PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet Card?

j4y3m
02-05-2004, 02:03 AM
I already have a ethernet card installed but I'm trying to install another so i can use ICS with my ps2. I have a Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Installed and working properly but when I install another card(Realtek RTL8139C+ Fast Ethernet NIC from my old computer.) I get a yellow exclamation mark in device manager and this error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." I tired using updated/different drivers but windows wont let me use them, it sais "The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed." I'm pointing it to the folder where the drivers are and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Virtualbody1234
02-05-2004, 02:12 AM
Try moving the card to another PCI slot.

Or...

Get a router. Then you don't need 2 cards in one computer.

j4y3m
02-05-2004, 02:14 AM
I'll try that tommorow. This is just a temp solution till I can afford a router. :)

firefox
02-05-2004, 06:08 AM
I dont know where your are from, but here where I am I can get a router for 50 bucks.

3RA1N1AC
02-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by stupidguy@4 February 2004 - 18:03
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." I tired using updated/different drivers but windows wont let me use them, it sais "The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed." I'm pointing it to the folder where the drivers are and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help?
you can pretty much force Windows to install any driver you want to for almost any piece of hardware, by choosing "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." then it won't give you that "could not find a better match" message.

there's no guarantee that the new drivers will actually work after they're installed. but it could be worth a try.

j4y3m
02-05-2004, 01:50 PM
I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but now it isn't even detected by windows. :blink: So I moved it to another PCI slot and I still have the same problem. I think the card is broken. :smilie4: I'll just buy a router.