PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Fake?

Smith
02-04-2004, 11:18 PM
"office xp 2003"

404601kb

office xp.exe

is it real, cause im dling it rite now, and it be a shame if it had a virus in it.

Risknothin
02-04-2004, 11:36 PM
i got one about that size but it was a zip file worked fine for me

Smith
02-04-2004, 11:39 PM
couyldnt get any sources for the zip 1

kaiweiler
02-05-2004, 12:09 AM
if you have any doubt, just don't use kazaa for software, use bitTorrent or something!

Eat_Some_LSD
02-05-2004, 03:05 AM
I've got that some one burned to disk; it's real, though there's no telling if it's been infected...just run a virus-scan after you download it. ;)

shn
02-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@4 February 2004 - 18:09
if you have any doubt, just don't use kazaa for software, use bitTorrent or something!
What's wrong with using kazaa for software? I use it for software all the time. All you have to do is look at the file size and make an educated guess. My av will pick a virus out while its in .dat form as soon as it hits my shared folder.

Bittorent is ok, but one thing I noticed with bittorent is you can only have so many torrents downloading at one time before the client crashes. And no its not a memory problem because I have plenty of that. And I have used various bittorent clients and they have all given the same results. I can have 10 or 15 downloads going in kazaa. I cant do that with bitorent.

Xero Grid
02-09-2004, 08:48 AM
That's kinda weird. BT never crashe on me. It's just since I'm running on crapware, if I have too many torrents running, my comp slows down. My brother has this awesome computer he built and it runs great and he's always having like 20 torrents running and it runs without a hitch... that bastard! :lol:

I need to build my on computer.... soon... very soon.....

There's only so much software tweaking can get you... without having to upgrade hardware....

-- Xero Grid --