PDA

View Full Version : Emoticon Replace Request!

I.am
02-05-2004, 09:51 PM
Can you replace <_< with http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/wavehappy.gif

The latter seems to be more inviting and the former one brings more anger than needed. In any case we have too many for arguement emoticons like this :argue: which is a little funnier than the one above. It just creates more conflict&#33; It shouldnt be on the left clickable section anyways. We need more hostility or pleasing things on the board?
I say get rid of that one.

Anyone else feels the same?

Edit:Spelling

Askjeevesbot
02-05-2004, 10:03 PM
i think we need anger emotions but more friendly ones should be added though

RealitY
02-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Well James_Bond_Rulez may resign the board if you do that...
<_< <_< :P :P

TRshady
02-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Whats the point? <_<

edit: the above is an example of the point which i.am is trying to make, and some of you may notice from some of my posts, that I dislike that emoticon too .... as it makes a post seem so rude and just removes the friendly atmosphere. Remove it 7th&#33; :D

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-05-2004, 11:50 PM
;) Keep it.It is not being rude.It is simply stateing that the Person does not find a previous Post Funny or very thoughtful.

Like I have said before.There should be a Guide for the NOOBs to understand what each Smiley means.

NightStalker
02-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Emoticons are to indicate an emotion, where it be irritated ( <_< ) or happy ( :D )

Why should it be any different, emotions are used to express one&#39;s feelings about a certain topic, and I think to a degree that they should not be taken away (even if it is just one) If it is offending you, just disable the images in everyone&#39;s post. (You can do this by going to your control panel)

My two cents worth. :music1:

Adster
02-06-2004, 12:31 AM
get rid of the wink smiley and get a decent wink smiley

as Ive said before likes like hes been beaten up and his eyes all bruised

I.am
02-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Thanks for understanding my point whoever did. (Thanks Shady)

For others who have no clue what I am saying is :frusty:

I am not saying I dont like all emoticons, so there is no question of disabling, and thank you I know where things are.

Isnt this enough for anger http://filesharingtalk.com/html/emoticons/argue.gif or frustration you are trying to show. We have more frustrated smileys than the one&#39;s that make you feel welcome.

Who says we all are going to agree on everything :) It never has been and it will never be. I was just trying to make a point&#33;

I rest my case. :)

silent VI
02-06-2004, 02:17 AM
i dont think its a rude smilely <_< i like it use it alot but not in a offensive way

NightStalker
02-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by I.am@5 February 2004 - 21:14
Thanks for understanding my point whoever did. (Thanks Shady)

For others who have no clue what I am saying is :frusty:

I am not saying I dont like all emoticons, so there is no question of disabling, and thank you I know where things are.

Isnt this enough for anger http://filesharingtalk.com/html/emoticons/argue.gif or frustration you are trying to show. We have more frustrated smileys than the one&#39;s that make you feel welcome.

Who says we all are going to agree on everything :) It never has been and it will never be. I was just trying to make a point&#33;

I rest my case. :)
Yes, and so was I.

Although, why did you bring in an irrelevant comment? I never said you did not know where things where.

:mellow:

Askjeevesbot
02-06-2004, 04:42 AM
there are so many better emotions out there :P that can be replaced with many better ones :ghostface: i don&#39;t get the point of this one :shit: this isn&#39;t needed :mad3: this should be taken away and so on i like some of them but some have got ot go :x

thewizeard
02-06-2004, 06:49 AM
:o Strange how people can get all worked up ...... over smilies... :lol:

I.am, I understand where you are coming from, but the examples you gave, in my opinion, are not really interchangeable.

As I have said before and now repeat, SOS: Save Our Smilies. :helpsmile: Please let us put an end to these unwarranted attacks on our defenceless smilies, in fact this constant abuse, really should be reported. <_<

Dont you agree Adster? ;)

james_bond_rulez
02-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@5 February 2004 - 13:47
Well James_Bond_Rulez may resign the board if you do that...
<_< <_< :P :P
<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

Adster
02-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by nigel123@6 February 2004 - 16:49

Dont you agree Adster? ;)
:angry: :angry: