PDA

View Full Version : Fucked Up My Screen

bigdawgfoxx
02-04-2004, 02:39 AM
Ok..I noticed my monitor was set on 60Hz...so I went in there and changed it to 85hz...I clicked apply and then it asked me to restart so I did. Now when I put it on 1024X768 it looks really big..like 800X600 and that makes no fucking since to me. So I put it on a higher resolution but screen are fucking small. But my X and Minamize signs are BIG and my fonts are BIG...wtf...I want it back to the normal 1024X768...but i cant seem to get it RIGHT!

TheFilePirater
02-04-2004, 02:40 AM
maybe u shouldnt mess with stuff you dont know wat ur doing <_<

bigdawgfoxx
02-04-2004, 02:47 AM
I know what im doing..ive done it many times before...i got the x&#39;s back to normal...but the icons on the desktop are spaced out REALLY far...and the fonts are still big..

oh, and my start bar is bigger then normal and my AIM icon next to the clock is REALLY small...all the other icons are normal tho...looks kinda like a virus maybe...the icon keeps getting smaller and smaller...

my screen resolution looks normal..but my windows are fucking huge too

im thinking about reformating cuz that would prob be easier then trying to fix all this shit haha

tesco
02-04-2004, 03:10 AM
first make sure you have 32bit color, 1024*768 and 60hz. then change teh theme to the regular classic windows theme (NOT WINDOWS XP&#33;) and then set it back to whatever other theme you want. all of the icons should be back to normal now, also make sure that large icons arent checked off in effects under the appearance tab in display properties.

bigdawgfoxx
02-04-2004, 03:14 AM
Didnt work....ughhh

bigdawgfoxx
02-04-2004, 03:36 AM
Everything looks about normal now, except the desktop icons are spread way to far out, and the start bar is kinda big...so are all the fonts on websites..like the kazaa lite board has bigg fonts lol

tesco
02-04-2004, 03:40 AM
while you are in internet explorer hold ctrl and use the scroll wheel on your mouse and it will change the font size. and you cna change teh font size for the start menu (if that is even what is making it big) in the appearances tab in display properties.

bigdawgfoxx
02-04-2004, 03:54 AM
Did some more stuff then restarted..made the icons go back together, but kinda too close now..the icons by the clock are about 1 8th of a centemeter in diameter...SO small..I think ill just reformatt since I dont really care...much easier then dealing with all this gay shit.

Icons and taskbar are back to normal kinda..but the words on the start bar are really small and so are all the icons...ughh

adamp2p
02-04-2004, 07:06 AM
Do you have the drivers for your monitor properly installed?

bigdawgfoxx
02-04-2004, 01:24 PM
yah..but oh well i just reformatted it..im on my bros computer right now