when it shouldn't.

And if it's a program starting up when it shouldn't, then take it out of the start-up registry. RegSeeker (http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm) allows you do to it without doing manually.

-- Xero Grid --

supersonic
02-05-2004, 01:33 AM
unfortunately, I used the move-on-boot programs and none of them worked, where they give any error message in startup that the files could not be deleted.
I have regseeker and many other registery programs, but the files/folders dont startup with windows.
I will try to see the fixes for sp1 and sp2 and see if one of them solves the problem.
Thnx alot for help :)