PDA

View Full Version : Un-eraseable Cd-rw

superdude
02-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Wow! A have a rewriteable CD that just wont b erased

i have tried it all. when i erase it, it just says its succesfull but the contents arent physically erased. i pick complete erasing, thats in nero.

Oh yeah, we can go to the moon, we can go to mars, but we cant erase a CD-RW... perhaps bush should reconsider sending a man to mars...

We dont want any 'un-eatable' food..! or 'undrinkable water!'

jezzz :frusty: :helpsmile:

james_bond_rulez
02-05-2004, 10:31 AM
maybe u've used it many times and now it just gave out

a lot of the reflective material just deterirate after many uses, it's time to use a new one...

DWk
02-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@5 February 2004 - 03:31
maybe u've used it many times and now it just gave out

a lot of the reflective material just deterirate after many uses, it's time to use a new one...
Yeps, I have like 10 cd-rws and the 2 I mostly use, are wearing off. One of them is almost unusable, and the other is in it's way. They also start getting scratched like any regular CD.

They served their purpose, now I need more cd-rws but with more burnt speed (most you find here are 4x). I only have one 12x which came with my burner and the 8x that came with the other burner is the one that's almost dead :(

cwctv
02-05-2004, 05:59 PM
I wash mind with warm water and cotton wool to get all the finger prints off first then just leave on the radiator for ten minutes to dry, I have 12 x10 speed mainly for movies so I can play them in my home Dvd dvix player.

Virtualbody1234
02-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Leaving a CD on a radiator is a bad idea.

firefox
02-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@5 February 2004 - 11:59
I wash mind with warm water and cotton wool to get all the finger prints off first then just leave on the radiator for ten minutes to dry, I have 12 x10 speed mainly for movies so I can play them in my home Dvd dvix player.
what kind of player do you have, brand and model

tesco
02-06-2004, 12:06 AM
leaving it on a radiator is bad enough, but wont using steel wool on a cd cause more damage than it fixes? (ie scratching it)

SciManAl
02-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Actually intresting question, what could you do to take out the scrathces in a cd??

leaving it on a radiator is bad enough, but wont using steel wool on a cd cause more damage than it fixes? (ie scratching it)

I have a DVD-RW and i feel like i don't want to ever buy another one... i always burn to it before a DVD-r because pancakes are way too expenisve there... But yes they do after time simply don't erase... but rememeber how much money you could have spent on -Rs and you should be happy...

Tormentor
02-06-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@5 February 2004 - 17:06
He said cotton wool. I dont think anybody here is dumb enough to use steel woll on a cd... or so i think.

SciManAl
02-06-2004, 06:10 AM
cotton wool

what is that stuff would that make a cd unscratched???

Mad Cat
02-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by SciManAl@6 February 2004 - 06:10

cotton wool

what is that stuff would that make a cd unscratched???
No, but I've heard toothpaste works well on Gameboy screens etc, maybe try that on a duff CD?

Oh, toothpaste all over it and the clean it off with a towel.

Evil Gemini
02-06-2004, 10:23 AM
I had this really good cd scratch remover but i cant find it in stores anymore.

It came with two small red bottles, one labeled A and the other B.

One had the scratch removal stuff in it and the other was a waxing one.

I only had like a few drops of the scratch remover left so i got some on a cloth and tried it on my car because i was curious :rolleyes:

OMG, the small patch i rubbed it in was amazing. It was like i got a new paint job on this small spot on my car :D

So, im guessing you could use Cut Back on your cd's

DWk
02-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Evil Gemini@6 February 2004 - 03:23
I had this really good cd scratch remover but i cant find it in stores anymore.

It came with two small red bottles, one labeled A and the other B.

One had the scratch removal stuff in it and the other was a waxing one.

I only had like a few drops of the scratch remover left so i got some on a cloth and tried it on my car because i was curious :rolleyes:

OMG, the small patch i rubbed it in was amazing. It was like i got a new paint job on this small spot on my car :D

So, im guessing you could use Cut Back on your cd's
Yes, this has worked with me. However, I haven't tried it on CD-RW, mostly because of my fear of not working again. But then again, it doesn't work right now, so I just might do that when I come back B)

superdude
02-06-2004, 04:55 PM
the CD-RW is NEW, it is the second time i burn it

the topic really got a new spin didnt it?

superdude
02-06-2004, 04:58 PM
i forgot to add that:

the fastest CDRW i have seen is 12x. they are comercially available, i see them all the time, and they look ok.

Im gonna make a new post, about removing scratches, its a good idea. I'd like to hear some new ideas on hown to clean my cd's.

Livy
02-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by superdude@6 February 2004 - 16:55
the CD-RW is NEW, it is the second time i burn it

the topic really got a new spin markt it?
ide driver probs maybe, i had probs erasing cd-rws due to this

DWk
02-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Fastest I've seen was a 16x, although that one came with the burner, and I have just seen ONE 12x (as well as one 16x), and that's the one I have :smilie4:

bigdawgfoxx
02-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Why do they make burners that burn at 32X if no Cds can burn that fast (RW at least lol). My burner can go to 52X32X52 do they make any Cds that will even burn that fast?

cwctv
02-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Christ I don't cook the thing just dry it using a cloth of any type will just give you scratches, ANYWAY I do it my way you can do it your way(s) besides I need plantpot holders... sometimes. :D

firefox
what kind of player do you have, brand and model

Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...2852014-6042862 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000B0A4H/ref=br_ce_ts_5//026-2852014-6042862)
http://www.umax.de/support/yamfaqsUS.php

And its played everything so far (with fireware updates),BUT its not full screen what you see on you pc is what you see on your TV (black bars top bottom),abit like if you use the tv out on your video card and I have a 32" Widescreen, popcorn anyone. :D

Tormentor
He said cotton wool.

Thank you and remember it as to be damp or you WILL scratch it.

bigdawgfoxx
Why do they make burners that burn at 32X if no Cds can burn that fast (RW at least lol). My burner can go to 52X32X52 do they make any Cds that will even burn that fast?

I think that is the 24 dollar question so it looks like maybe the Cd writers are here for a while longer regardless of Dvd writers. :lol:
As to regarding getting scratches fully out yeah I heard of the ones mentioned but never tried any yet just like you other guys,maybe one day when its required I will try the options given here,the toothpaste one was talked about a few years back now can't recall were. :(